Great Lakes 1998 - 2002

Topics related to Second Age
Fixio

Re: Great Lakes 1998 - 2002

Post by Fixio »

I played on GL about 6 months after the game came out. My brothers played from day one. The main character I played was Croccifixio (when I was not playing my brothers) my brothers were Krashnillion and Mad Hatcher.

Some of those screen shots brought back some memories of people for sure.

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ronk »

Three great memories from Great Lakes...

1. When Grool became mayor of Trinisc. Boy, the Trinsic roleplayers were NOT happy when an orc got elected in the free elections. Talk about racism.

2. When the Order of the Gold One began a big story arc with the help of a seer. Ultimately you had the Order Knights and the Chaos Knights. The respective knights fought alongside their respective 'Gold One Dragon' and 'Dark One Dragon'. Evil and the dark one won the day and slaughtered the gold one and his knights.

Each knight was rewarded with a named/blessed sash. The Order of the Gold One guild was seriously sore losers. They bitched and complained and I think ultimately got the seer fired. Then some other seer took over and did some sort story arc about how the gold one didn't really die...yada yada, I forget that part.

3. In the Sandlewood Box Inn, a heavily blessed establishment, there was a story arc where forces of evil kidnapped the owenr (I wanna say his name was Ryak). This was before I was with the Bloodrock but they were there, I was on my BDU wizard. The end of the arc had a bunch of evil people in a keep in the desert. Hordes of 'good' folk attempted to break in and slaughter us all.

So we had mages on the keep roof launching spells down. The orcs held the choke point inside. No one was suppose to give murder counts, yet half of the 'evil' defenders went red. It was my first time being red, lol. It was quite a battle. Ultimately the 'evil' side left and let Ryak get freed...though I am fairly sure we could have held indefinitely.

Why are 'good' roleplayers always such bitches?
------------------
The Bloodrock Orcs - http://www.bloodrock.org
Historic Bloodrock

BigTheo

Post by BigTheo »

Anyone new players to Secondage from GL recently?

Razzamanazz

Post by Razzamanazz »

I played GL from 98 till late 99 though I won't say who I was since I was a teenager then and quite the asshole.

I remember Peon/Peoff, Ho Chi, Faust, Ramuah, AniMorgan, Luthor, Red Sand, and killing every member of Gods Wrath Clan I saw on sight. Had a lot of fun and made a lot of money selling ill-gotten goods online.

Anonym0us

Post by Anonym0us »

I played as Salem (Smurf/Koden/J O K E R/+million other accounts). Ran with a bunch of clans (WiN, TDE, etc), led SoV.. Found this thread via google (ha!). Anyway, nice know that so many of you are still alive and kickin'. email me @ one80degrees_south@yahoo.com if you want to keep in touch.

Anonym0us

Post by Anonym0us »

Anonym0us wrote:I played as Salem (Smurf/Koden/J O K E R/+million other accounts). Ran with a bunch of clans (WiN, TDE, etc), led SoV.. Found this thread via google (ha!). Anyway, nice know that so many of you are still alive and kickin'. email me @ one80degrees_south@yahoo.com if you want to keep in touch.
P.S.. Vesper pride. ;)

Vegita

Post by Vegita »

So many post, of all the people that I used to PvP against or hang out with. Yet no mention of R>A or Vegita!

SinDOC

Post by SinDOC »

What's up Salem? It's your old buddy Sin. If you get a minute, join irc.stratics.com #win

Baslin

Post by Baslin »

I played on GL from '98-'01.

I recently felt the itch to get back to playing UO, found this shard three days ago, and am working up a few characters now.

*wave* to everyone -- hope to see you out there.

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ronk »

Baslin wrote:I played on GL from '98-'01.

I recently felt the itch to get back to playing UO, found this shard three days ago, and am working up a few characters now.

The Bloodrock orcs will clomp you here too ^_^
------------------
The Bloodrock Orcs - http://www.bloodrock.org
Historic Bloodrock

Baslin

Post by Baslin »

Ronk wrote:
Baslin wrote:I played on GL from '98-'01.

The Bloodrock orcs will clomp you here too ^_^
:P

Looking forward to it...

Baramos

Post by Baramos »

Baramos, K*R
Nero of Tenebrae, OSS
C'Hahguk, Urk

Taking a looksie here, it's good to see so many GL folks on this, recognized quite a few names :)

Sakred

Post by Sakred »

Elric The Great wrote:Well, well, well...

Lots of people on here that I remember. Jorel, my old homey. Flea, AleXi, Cavewight, Arkanis, etc.

Good to see all of you old bastards again. Most of you I remember or at least heard of, but some I havent.

I played from the beginning till around 2002-03 or so. From Dread days on.

I actually found some old screenshots that Silk reminded me of. Here they are...

^^ PROPHECY's guild CPT. I went on to destroy PROPHECY's guild, PC, in Shadowbane not long after I left UO.

I'll be playing here soon. Lock up your daughters.

Elric The Great
Hahah, my corpse! Logan Grimnar was the char I played after my original account, Sakred, got banned along with my buddy Oreseeker. I wish I had some of my old screen shots, we had a lot of great fights.

It's nice to see so many old GL'ers I recognize, even a couple people from CPT! 'Sup ;)

Ne'rull

Post by Ne'rull »

I remember, , Brunall, NoCtUrNaL, DemigodX, Deadly, Lestride, Ima Hermit, Strongman, Luigi & Mario, RAFF, GhostZ, Kracka, Evil-One, Left nut, Right Nut, SirGanksAlot, Cervantes , Sir Bart, Shitloads of old orcs, Greatlakes was an awesome shard.

JackCrow

Post by JackCrow »

Wow.. I've not played in years and years.. and seeing some of the names pop up bring back some old times to mind.. I doubt that anyone would rememeber me.. I mostly hung around a small guild in moonglow.. I was small time..