Swing on the run

Topics related to Second Age
iamreallysquall

Re: Swing on the run

Post by iamreallysquall »

any idea when we can expect changed in regards to this and a decision on the mater?
<mistercherry> i bet ide beat yer asss in scrabble
<Atraxi> as soon as i find the noobs i stole from
<Jamison> lelouche your taunts will be your downfall

Ulfrigg

Post by Ulfrigg »

Kaivan wrote:
Ulfrigg wrote:
Kaivan wrote: It should be noted that while you can run and swing right now, the error is also causing player swings to be held as well, which is not supposed to happen (this is not a disputed mechanic between sources).

Its not being held, just tried it out with a heavy xbow.
When I say that a swing is being held, I mean that the swing will not attempt to hit your opponent until they are in range, not that the swing will attempt to hit them no matter how far away they are.

I totally understood what you meant and tried it with a crossbow bye shooting then waiting for second shot to almost take place, run out of range hold a sec then go back into range and it will wait for the 3rd cycle. It wont shoot since the shot is already gone when i was out of range

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

Ulfrigg wrote:
Kaivan wrote:
Ulfrigg wrote:
Kaivan wrote: It should be noted that while you can run and swing right now, the error is also causing player swings to be held as well, which is not supposed to happen (this is not a disputed mechanic between sources).

Its not being held, just tried it out with a heavy xbow.
When I say that a swing is being held, I mean that the swing will not attempt to hit your opponent until they are in range, not that the swing will attempt to hit them no matter how far away they are.

I totally understood what you meant and tried it with a crossbow bye shooting then waiting for second shot to almost take place, run out of range hold a sec then go back into range and it will wait for the 3rd cycle. It wont shoot since the shot is already gone when i was out of range
This is because archery functions entirely differently than melee weapons. Archery weapons do not hold their shots if their opponent is out of range when the shot attempted to fire, and this is working as intended.
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org

Pied Piper

Post by Pied Piper »

I have noticed it does not hold my swings on a dexxer when chasing down ppl.

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

Pied Piper wrote:I have noticed it does not hold my swings on a dexxer when chasing down ppl.
If we are talking about the last two days, the swing is being held, and swings are occurring while moving. If we're talking about before this issue, swings have been operating as expected.
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org

Ulfrigg

Post by Ulfrigg »

Its not being held, just tried it out with a heavy xbow.[/quote]
When I say that a swing is being held, I mean that the swing will not attempt to hit your opponent until they are in range, not that the swing will attempt to hit them no matter how far away they are.[/quote]

I totally understood what you meant and tried it with a crossbow bye shooting then waiting for second shot to almost take place, run out of range hold a sec then go back into range and it will wait for the 3rd cycle. It wont shoot since the shot is already gone when i was out of range[/quote]
This is because archery functions entirely differently than melee weapons. Archery weapons do not hold their shots if their opponent is out of range when the shot attempted to fire, and this is working as intended.[/quote]

Thats strange because before it has never had a hickup for me on this server, always had the bow/xbow insta shoot again when in range again.

Pied Piper

Post by Pied Piper »

Kaivan wrote:
Pied Piper wrote:I have noticed it does not hold my swings on a dexxer when chasing down ppl.
If we are talking about the last two days, the swing is being held, and swings are occurring while moving. If we're talking about before this issue, swings have been operating as expected.
Could it have been lag then? I was pinging a lill over 100 when it happened. Usually I ping around mid 60's.

Yes, it was since the changes. It was yesterday.
Last edited by Pied Piper on Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

If swing on the run was questionable to say the least. Does that mean that 2.5 second halberd cycling will be looked at? You know, because it does not work in the demo, nor is there a patch covering it, nor is there proper documentation of it, nor did it work in UO, nor does it work on current UO?

I would like to see the proof that halberds could be cycled the way they are here.

Ulfrigg

Post by Ulfrigg »

Pied Piper wrote:
Kaivan wrote:
Could it have been lag then? I was pinging a lill over 100 when it happened. Usually I ping around mid 60's.

With that ping you should be fine mine is 160 average, hops is almost more important how many hops you got?

Faust

Post by Faust »

MatronDeWinter wrote:If swing on the run was questionable to say the least. Does that mean that 2.5 second halberd cycling will be looked at? You know, because it does not work in the demo, nor is there a patch covering it, nor is there proper documentation of it, nor did it work in UO, nor does it work on current UO?

I would like to see the proof that halberds could be cycled the way they are here.
Due to the way the combat code functions it would be physically impossible to sync an explosion/ebolt/hally combo if a hally could not be cycled.

We know this was never the case during the era and it was quite obvious during the last revision for swing mechanics when tinkering with it here.

Halberd delay at 25 stamina equates to 4.75s and an ebolt delay following an explosion spell is 1.75s fast casted or 2.25s when not fast casted. The explosion spell lands 3 seconds after being casted before intitiating the ebolt spell leaving 1.25s fast casted or 0.75s if not fast casted. Throw in the damage delay for the ebolt and that adds an additional 1.0s onto the damage time frame.

We know the equip delay restarts the weapon delay(after the ebolt would be casted in this case) everytime the hally is dragged or equipped with no question.

A 3.75s delay left over on the weapon delay after the ebolt has literally been targeted would never be possible.

There is no physical possibility that this combo could even be remotely feasible unless a weapon could be cycled.
Last edited by Faust on Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Faust wrote:
MatronDeWinter wrote:If swing on the run was questionable to say the least. Does that mean that 2.5 second halberd cycling will be looked at? You know, because it does not work in the demo, nor is there a patch covering it, nor is there proper documentation of it, nor did it work in UO, nor does it work on current UO?

Due to the way the combat code functions it would be physically impossible to sync an explosion/ebolt/hally combo if a hally could not be cycled.

We know this was never the case during the era and it was quite obvious during the last revision for swing mechanics here.
I sure don't remember playing hallytag in t2a. I would certainly be interested in seeing where you came up with this idea.

Pied Piper

Post by Pied Piper »

Ulfrigg wrote:
Pied Piper wrote:
Kaivan wrote:

With that ping you should be fine mine is 160 average, hops is almost more important how many hops you got?
WHat is hops? Packets? (new age redneck here :lol: )

Faust

Post by Faust »

MatronDeWinter wrote:
Faust wrote:

We know this was never the case during the era and it was quite obvious during the last revision for swing mechanics here.
I sure don't remember playing hallytag in t2a. I would certainly be interested in seeing where you came up with this idea.
Edited my post with clarification.

Ulfrigg

Post by Ulfrigg »

servers you go to untill you get to the host

Pied Piper

Post by Pied Piper »

Ulfrigg wrote:servers you go to untill you get to the host
I dunno. How do I check it?