Topics related to Second Age
Blaise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Swing on the run

Post by Blaise »

iamreallysquall wrote:
Psilo wrote:
BlaiseDad wrote:I realize that SOTR is the best 'mistake' this shard has ever made, aside from allowing me to play here.

Hopefully neither are ever corrected.
Correcting "held hits" is not a big issue for pvpers, it's really for the better and it's era accurate to take it out and have it like it was.

SOTR is era accurate though, and should stay as is it's also bringing people to the shard. Sounds like the safer choice to go with, since it's probably accurate. As we have no 100% proof that pvp had "stop to hit". Nowhere in yahoo chat logs or old forums does anyone mention having to stop to hit someone they are chasing lol, this further backs up our claims of SOTR being era accurate and being the safer choice to go with.
Kaivan wrote:
It should be noted that while you can run and swing right now, the error is also causing player swings to be held as well, which is not supposed to happen (this is not a disputed mechanic between sources).
Kaivan wrote:I talked with Derrick about this briefly today and there have been no intentional changes to combat. If anything has changed, we should expect that it will return to normal soon.

Blah blah blah, please don't fix.
Est Sularus oth Mithas

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Roser »

You can hold a swing for an isnta hit, and at the same time there is a function of the weapon swing that is not held. I know that sounds contradictory, but there are actually 2 swing timer's happening when you are in combat.

This is also allowing for controlled double hits. Double hits are very hard to control, the window of execution is one tick if you do it right, and it would appear that you can not hold a double hit as in the past. Also note that you will see higher dex classes score more double hits then lower; this is because their swing cycle's are far shorter and revolve many more times then lower dex classes, thus giving more chances to land on the quarter second window.

As I said before, there are two timers that are running when you are combating someone. One of them is your insta hit, and the other is a continual cycle that plays off of whatever weapon you are holding.

The continual cycle timer does not stop for an insta hit, and only hits when you are standing next to your target on the exact tick (quarter second) that it is ready. It also cannot be cycled, this means that you can not use wrestle to make it swing faster, it is consistent with the weapon speed of your weapon in hand.

If you are able to match your insta hit with your continual hit, then you will "double hit" your target. This is a very hard maneuver to pull off, as your timing must be accurate to the quarter second.

Right now, on the surface, UOSA is in line with T2A swing mechanics.

iamreallysquall

Post by iamreallysquall »

is this unintended change always why i am still going out of sync like mad appose to hardly ever previously?
<mistercherry> i bet ide beat yer asss in scrabble
<Atraxi> as soon as i find the noobs i stole from
<Jamison> lelouche your taunts will be your downfall

Psilo

Post by Psilo »

iamreallysquall wrote:is this unintended change always why i am still going out of sync like mad appose to hardly ever previously?
The question is why does this server get such bad sync problems while other servers don't?

My syncing was bad before this change.
Last edited by Psilo on Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Roser »

For clarity.

The function of the swing timer that allowed you to hold double hits in the past, was "pause tabbing". "Pause tabbing" put a pause on your swing timer, so that you could load a double hit, freeze it with tab, then go drop it on someone anytime you wish.

Pause tabbing is not part of the current swing mechanics, therefore you can not hold a double hit.

Also to digress, De-syncing has nothing to do with the swing timer. I am not experiencing any more de-syncing then I normally do. Lelouche, stop trying to reinforce this false notion.

iamreallysquall

Psilo wrote:
iamreallysquall wrote:is this unintended change always why i am still going out of sync like mad appose to hardly ever previously?
The question is why does this server get such bad sync problems while other servers don't?

My syncing was bad before this change.
mines much worst post change before hand it hardly ever happened

Ragancy
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ragancy »

Rose wrote:For clarity.

The function of the swing timer that allowed you to hold double hits in the past, was "pause tabbing". "Pause tabbing" put a pause on your swing timer, so that you could load a double hit, freeze it with tab, then go drop it on someone anytime you wish.

Pause tabbing is not part of the current swing mechanics, therefore you can not hold a double hit.

Also to digress, De-syncing has nothing to do with the swing timer. I am not experiencing any more de-syncing then I normally do. Lelouche, stop trying to reinforce this false notion.
I noticed a lot more de-syncing too.
It's not a false notion.

Blaise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Blaise »

I de-synch maybe once a week, at most.
Hasn't changed since I started here.
Est Sularus oth Mithas

iamreallysquall

Ragancy wrote:
Rose wrote:For clarity.

I noticed a lot more de-syncing too.
It's not a false notion.
thank ragancy apparently rose is once again just in omg keep sotr mindset rather then whats really going on he just pmed me telling me to reset my modem clearly my 30 ping and 0 packet loss is causing my desync issue..... not.

tanmits

Post by tanmits »

My 30 ping 0 packet loss connection has never had a problem with desynching, and that hasn't changed with this patch.
S&S Yew: fully stocked bulk reagents, weapons, armor, explosion traps, and fishing spoils. Also, temporarily carrying POTION KEGS!

iamreallysquall

tanmits wrote:My 30 ping 0 packet loss connection has never had a problem with desynching, and that hasn't changed with this patch.
sorry to say it was not a patch =\ but rather a unintended change related to a bug. Lucky for you situation normal but people are desynching more thats for sure and rather annoying. i hardly ever desynced before this non intended bug once maybe every so often when a lot was going on. now i can be in the middle of the woods and get out of sync while not even casting.

Lady Ivy

Post by Lady Ivy »

iamreallysquall wrote:
tanmits wrote:My 30 ping 0 packet loss connection has never had a problem with desynching, and that hasn't changed with this patch.
sorry to say it was not a patch =\ but rather a unintended change related to a bug. Lucky for you situation normal but people are desynching more thats for sure and rather annoying. i hardly ever desynced before this non intended bug once maybe every so often when a lot was going on. now i can be in the middle of the woods and get out of sync while not even casting.
I've been having the same issue since the unintended change came about. I can't even enjoy SOTR because of the desynching.

Mr.Sinister
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Mr.Sinister »

I play with 100-130 ping on average, and the desynching hasn't noticeably changed for me, either.

Arsen
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Arsen »

no desynching for me 2. maybe once a week...
[22:00:50] <@Dupre> arsen isnt raging, hes jsut german, it just sounds taht way
[22:00:58] <@Dupre> hes actually very calm and gentle
[22:03:54] <@Dupre> arsen is also the best player here

Ulfrigg

Post by Ulfrigg »

No diff in desynch for me neither, maybe you guys have a software problem?