Fishing

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Thesbus

Fishing

Post by Thesbus »

Just a suggestion, and it is completely inaccurate as far as era goes, but fishing...is boring. Could we please implement the fishing nets and kraken just to spice things up a little bit? Once again, not era accurate so feel free to shoot it down, but it would be a change that would really help fishing and fishermen, and I don't see it having a huge effect on the economy, or really anyone elses play style or game enjoyment.

Oh and this may fall in with the T-hunting thread in this same forum, but the loot on sunken chests is absolutely horrid, I don't think i have pulled a weapon better then ruin and they have all been lvl 2 chests but it could be coincidence.

Flash Hardstar
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Fishing

Post by Flash Hardstar »

lol you're worried about that!? attended fishing 95+ is where the real boredom is. I wouldn't want to see the nets and Kraken.. But I would argue the better loot in the chests...
Red wrote:Kill Flash, and I'm going to bet that his loot is worth more than 2k.

Thesbus

Post by Thesbus »

95+ is when i am talking about. I just plowed through it in about 4-5 days 2-4 hours a night, would have been nice if i could have tossed out a net every hour or so just to liven things up. As far as I remember killing net spawns didn't really give you anything except a better chance for more nets and maybe a higher level t-map off the kraken (Down the road i think they added a semi rare rope they could drop not sure though).

Anyways just trying to think of an idea that would make fishing a little more exciting. It's my favorite UO past time besides sitting around the north brit forge with my smith making conversation and repairing people's armor.

Flash Hardstar
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Flash Hardstar »

We could use a smith repairing armor.. problem is thiefs on this shard are out of control and will clean you out =/ Although derrick is working on the stealing issue within murder counts when attacked and such, he negates the fact you CAN'T do what was once a favorite passtime because of an era innacuracy - which is everyone a gm thief stealing what they want and not being guard whacked - ever.
Red wrote:Kill Flash, and I'm going to bet that his loot is worth more than 2k.

Divvet

Post by Divvet »

id like to see this fishing nets thing, would add a bit more to fishing, wont happen tho, not era accurate.