Era Accuracy: Exploits

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Missedsomuch

Era Accuracy: Exploits

Post by Missedsomuch »

Hello.

When i was Osi player in T2A era I used a lot of exploits/tricks and I just noticed that there are exploits from T2A era, that still working here.

For example:

Disguise Kit exploit:

Put ur kit in bank, then open it. The window of kit won't close even when u quit ur bank. So u minimize it and use later without carrying it, and risking item worth 700 gold :lol: . it will disappear only after dead or recall.

There is plenty of other exploits that's possible still working here. It just imposible to find them in web anymore.

Their is good griefing one, i don't remember how to pool it excatly. U can hire NPC and let him kill your character near brit bank. And corpse of your character will be grey (but with guarded suffix e.x corpse of blah [guarded]. it can be looted freely (no sys. msg. stating that looting this corpse will be criminal act), but guards will kill anyone who try to loot and their corpses will be grey and lootable. Just make sure that u had something in backpack worth looting (1k gold or less). And be fast to loot the looters with second account. I managed to do it yesterday, but just once. As i don't clearly remeber how to do it right.

The Q is: Should it be fixed or left? As it's era accurate things, and not major bugs.

Holy Mittens

Re: Era Accuracy: Exploits

Post by Holy Mittens »

Era accuracies, including bugs and exploits, have been left in on purpose. At least a few have been intentionally coded in, as far as I am aware.

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

If that were true, i'd have runes to the inside of every 2 story house in this game.
I would also be able to enter your house via plank of a ship if the house is near the water.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

Pehiko
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Pehiko »

GuardianKnight wrote:If that were true, i'd have runes to the inside of every 2 story house in this game.
I would also be able to enter your house via plank of a ship if the house is near the water.

Remember the T2A house placement bug, if you put a spellbook on the ground and click the house on it you could place a House literally anywhere except on tree. On Europa i had a house on Skara moongate stone. suberb vendor location :) i remember people having house on water or on top of Order guards barrack in the wild. Origin remove the house on water and guard barrack but not the one on land even if they were illegally placed.