Death in Town, Killer is Blue

Topics related to Second Age
verylazyman

Death in Town, Killer is Blue

Post by verylazyman »

New player here unsure of how I died in town, but more importantly how the killer was standing over my looted corpse in attack stance while still blue.

I was making scrolls at a bank and came back to find myself dead and able to report a murder. The murderer was someone standing over my body (not bones) in attack stance, still blue.

I figured I still had time to collect my stuff since he hadn't gone grey from looting and my stuff weighed over 10stone so couldn't have been stolen earlier

But when I came back my stuff was gone.

So what happened?

Light Shade
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Death in Town, Killer is Blue

Post by Light Shade »

verylazyman wrote:New player here unsure of how I died in town, but more importantly how the killer was standing over my looted corpse in attack stance while still blue.

I was making scrolls at a bank and came back to find myself dead and able to report a murder. The murderer was someone standing over my body (not bones) in attack stance, still blue.

I figured I still had time to collect my stuff since he hadn't gone grey from looting and my stuff weighed over 10stone so couldn't have been stolen earlier

But when I came back my stuff was gone.

So what happened?
Basically, they can attack you if they are far enough off screen from an NPC. If no one (NPC's included) calls guards, you're at their mercy. If he was blue, it was probably because his criminal timer was up and he was no longer flagged grey as a criminal.

I belive the criminal timer is only 2 minutes from the last criminal act.

-L/S
[20:08] <@Kaivan> We have a ridable Maahes in Green Acres.
[10:00] <TheBreadman> leeds did a takeover on secondage
[10:00] <@Derrick> hax

Tom: Get bad bro

WiseOne

Post by WiseOne »

Also, someone else could have taken your belongings.
♥ Baaaaaaaaaaam ♠

verylazyman

Post by verylazyman »

I see....

At any rate, this incident helped me refine my macro to never have more than 1 scroll on my character while inscribing :D

LudKrud

Post by LudKrud »

Thats what I like to hear,learn from your experience instead of cry about it......

Border Patrol

Post by Border Patrol »

Put an "if conditional" hit points < (whatever lvl of hp means someone attacked you) say "guards" into your macro

that way if somebody attacks you they get guard whacked. An experienced town pot bomber can still get you though.

iamreallysquall

Post by iamreallysquall »

Border Patrol wrote:Put an "if conditional" hit points < (whatever lvl of hp means someone attacked you) say "guards" into your macro

that way if somebody attacks you they get guard whacked. An experienced town pot bomber can still get you though.
spaming guards in town can get you squelched just saying ;0 a macro like this that constantly spams. and it does nothing really can still die various ways with little hindrance if any at all to the attacker
<mistercherry> i bet ide beat yer asss in scrabble
<Atraxi> as soon as i find the noobs i stole from
<Jamison> lelouche your taunts will be your downfall

Border Patrol

Post by Border Patrol »

iamreallysquall wrote:
Border Patrol wrote:Put an "if conditional" hit points < (whatever lvl of hp means someone attacked you) say "guards" into your macro

spaming guards in town can get you squelched just saying ;0 a macro like this that constantly spams. and it does nothing really can still die various ways with little hindrance if any at all to the attacker
it doesn't spam. it only says it whe hp is lost. hence the if conditional part

WiseOne

Post by WiseOne »

What happens if I open a GM trapped box standing next to player macroing in town?
♥ Baaaaaaaaaaam ♠

Border Patrol

Post by Border Patrol »

IDK but I know if "you" use telekinisis on it and someone is standing nearby it does nothing to them but it can damage you. I "think" opening one works the same way but could be wrong.

Light Shade
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Light Shade »

WiseOne wrote:What happens if I open a GM trapped box standing next to player macroing in town?
You die. They are fine.
[20:08] <@Kaivan> We have a ridable Maahes in Green Acres.
[10:00] <TheBreadman> leeds did a takeover on secondage
[10:00] <@Derrick> hax

Tom: Get bad bro

iamreallysquall

Post by iamreallysquall »

Border Patrol wrote:
iamreallysquall wrote:

it doesn't spam. it only says it whe hp is lost. hence the if conditional part

yes it does spam once you take damage so say i damage you to 1/100 hp it will spam the entire duration it takes you to passively tick back up to 100
<mistercherry> i bet ide beat yer asss in scrabble
<Atraxi> as soon as i find the noobs i stole from
<Jamison> lelouche your taunts will be your downfall

Border Patrol

Post by Border Patrol »

Dude he is running an inscription macro. Wait time is going to be around 10 secs or so. If it says guards every 10secs at the end of his macro until HP recovers he won't be squelched.

He also most likely has med in there too. Which will add to the time.

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hicha »

If someone wants you dead and you're afk macroing, you're going to die regardless of how fancy of a macro you think you have. Doesn't matter how fast or as many times as you want to spam guards, you are going to die. My biggest pet peeve is people who spam guards, and I will go out of my way to prove their intentions are futile.

Best bet is to be quiet and minimize your appeal to thieves and PKs.
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

Light Shade wrote:Basically, they can attack you if they are far enough off screen from an NPC. If no one (NPC's included) calls guards, you're at their mercy. If he was blue, it was probably because his criminal timer was up and he was no longer flagged grey as a criminal.

I belive the criminal timer is only 2 minutes from the last criminal act.

-L/S
I know this is a legitimate method of town killing, but has anyone ever actually checked if this is accurate? Reason I ask is that it is how it works with default RunUO, which casts doubt in my mind whether this has ever actually been checked.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE