Super laggy

IcarusII

Super laggy

Post by IcarusII »

I just got this to start playing again, and the game seems incredibly laggy. Right from the beginning after i launch the game through razor everything just seems to hang. Im running a machine with winXP if that helps.

Does anybody else have this problem or know how to fix it?

Derrick

Re: Super laggy

Post by Derrick »

I've heard this before but don't know what can be done to fix.

In the past I've suggested checking the color depth of the desktop, mine is at 32 bit color

Not sure if it would be video driver related or network. If you have any bit-torrent clients or any other P2P software running might try turning them off.

There are also some graphics optimizations in the client options, <ALT>O.
I know it doesn't seem like modern computers could possibly have rendering problems with the UO client, but the engine in this game is extremely antique.

IcarusII

Post by IcarusII »

The game itself seems to run fine, but it looks like it might be a network problem. When i finally do get into the game, it runs smooth, but everything is delayed and takes forever to register.

I am not running any torrents or have anything else running at this time. Is there anything known that could cause me to have such a bad connection?

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Try a different network cable?

IcarusII

Post by IcarusII »

No that doesnt do it. All my other online games run fine, its like i cant get a good connection to the server. If i do get into the game, i will eventually just lose the connection anyways.

fatum

Post by fatum »

I have got the same problems. Lagz are growing, if there are players on the screen. Sometimes, it takes a 3-5 seconds pause after 3-5 seconds of playing.

Also, no problems with other games/connections

Client is 4.x.x and location - Latvia, Riga