UO is about ingenuity

Topics related to Second Age
son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!
Location: I put an r in it http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Player/67484

Re: UO is about ingenuity

Post by son »

The dmg delay of FS causes the EQ death possibility. So the boat solution is the only way. But for regular characters a small should be fine.

I don't understand why the LOS thing would not affect small houses.
rdash wrote:BLACKFOOT STAY AWAY FROM MY FRIENDS OR MEET A BLADE OF VANQUISH AND ADDITIONAL TACTICS

Blaise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Blaise »

son wrote:The dmg delay of FS causes the EQ death possibility. So the boat solution is the only way. But for regular characters a small should be fine.

I don't understand why the LOS thing would not affect small houses.
Foundation type.
Est Sularus oth Mithas

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

If you die to the old "earthquake them until they kill themselves" trick, you fail at macroing anyway.

ZombieFever

Post by ZombieFever »

Not sure if its been said yet but maybe, just maybe......don't spend the majority of your play time AFK?

blister

Post by blister »

I guess if you check your health before you target yourself with your FS you should be able to avoid getting killed while macroing?

As for the small damage delay on spells I guess you can always have a part of your macro check if someone is attacking you and if so auto log out. They would have to be really lucky to time their EQ perfectly with the short dmg delay.

son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by son »

Again, its cause by the FS damage delay, not the HP check.
rdash wrote:BLACKFOOT STAY AWAY FROM MY FRIENDS OR MEET A BLADE OF VANQUISH AND ADDITIONAL TACTICS

Brules

Post by Brules »

Rose wrote:I've already solved this problem for myself. I am someone who has 4 tower's and I use them alot! So my solution is to never go AFK in any of my towers, instead, I simply place a small house nearby and use that to go afk in.

A few nights ago, I was in my tower attended, and about 9 or 10 GY pvp'ers came by to have a visit. They could not figure out how to use this bug properly much less coordinate an effort to kill me with it. If they did possess those skills, I would have simply done one of the following...

Precast Greater Heal and constantly move around the tower. This will allow you to dodge most AOE attacks that may be coming your way. Once the attackers have decided they have wasted enough regs, they will probably move on.

Secondly, you can simply recall out.

Thirdly, you can simply log out.

Lastly, keep 6 or 7 small animals locked down in your house. when you come under siege from LOS attackers, simply stand near your animals. This will cause you to only take a small fraction of the total damage from the AOE spell cast. (This works on the mechanic that AOE spells such as Chain Lightning do reduced damage when cast on multiple targets)

Or you could be like LightShade, throw a hissy fit and quit the shard and poop yourself.
Rose the issue is, this exploit did not exist in era. No one knew of it, used, exploited it, griefed with it or killed with it. By introducing and allowing it, UOSA is now no longer accurate to the era due to a simple line of code that was in the 98 Beta disc and exists on live OSI shards today. No other verification of it existing, being used or abused in era exist. I play here as this is the closest thing to era recreation in 1999 as there ever was.

Until now. Now with this LoS code in place, the server no longer replicates 1999.

Having been heavily involved with JoV, WTFman.com, Dr Twister etc during the era, I can pretty much guarentee you, everyone would have known if this existed. Dr T would have blasted this one all over the net and people would have been dying by the thousands daily on OSI live shards lol.

So it has altered the game in a fundamental way by making houses, that were completely safe in era, no longer safe. To make it where a small house is safer than a keep or castle or tower, is fundamentally wrong and inaccurate, yet is supposedly "code" accurate.

Some of us have an issue with that, as in this case, mechanical "code" accuracy has trumped true "Era Accuracy".

If there was any supporting evidence as is usually required such as screen shots of people exploiting it, dev blogs, chat logs, newsgroup discussions, I would shut up and take it......yet......none of that exists. I find it a tough pill to swallow when there is no water to help it go down.

Chriswithatemper
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Chriswithatemper »

Brules wrote:
Rose wrote:I've already solved this problem for myself. I am someone who has 4 tower's and I use them alot! So my solution is to never go AFK in any of my towers, instead, I simply place a small house nearby and use that to go afk in.

A few nights ago, I was in my tower attended, and about 9 or 10 GY pvp'ers came by to have a visit. They could not figure out how to use this bug properly much less coordinate an effort to kill me with it. If they did possess those skills, I would have simply done one of the following...

Precast Greater Heal and constantly move around the tower. This will allow you to dodge most AOE attacks that may be coming your way. Once the attackers have decided they have wasted enough regs, they will probably move on.

Secondly, you can simply recall out.

Thirdly, you can simply log out.

Lastly, keep 6 or 7 small animals locked down in your house. when you come under siege from LOS attackers, simply stand near your animals. This will cause you to only take a small fraction of the total damage from the AOE spell cast. (This works on the mechanic that AOE spells such as Chain Lightning do reduced damage when cast on multiple targets)

Or you could be like LightShade, throw a hissy fit and quit the shard and poop yourself.
Rose the issue is, this exploit did not exist in era. No one knew of it, used, exploited it, griefed with it or killed with it. By introducing and allowing it, UOSA is now no longer accurate to the era due to a simple line of code that was in the 98 Beta disc and exists on live OSI shards today. No other verification of it existing, being used or abused in era exist. I play here as this is the closest thing to era recreation in 1999 as there ever was.

Until now. Now with this LoS code in place, the server no longer replicates 1999.

Having been heavily involved with JoV, WTFman.com, Dr Twister etc during the era, I can pretty much guarentee you, everyone would have known if this existed. Dr T would have blasted this one all over the net and people would have been dying by the thousands daily on OSI live shards lol.

So it has altered the game in a fundamental way by making houses, that were completely safe in era, no longer safe. To make it where a small house is safer than a keep or castle or tower, is fundamentally wrong and inaccurate, yet is supposedly "code" accurate.

Some of us have an issue with that, as in this case, mechanical "code" accuracy has trumped true "Era Accuracy".

If there was any supporting evidence as is usually required such as screen shots of people exploiting it, dev blogs, chat logs, newsgroup discussions, I would shut up and take it......yet......none of that exists. I find it a tough pill to swallow when there is no water to help it go down.
This thread is about ingenuity, Not crying. Please take your tears elsewhere.
I'm sorry if I'm less than sympathetic but its worn out it's welcome.

chumbucket
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by chumbucket »

Someone should post a guide for avoiding the LOS deaths. I need to remacro up my dead tinker!

son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by son »

Nerd can you read, go buy some boats.

chumbucket
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by chumbucket »

son wrote:Nerd can you read, go buy some boats.
I mean a good guide.

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

MatronDeWinter wrote:If you die to the old "earthquake them until they kill themselves" trick, you fail at macroing anyway.
This is not true. Unless you can make a macro which has a random timer in it (which razor can't), it's very possible for multiple players to time an earthquake to hit during your damage delay, killing you.

Anyone would be foolish to macro up mage/resist on their stat, using anything other than a boat blockade or 100% secure castle.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

[Uhh] Eo
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by [Uhh] Eo »

Besides a boat blockade.. for stats..:

Add a long pause before targeting your flame strike
Copy the macro 5 times into itself
Adjust the long pauses to all be random (5, 16, 8, 3, 18)

Not impossible to kill but would make it much harder. The greifers would have to time your pauses, then figure out how many different timers you use, then calculate what timer you're on and time their EQ perfectly with a stop watch. Of course, this would add significant time to ur macro.
nightshark wrote:Can PINK BOOTS ever be killed? Many think he's invulnerable, including myself.
SirPsychoSexy wrote:Being PKed awhile back on my bard by PINK BOOTS was one of the greatest honors I've had during my time here on UOSA.

son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by son »

Chum should be able to macro inside a small without worry. The only worries come from causing damage to yourself inside of it. Am I wrong? So gaining resist or sparring and horse breaking tame.

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

son wrote:Chum should be able to macro inside a small without worry. The only worries come from causing damage to yourself inside of it. Am I wrong? So gaining resist or sparring and horse breaking tame.
Yeah, anything that doesn't damage yourself has no worry at all.
[Uhh] Eo wrote:Besides a boat blockade.. for stats..:

Add a long pause before targeting your flame strike
Copy the macro 5 times into itself
Adjust the long pauses to all be random (5, 16, 8, 3, 18)

Not impossible to kill but would make it much harder. The greifers would have to time your pauses, then figure out how many different timers you use, then calculate what timer you're on and time their EQ perfectly with a stop watch. Of course, this would add significant time to ur macro.
Sounds like something Malice would do
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE