Hah. just died to my own EV... apparently, they're fast...

Topics related to Second Age
Wrongway

Hah. just died to my own EV... apparently, they're fast...

Post by Wrongway »

Wow. EV's are interesting!

Do they not target monsters?

I was doing a T-map and it spawned an Ogre-lord. Two different times I tried casting EV and it ran right past the OL after me. I couldnt even provo it on the OL.

Are EV's basically useless here? Even with me being hidden and EV 2 tiles away from OL it wouldnt aggro???

Im pretty new. Thanks for the help.

Pirul

Re: Hah. just died to my own EV... apparently, they're fast

Post by Pirul »

EV's and BS's have a very peculiar AI which has been determined to be era accurate. If they are not cast on the tile adjacent to the monster, it will target the closest player (not sure if it's a mix between distance and INT for EV's and distance and STR for BS).

In any case, you need to land the EV on the tile adjacent to the Ogre Lord, OR cast it a couple of tiles off, and knowing it will target you, "kite it" in order for it to bump the OL and engange.

EV's are not provokable, but BS are.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Wrongway

Post by Wrongway »

Pirul wrote:EV's and BS's have a very peculiar AI which has been determined to be era accurate. If they are not cast on the tile adjacent to the monster, it will target the closest player (not sure if it's a mix between distance and INT for EV's and distance and STR for BS).

In any case, you need to land the EV on the tile adjacent to the Ogre Lord, OR cast it a couple of tiles off, and knowing it will target you, "kite it" in order for it to bump the OL and engange.

EV's are not provokable, but BS are.
Thanks, I was fairly sure i targeted the adjacent tile, but I guess Ill try it again (or at least be on a mount this time! hah)

I stood there hidden (tabbed out) for an entire EV summons and it and the OL just wondered around each other never aggro'ing even though they clearly were passing each other on adjacent tiles.

The Blade seemed to target easier, but when i cast a 2nd the first one disappeared. Is this also the correct mechanic? (As 1 blade on an OL seemed worthless)

tekai
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by tekai »

If you miss casting the adjacent tile, you can cast invis, and drag it next to the monster you want to kill and then invis yourself. I've found it works really well.
[broken image]

blister

Post by blister »

if I'm not mistaken EV will go for the target with most INT. In the case of a OL they are just plain stupid so I remember EV sitting next to them doing nothing.. not sure if it worked like that in this ERA or not though.

On the other side BS goes for the target with most STR so it will head straight to your OL.

I could be wrong too as I don't remember if it worked like this back in T2A.

Apocalypse

Post by Apocalypse »

Pirul wrote:EV's are not provokable, but BS are.
Did this change recently? I used to farm blood elems with my bard and would simply provoke my EV on the elem if I happened to miss the adjacent tile. Never seemed to have an issue with it.

jimm1432

Post by jimm1432 »

Apocalypse wrote:
Pirul wrote:EV's are not provokable, but BS are.
Did this change recently? I used to farm blood elems with my bard and would simply provoke my EV on the elem if I happened to miss the adjacent tile. Never seemed to have an issue with it.
summons say something along the lines of ''you have no chance of provoking this creature''

tamed pets ''the creature is too loyal to it's master''

but i'm sure you can provk your OL/BE etc onto the EV/BS and that works.

I think people are right with the int/str thing, that how I remember it and I don't seem to have trouble casting EV on dragons/WW etc and use I BS for anything non-magical.

so many times have i thrown a EV into the middle of a spawn for it to ignore 10 mobs around it to target me.

just pre cast dispell and be ready to kill the bugger. Ive yet to die to my own EV but ive come soooo close.

Grim_Fandango

Post by Grim_Fandango »

blister wrote:if I'm not mistaken EV will go for the target with most INT. In the case of a OL they are just plain stupid so I remember EV sitting next to them doing nothing.. not sure if it worked like that in this ERA or not though.

On the other side BS goes for the target with most STR so it will head straight to your OL.

I could be wrong too as I don't remember if it worked like this back in T2A.
I believe that is correct.