Event times

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
venox

Event times

Post by venox »

i suggest to remove the event schedual and replace it with random event times.
still keep the same number of events per day, thus have more on the more popular days, like it is now...
but i feel this would give the server a more rounded distribution to events.
so what if events are'nt super full on low peak. at least then us low peak players have as much chance as participating in such things.

comments?

Hoots
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Event times

Post by Hoots »

venox wrote:i suggest to remove the event schedual and replace it with random event times.
still keep the same number of events per day, thus have more on the more popular days, like it is now...
but i feel this would give the server a more rounded distribution to events.
so what if events are'nt super full on low peak. at least then us low peak players have as much chance as participating in such things.

comments?
I'm not a big event guy but i would think there should be an event schedule posted... SOme people log in just to play events so the schedule gives them something to plan around...

regardless of agreeing if logging in just to play events is right or wrong, im sure people infact do that.

Jaster

Post by Jaster »

Hoots wrote:
I'm not a big event guy but i would think there should be an event schedule posted... SOme people log in just to play events so the schedule gives them something to plan around...

regardless of agreeing if logging in just to play events is right or wrong, im sure people infact do that.
Thats something I'd like to see the shard not have tbh ...

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ronk »

Jaster wrote:
Hoots wrote:

Thats something I'd like to see the shard not have tbh ...
Ditto. I am for this idea. There is no reason to announce these events in advance. The events should be here to reward those who are actively playing on the shard....not reward people who want to log in once a week to grab a trophy.

To balance out the removal of the 'in advance acknowledgment' the events could have a longer 'notice' time before starting. Maybe an hour.
------------------
The Bloodrock Orcs - http://www.bloodrock.org
Historic Bloodrock

venox

Post by venox »

yea, you could still keep the in game announcments.

but players would only know when the next event is occuring. not the entire week.
myself primarilly been an off peak player, feel that its directed very much at peak times. and what i suggest i feel would cater for all players.

i dont need to play events all the time, but i do enjoy the occational one.

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

i log in for events when im at work. if i only have 5-10 minutes to play id like to spend it on an activity with lots of players.
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

Jaster

Post by Jaster »

I think there should be very few events. They should be an extra added thing to do, not the only thing to do. There should be no events schedule, but I do feel that their should be CTF's throughout the day. Ideally, I believe a total of 14 CTF's a week [being the only event automated] would be fine. 2 random CTF's throughout the day. If the GM's want to schedule another or a tourney, they can do that themselves, but we have to many players that check the events schedule and only actually play [not macro or afk] during those times.

HamburgerPimp

Post by HamburgerPimp »

Maybe a compromise and have a randomized weekly event schedule posted at the beginning of every week? I have to agree that the people who log on solely for events are lame, but it still would be nice to know ahead of time.

Jaster

Post by Jaster »

Knowing ahead of time can only make players wait for this to happen instead of just playing the game. If it is a "secret" when they will open, the players that will be able to participate will be the active ones, which should be the ones that are rewarded with the extra fun.

I find myself doing it sometimes, but many people log into IRC and the first thing you see is ... "!Events" ... checking to see when the next event is scheduled for them to participate in.

UnknownLord

Post by UnknownLord »

Remove event timers. Remove irc. = more people play instead of house hiding while talking shit until a event starts. These 2 things will never happen though so close thread.
-D- Dreadlord XII