Hythloth Spawns and also avatar isle

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
HardActToFollow

Hythloth Spawns and also avatar isle

Post by HardActToFollow »

I remember that lvl1 of Hythloth had many more orcs/ettin and also hellhounds on the first level, not slimes and serpents. In fact I dont remember slimes at all in Hythloth.

From what I remember it was

lvl1 - orc / orcmage / orc capt / orc lord / ettin / hellhound / maybe some giant rats
lvl2 - orc / orcmage / orc capt / orc lord / ettin / hellhound / gargoyles / maybe gazers
not sure about lvl3 or lvl4 never could make it this far.

also there is a problem with the spawner in hythloth, some of the monsters are spawning in the walls. Thanks for fixing the orc fort btw!

Also on the island, where there ever that many great serpents on it? Maybe one or two but I mostly remember lots of animals and such, not silver freakin serpents everywhere.

Fwerp
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Hythloth Spawns and also avatar isle

Post by Fwerp »

The spawn may be messed up, but there were always slimes in Hythloth, and there were always monster spawned in the walls.

Ezp
Second Age Staff
Second Age Staff

Post by Ezp »

HardActToFollow wrote:I remember that lvl1 of Hythloth had many more orcs/ettin and also hellhounds on the first level, not slimes and serpents. In fact I dont remember slimes at all in Hythloth.

From what I remember it was

lvl1 - orc / orcmage / orc capt / orc lord / ettin / hellhound / maybe some giant rats
lvl2 - orc / orcmage / orc capt / orc lord / ettin / hellhound / gargoyles / maybe gazers
not sure about lvl3 or lvl4 never could make it this far.

also there is a problem with the spawner in hythloth, some of the monsters are spawning in the walls. Thanks for fixing the orc fort btw!

Also on the island, where there ever that many great serpents on it? Maybe one or two but I mostly remember lots of animals and such, not silver freakin serpents everywhere.
There were never Gazers in Hythloth during t2a, and stuff spawned behind the walls during this era all the time. I was considering adding Hellhounds on level one when I was creating the spawns. It would be nice to see pplz opinions on this matter. I have screens that show slimes in Hythloth LVL 4, so they did spawn in Hythloth. Would be nice if I had evidence of Hell Hounds on LVL 1. I searched on the web for a good 2-3 hours looking for evidence and couldn't find any to support or disprove they didn't.
The serpent question i out of my control due to the current spawning system we have. It's on a region spawner, I do remember there were quite a few but maybe not as much as there is now. Alot of the region spawners are way wrong and I wish I had control over them but I don't. I'de correct alot of the world spawns if so.

HardActToFollow

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl= ... n%26sa%3DN

Its a long link but it shows hellhounds and lots of orc and ettin on lvl1. You can notice the "jail" over to the right and that dead end room. Plus hythloth did spawn way more monsters than there are now currently, as I remember fighting like 4 orcs and a hellhound around every corner it seemed.

actually if you click through the "arrows" both back and forth you can get an idea of alot of hythloth lvl1 and also the ice island. It seems there were slimes and serpents but I do know that you would run across 6-8 orcs/ettin per serpent/slime.

I am not trying to make the dungeon harder or anything, I am just trying to be helpful on how I remember my favorite dungeon :P . Thanks for all the hard work.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

In the paperdoll on that screenshot, to the right of the avatar is a strange book instead of a scroll. What era is that?

HardActToFollow

Cannot remember, I never used it. I dont think it was your Runebook was it?

Flash Hardstar
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Flash Hardstar »

Derrick wrote:In the paperdoll on that screenshot, to the right of the avatar is a strange book instead of a scroll. What era is that?
I was thinking the same thing, i've NEVER seen that ever, and why is the screenshot so cropped?
Red wrote:Kill Flash, and I'm going to bet that his loot is worth more than 2k.

ecetres
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by ecetres »

That book kinda looks like the new paldin stuff that osi has implemented. Like there book of special moves. (yes I tried osi again after shadow whatever came out and they gave you the 14 retrial.)
Guerrilla wrote:
i know i cry alot.... its only because i suck, and I'm going to uninstall UO as you read this

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

Looking at the screenshots the pictures from 1 to 74 look to be from pre-T2A on until mid-T2A with the introduction of the 800x600 client that gave you the black working area that we are all so familiar with. From picture 75 on up, the pictures seem to span the rest of T2A and move into UOR until at least 2001 (the whole XP screen and everything). The interesting thing is that many of the pictures show various pieces of functionality from different time frames and is definitely worth a looking at.
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org

TheEttinKing

Post by TheEttinKing »

Kaivan wrote:Looking at the screenshots the pictures from 1 to 74 look to be from pre-T2A on until mid-T2A with the introduction of the 800x600 client that gave you the black working area that we are all so familiar with. From picture 75 on up, the pictures seem to span the rest of T2A and move into UOR until at least 2001 (the whole XP screen and everything). The interesting thing is that many of the pictures show various pieces of functionality from different time frames and is definitely worth a looking at.
Yeah i like the picture of the lich lord room showing more then 2 lich corpses there's 3 dead ones on the floor plus the ev is fighting a lord.

Jed Clampett on drugs story By the EttinKing.

Let me tell ya story bout a man named Jed poor man barley kept his family feed then one day he was smoking on a joint and zedd hit him with his truck...Twice.

Ezp
Second Age Staff
Second Age Staff

Post by Ezp »

The pic is from pre-t2a dread days, although I have come to the conclusion that I will indeed spawn hell hounds on LVL 1 before I seen this. I have literally searched at least 6 hours for proof and have not found any to support or disprove it. I recall hell hounds there but I really don't like going on memory alone. I've asked several ppl and they've said they remember them there. You will start to see them spawning at some point in the near future.

0range

Post by 0range »

I recall there being hellhounds in L1 Hyloth pre-t2a through UOR at least.