Ice White Hair

Topics related to Second Age
Mens Rea
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Ice White Hair

Post by Mens Rea »

oliVeR wrote:he ended up duping and selling so much gold on ebay he bought his first car when he was 16 from it. he made $3200. im sure the IRS never heard a peep of it haha. On that subject I can agree with your opinion here I do not think neon hair / ice white hair represents this era.
When I was about 14 I was making $1000s via UO. This was when US$0.39 was exchanged for NZ$1. I never duped, but the economy was so screwed that peope were just buying up whatever items they could get with gold (I looted ALOT of shit from ALOT of places/people). The price of gold on Ebay did not drop quickly enough, so there I was, 14 years old and making $1000s of dollars for very little work. Ha ha ha. Love it.

Ice white hair spits in the face of this memory.

Dashiva

Post by Dashiva »

I hope that everyone realizes that there were indeed two pretty damn white shades from the clean up brit hair dye. Neither were 'neon' white, but they were pretty damn white.

Once the hair change deeds came out, I used the bug to make me bald, then back to long hair resetting me to a unique off-white.
Korlan (Dexxer) | Dashiva (Tamer)
Dashiva from Napa Valley

ScoobyDoO

Post by ScoobyDoO »

soz whenz arez wez addingz neon blaze hair dyez ? +10 str also foo lookin ouuubberr

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Dashiva wrote:Once the hair change deeds came out, I used the bug to make me bald, then back to long hair resetting me to a unique off-white.
Aye, this does work. It's not ice white, but a nice white none the less.

alatar

Post by alatar »

the "ice white" everyone is referring to was most certainly around during T2A, its just VERY few people used their tickets to get neon hair.. the neon hair bottle gump is the exact same as the vendor gump for 500k..
#1 PK Guild on T2A
ironfistmax wrote:Alatar is one of the best PvPers I have known. I have played UO since 1998 and every free shard known to man. It's not questionable whether he is good or not.
Hemperor wrote:Alatar is a douche bag but at least he and cr3w would fight everyone.

XaN

Post by XaN »

I know this is a dead thread, and I should just stop. I do however have one more thing to add, and it should really be taken into account especially since you go for era accuracy..

Runebooks... im disgusted that these were brought in. Honestly, this is the demise of UO right here, RUNEBOOKS! LOSE EM! ^^

Sorry mens, you did win this argument... but do you see how stupid a statement like that can be? :)

Im dwelling... I really only came here because this was my most active post and I totally forgot the argument.

This is XaN, signing off. Have a nice day, peace yo and all that slang shit that you slang people say.
NO! nooooOO! ....Hot, hot!

Jadow Valroth

Post by Jadow Valroth »

This is your most recent post, which you dug up from.. MONTHS, ago. Also, it's completly off subject. Also, the subject your bringing up, runebooks, has already been discussed/is still being discussed in the appropriate thread. You might try actually catching up on what's been said in the last 5 months, or taking two seconds to read the thread you were replying in.
Im dwelling... I really only came here because this was my most active post and I totally forgot the argument.
Well, I think the argument in a nutshell was pretty clear in the subject line, Ice White Hair. If you can be bothered to dig up a post from 5 months ago, why not actually read it, or see if the point your trying to argue isn't already being discussed else where?

I'll answer your question here though, so maybe it'll keep you from spamming any other 5 month old threads.

Runebooks are in, their not blessed. They keep item count alot lower than what it would be, and make rune librarys easier to create. Rather than stacks of runes piled mile high, you have far less rune books. And far less item count.

There you have it.

Kamora
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kamora »

Derrick wrote:Wow, looks like I arrived at this party a lil late.

I'm wasn't aware that the colors on our special hair dye weren't accurate. I'll remove the inaccurate hues but I won't change existing colors for people that have already obtained them.

http://uo.stratics.com/content/misc/hairdye.shtml
Also known as neon hair dye this first came around from the "Clean Up Britannia" ticket system back in '99 and was brought in towards the end of 2000 as a gold sink. However in the new Bright Hair Dye you can now also have Ice White hair
There was an exploit or bug which allowed us to get pure white hair. It wasn't bright/ice hair, but was a noticeably normal white color. It involved using two hair restyle deeds.

---oops, never mind, i just read more and saw someone already posted this :)

Xarx

Post by Xarx »

I had ice white hair in t2a, it is accurate.

-xarx

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

It wasn't a color of the special hair dye though.

XaN

Post by XaN »

Wow.
NO! nooooOO! ....Hot, hot!

Faust

Post by Faust »

Kamora wrote: There was an exploit or bug which allowed us to get pure white hair. It wasn't bright/ice hair, but was a noticeably normal white color. It involved using two hair restyle deeds.
I wouldn't really consider this an exploit. Hair is an item just like any other item created in game. Mostly all items are created with the default 0x00 hue(color) of the item with exception to colored ore items. This is the default color for all items. The default color of hair items is the "realistic" white hue. It is quite similar to the white death robes. That is the standard 0x00 hue for them as well. Disguise kits use the same structure for the generic hair color. The neon bright white(white wyrm color) never existed for a possible hair color until way after UOR around the time they introduced those npc's that would dye the hair.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

The method Kamora mentioned does work here.

Here's the info on Special vs Britght hair dye from http://uo.stratics.com/content/misc/hairdye.shtml:
Bright Hair Dye (500,000gp)

Also known as neon hair dye this first came around from the "Clean Up Britannia" ticket system back in '99 and was brought in towards the end of 2000 as a gold sink. However in the new Bright Hair Dye you can now also have Ice White hair. Again like the normal hair dye the basic colors are to the left and the different shades are to the right. This dye can be VERY bright and perfect for making yourself stand out. The colors available are Purple, Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Light Green, Blue and Ice White:

fooka03
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by fooka03 »

Era gump for the neon dye.

I see no white in there, but 'Light' is there, not sure what options would be in that category but probably your greys and whites.
[$$$] Syndicate of Successful Salesmen
Cash, The Drunken Smith
GM Miner, Tinker, Smith, Carpenter, Tailor