Online players search - pks etc.

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Xukluk Tuguznal

Re: Online players search - pks etc.

Post by Xukluk Tuguznal »

I'd have to oppose the accuracy arguement. It's an out of game feature even if it does dictate a few in game actions by some. It has nothing to do with in game mechanics so Acc shouldn't even be on the check list regarding it.
Tforc YM wrote: if you are over 24 though do not apply because i dont like nerdy people who dont get there lifes past uo. also if you do not have a microphone or vent then i can not make you into a good player, sorry , dont apply.

Hernando_Kortez

Post by Hernando_Kortez »

I think the shard already offers enough ways to be cowardly without having another out of game mechanic allowing more cowardice....

Deadiam

Post by Deadiam »

I honestly enjoy this feature, I do not use UOAM, after playing game so long you have terrain and towns memorized. I like to use this to see who in my guild is online.

RoadKill
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by RoadKill »

Deadiam wrote:I honestly enjoy this feature, I do not use UOAM, after playing game so long you have terrain and towns memorized. I like to use this to see who in my guild is online.
You could just do \HEY GUYS WHO'S ON?!?!

:D
Lake Superior 1997-2002, UOSA 2008-Present
I no longer use this account, if you need to reach me, message my new account, Boomland Jenkins

Teknix
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Teknix »

Hoots wrote:i like the system just the way it is.

My 2 cents.

-Hoots

agreed

the online player search already exists. i used this when i was noob and would check on blues i would run into on the field. I'd look at their lifetime murders and then decide on if they were nice or not.
chumbucket wrote:
GomerPyle wrote:chum RPs a thief
Roleplays?!?

Flash Hardstar
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Flash Hardstar »

venox wrote:i oppose this.
i check online status to see if there are people id like to catch up with online. not if there are people i dont...

I agree, so many people macro anyway you neverknow if they'r eout hunting or not.
Red wrote:Kill Flash, and I'm going to bet that his loot is worth more than 2k.

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

i love the feature, i also use it to find friends online
but at the same time players should be allowed to hide their status

have new characters automatically show up on the list until they have an ingame command to remove themselves

that way most players will stay up on the list

edit: osi had a similar feature to myuosa. You could go and check players skills online. It was an important way to tell if alchemists etc. were GM, did they not have online status as well? i think they did, green dot or red dot?
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

RoadKill
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by RoadKill »

BlackFoot wrote: edit: osi had a similar feature to myuosa. You could go and check players skills online. It was an important way to tell if alchemists etc. were GM, did they not have online status as well? i think they did, green dot or red dot?
Skill graphics got a "crown" on it if they were GM in a skill. You could see anyone's "top 3 skills" but they'd have to go public to show off their full character's skills, stats, and murder counts. Online status wasn't involved, an example can be found by visiting the following link and clicking on a guild, then a character.

http://town.uo.com/guilds/
Lake Superior 1997-2002, UOSA 2008-Present
I no longer use this account, if you need to reach me, message my new account, Boomland Jenkins

Stranger

Post by Stranger »

My one complaint with the [online system has always been that you cannot hide your online status. There are just some days I like to play UO without being bothered by people. If there were a way to hide your online status, I think this is a great ideal.
[01:12:32] <Nevermore> Stranger you are the reason I hate christmas
[01:12:36] <Nevermore> You specifically
[01:12:44] <Nevermore> Every year? Christmas sucks. Because of Stranger

Flash Hardstar
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Flash Hardstar »

I feel like this feature is taken out of context here... I don't think people use it maliciously, and even so if they knew you were online.. UO is a big world. Leave it be, it's harmless.

Also, if it were an effect of gameplay issue, I agree to disagree with Blackfoot, it shuld be the older players who can't hide their status. New players who've been pk'ed a few times may not want to go hunting if a certain PK is online... older players shouldn't care.
Red wrote:Kill Flash, and I'm going to bet that his loot is worth more than 2k.

malice-tg
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by malice-tg »

LOL

chewy

wait your serious? :P

son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!
Location: I put an r in it http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Player/67484

Post by son »

Not sure this merits another thread, so ill put it here. Can we have two separate counters in the online list, one that shows current murders and the current one which shows all time murders?
rdash wrote:BLACKFOOT STAY AWAY FROM MY FRIENDS OR MEET A BLADE OF VANQUISH AND ADDITIONAL TACTICS

Severity

Post by Severity »

I vote to keep it. It's a nice feature and I don't think it really has a great effect on gameplay.

Dick Cheney

Post by Dick Cheney »

Derrick wrote:I think it might be reasonable however for people to hide online status if they choose to, but I'd really like to hear what everyone thinks of this.
I think it should be hidden for private characters. Down with big brother!