All names

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Dreadnaught

All names

Post by Dreadnaught »

Not sure when this was implemented or if its client side and cant be removed, but I know during the start of t2a there was no all names. Thats why a ton of people had tracking. Made things interesting and more scary. You never k new when a pk was coming until he was on your screen.

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: All names

Post by Kaivan »

The all names macro exists in the Demo which was compiled before T2A came out. Thus it existed for the duration of T2A. Perhaps you are thinking of the option for 'Show names of approaching players' that's in the options menu. While that particular option didn't exist when T2A came out, it was introduced in-era as a client side feature. Since it it both T2A accurate, and a client side feature, there isn't much that can be done about it within the scope of accuracy.
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org

Faust

Post by Faust »

UO Extreme had the incoming all names feature too.

RoadKill
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by RoadKill »

All Names was added back during the old Notoriety system. I do remember back when you had to actually click on everyone to see who they were, made avoiding PKs a bit harder
Lake Superior 1997-2002, UOSA 2008-Present
I no longer use this account, if you need to reach me, message my new account, Boomland Jenkins