Some updates ive found

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Slimeball Jasper

Some updates ive found

Post by Slimeball Jasper »

Here are some updates Ive found that I think are good additions to the era. Weeee!
These were all implemented before the UO:R Launch.

-----

"All house deeds (redeeded, bought, existing, new, whatever) will remain with the ghost when you die, and will not be stealable. "

as per http://update.uo.com/design_22.html

-----

Young system was introduced in 1999

And Companion System
"Companion System
Player volunteers called "Companions" are available for new players. When a player from a new account logs on for the first time, a Companion will be paged to welcome them."

as per http://update.uo.com/design_25.html

----
Blacksmiths and Tailors – Bowcrafters, Carpenters and Tinkers will now be able to craft "exceptional" items. (this includes furniature)

and

When a Grandmaster creates an exceptional item, a window will appear asking if they wish to place their mark on the item. Selecting "okay" will place the creator’s name on the item when examined (single clicked). Selecting "cancel" will not put the maker's mark on the item"
as per http://update.uo.com/design_31.html

---

Perma reds and change in text color for i must consider sins text depending on statloss or not:

http://update.uo.com/design_32.html
Last edited by Slimeball Jasper on Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Faust

Re: Some updates ive found

Post by Faust »

- Wouldn't bother me one bit. It's solely up to Derrick for this.
- See previous statement.
- I already thought this was possible... I don't have anything but a smith/alchemist, so I wouldn't know what is and isn't possible for other craft skills.
- I have already made the gump, but Derrick is waiting to implement it for a particular reason involving a feature with UOA automatically clicking "okay" on the gump for you.
- I hope perma red is implemented and that specific message involving murderers.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

fooka03
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by fooka03 »

The only things that can be currently labeled exceptional are 'equippables' (that is clothing, weapons, armor, shields) and tools. Containers, furniture, tinkered items cannot be currently labeled.

If we do implement the gm mark on the other items then I would say we have to add in the gump asking if we want to mark or not. Certain things might not want to be marked with anything (like containers for certain applications...)
[$$$] Syndicate of Successful Salesmen
Cash, The Drunken Smith
GM Miner, Tinker, Smith, Carpenter, Tailor

Kryptonical
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kryptonical »

Fook, I have made carpentry tools with my GM tinker and have made multiple items that are an exceptional jointing plane by Chop Chop. I believe I have made other tools that have my mark as well but I cant say for 100%, however I do know on the jointing planes they do have my mark (if I figure it out I could post a pic once I get home) I believe I recal seeing some shovels and sewing kits as well but I could be mistaken.

fooka03
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by fooka03 »

The only things that can be currently labeled exceptional are 'equippables' (that is clothing, weapons, armor, shields) and tools.
Read my post ya nub :P
Cash, The Drunken Smith

Kryptonical
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kryptonical »

thats it, I'm leavin work to get my fuckin makers marked jointing plane...

Ralina

Post by Ralina »

well i agree whole heartly that all of the things mentioned be put in ....

if its going to be "ERA ACCURATE" dont pick and chose ....
pick one time frame not one from this era and one from that one ....PICK ONE...as to not to try and bluff your players when its brought to the supers attention that something would be era accurate ...
i was asked to make a poll on the young player system i did and of course the majority ruled ....FOR IT... not against it ......havent heard another word on it ...of course were not going to ....

ive given up tring anymore ....
Populus amo Onslaught planto gaming usus of uo horrendus quod volo is has suus mares rutila sursum suus ass!!!

fooka03
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by fooka03 »

I've replied to that maker's mark thread with code to handle the new gump for the afkers out there.

that code should also work for any of the other trades, not just smithy, since the sysmessages are exactly the same and the gump will be identical across all of them.
Cash, The Drunken Smith

Faust

Post by Faust »

I don't really see that being a viable option. The goal is to make it as close to what it was like back then. If you went afk it wouldn't auto place the mark for you unless you had the option available during t2a. There are cases where some people don't want the mark on there for particular reasons and it would auto place it for them. A great example is someone making a comment about furniture not wanting the mark, etc...

If you make an exceptional item it will always be exactly that. All the gump does is allow you to append your name to the exceptional item. If you don't click the "okay" button on the gump it simply will not append the name. I really don't see this being that big of an issue. I know it is possible for Razor to catch and send the response back to the server in a recorded macro. If someone truly wants the mark there they can simply make a macro. If someone is manually doing it they would simply hit okay or cancel if they don't want the mark. I know that Razor would sometimes attempt a catch/send when it shouldn't in some cases, but I already do that all the time in other macros/situations on numerous occassions in these type of circumstances.

fooka03
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by fooka03 »

what don't you see as a viable option faust? elaborate a bit cause i have no clue what you're referencing lol.

pretty much everything you said was spot on. Yes it would still be exceptional, yes it only gives you the option to append your name or not. No people would not have an auto-mark or auto-non-mark checkmark.

i think you may have misunderstood my post. I only posted pseudo-code for razor to handle afk macroing if the gump was introduced. I posted that because there seemed to be some kind of call against the option being there because it would mess up current afk crafting macros. i merely showed a way to still have an afk macro to work with a new system to take away that argument against it.

so, all in all, it should come down to era accuracy. is this gump era accurate or not?
Cash, The Drunken Smith

Faust

Post by Faust »

Yes, just a misunderstanding. I thought you were actually talking about code for the server checking if you're afk, etc... Razor on the other hand is entirely different. Sorry about that. :D