Useless town Guards?!

Moderator: Support Moderators

Ungermax

Useless town Guards?!

Post by Ungermax »

Does calling "Guards" in town actually do a damn thing? twice now I have been attacked by PK's In britain, undoubtedly within the guard protection radius and yet nothing happens at all. this has got me pretty riled up. I understand that if a PK kills you before you have a chance to call for the guards and he gets away that is just tough luck and I dont have a problem with that. what pisses me off is that guards dont seem to provide any protection whatsoever when beeing attacked in town. WTF?

Shea

Re: Useless town Guards?!

Post by Shea »

Ungermax wrote:Does calling "Guards" in town actually do a damn thing? twice now I have been attacked by PK's In britain, undoubtedly within the guard protection radius and yet nothing happens at all. this has got me pretty riled up. I understand that if a PK kills you before you have a chance to call for the guards and he gets away that is just tough luck and I dont have a problem with that. what pisses me off is that guards dont seem to provide any protection whatsoever when beeing attacked in town. WTF?

I was blue and had someone attack me with a fireball in town. Never seen the guy before. The guards didnt come for a full 8-10 sec. I dont seem to remember it being that way back in the old days. I always thought guards would insta kill immediately when you attack a blue within city limits.
[15:52] <Rocks> in sheer poundage Neil Diamond has made more woman horny than KISS/David Lee Roth/The Beatles and The Rolling Stones

Ungermax

Post by Ungermax »

yeah. i mean, i'v seen guards insta-kill monsters and such in town but when beeing attacked by players nothing seems to happen, at least in my case. Im confused about how it works. as far as i know i should be able to shout "Guards" in town and whoever has attacked me or stolen from me (so long as i noticed) they should be dead in a snap. :\

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

You have to call the guard within the first 30 seconds of the initial attack, if you are criminally agressed and say guards within 30 seconds the guards will always come (in town).

Also, guards will always come when called for a red, there is no limitation as long as they are not hidden and you are in eyesight.

Sometimes, what will happen is that a player will attack someone, that person will not notice, and the player will run off then come back 30 seconds later and attack. This is unfortunate, but accurate mechanics. If you see "JERK is attacking you" hit your guards key immediately.

Cutpurse

Post by Cutpurse »

Just for reference, though... At one time guards did not tele-kill. They would actually run in and chase the criminal. This was changed during Beta testing, though.

kaldori

Post by kaldori »

Cutpurse wrote:Just for reference, though... At one time guards did not tele-kill. They would actually run in and chase the criminal. This was changed during Beta testing, though.
Yeah that was funny :D I out runned the guards at some point. It wasn't only in the beta. I remember doing this in early Pre-T2A

Return to “New Player Help”