Looking for Wool / Cotton / Flax

Buying/Selling Resources (Ingots/Boards/Etc)

Moderator: Trade Moderators

Francois424
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Looking for Wool / Cotton / Flax

Post by Francois424 »

Hello, new player here !

I am looking to obtain any of the following: Wool / Flax / Cotton in order to transform them and make clothing produces.
Obviously, prices have to be cheaper than those in Tailoring shop.
I find that a reasonnable price is between 8-12gp/spool of thread (so cotton=48-72, Flax=48-72 and Wool=24-36)
( Cheaper the price = The more I buy; price necogiable of course. )

As for quantity, I could buy often for small amounts, or maybe once a week for larger amount
( I'll know exact quantities once I get going )

If you have farms of these that I could buy from or dont mind doing regular deliveries then send me a PM and I'll gladly see what I can do.

Thank You.
-- François

Francois424
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Looking for Wool / Cotton / Flax

Post by Francois424 »

Still have yet to receive any offer whatsoever. If there's problem with my request, let me know as I am rather new on this shard. Thank you.

*So Bump*

Bixby Legbone

Post by Bixby Legbone »

I think it has something to do with the price you are offering. It is entirely easy for a person to make a tailor (or even train tailoring on a main char) and produce fancy shirts for sale. A dedicated person can sell an exceptional fancy person for a max price of 29gp. Fancy shirts take 8 cloth to produce, so a bolt of cloth (50 pieces of cloth) equates to a vendor sell value of 6.25 fancy shirts, or 181.25 gold coins per bolt of cloth. As an example, it takes 5 spools of thread to make a bolt of cloth, thus using my prior equation, an individual spool of thread has a maximum potential vendor sell value of 36.25 gold coins. A single bale of cotton yields 6 spools of thread at a value of 217.5 gold coins. Thus, a person collecting cotton has the choice of farming/tailoring/selling (which the tailoring is easy enough with razor macros) and earning a value of 217.5 gold coins for one bale of cotton, or selling to you for a maximum of 72 gold coins. It takes an active presence to farm cotton and transport it. I'm in the business so I know.

Also factor in the people who only farm those tailoring resources to produce bandages for their chars, and the limited total number of people that play this shard.

Given all of the above, if you were willing to pay say 21.75 gold coins per 190gp per bale of cotton.. I personally would constantly supply you with more than you'd ever be able to buy at one time.

Francois424
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Francois424 »

Ok I get your PoV clearly,

But if you're going to sell me for higher than what the NPCs are selling, then there is really no point whatsoever for me to buy it now is there ? I might as well recall from shop to shop and buy the cotton and spools there (which comes cheaper than 21.75g/per).

Thanks for the honest answer regardless; I shall forget about wanting to buy stuff from players for a while
(at least raw ressources).

Return to “Resources”