Getting Ian a replacement deed.

Topics related to Second Age
Fwerp
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Getting Ian a replacement deed.

Post by Fwerp »

Nearly everyone by now has heard the sob story that is ian losing his two-story house deed to some jerk. Anyway, I am going to propose taking up a collection towards buying him a replacement deed. Others in IRC have expressed a similar interest, and encouraged me to make this post, so perhaps there is sufficient interest out there to achieve this end.

In any event, my plan is to document who has donated what, and to give the sum to ian if it is shy of the 150k or so required for the deed. If we actually do obtain enough money, I will buy the deed, and go scouting for the location to place it with ian. I will then place the house for him on another character, and transfer it to him immediately. In the even more unlikely event that we exceed the amount required for the deed, I will return money to to the most recent donors.

I'll begin by pledging 15k, and if there is actually material interest, more. At this point, I figure most of the hardcore UO players have done their fair share of griefing, so perhaps some will jump at the opportunity to have the reverse effect.

I just figure that ian is a good guy, and if I can right a wrong and end his incessant complaining about it in one swoop, I might as well give it a whirl. So, if anyone is interested, PM me in IRC, here, post here, or talk to me in game. I leave IRC logged on most of the time, so that's your best bet. I'll do my best to respond to all inquiries promptly.

son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!
Location: I put an r in it http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Player/67484

Re: Getting Ian a replacement deed.

Post by son »

ill put in 10k
rdash wrote:BLACKFOOT STAY AWAY FROM MY FRIENDS OR MEET A BLADE OF VANQUISH AND ADDITIONAL TACTICS

Evocah

Post by Evocah »

I'll give 15k. Dedicating myself to Savage so I dont need the money anyway. :)

Kylock

Post by Kylock »

+50k from me, the good old scammer.

Fwerp
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Fwerp »

Well, we're not quite there, but we're exceedingly close. I am going to change the policy for refunds to refunding the biggest donors a pro-rated amount, if there is any gold to be refunded.

alcon

Post by alcon »

Seeing as Onslaught was the first one to be offended and he is a part of ACE, who have their own player run town.... how much are you guys willing to spend to help?

prosonic
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by prosonic »

Prosonic: 15k. his old loc is available if he pulls his small house
[22:41:17] <Braden> Prosonic: If you get drunk and cause trouble here, I am banning ian for life.

RoadKill
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by RoadKill »

I'll fill in the gap (whatever is left, I'll cover it.)
Lake Superior 1997-2002, UOSA 2008-Present
I no longer use this account, if you need to reach me, message my new account, Boomland Jenkins

Hoots
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hoots »

Ill give 10K

Hoots in IRC or PM here. Should be on/off all weekend

Great idea btw.

TheDaz
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by TheDaz »

Happy to throw in 10K to right the wrong!!

Kefka

Post by Kefka »

20k from me (peta)

can we get an update on how much you've collected and how much you still need?

[00:43] <Hemperor> i like turtles

hai t2a

Post by hai t2a »

Everyone has been jipped majorly in one way or another, this has only gotten so much attention because ACE tried to make it a publicity stunt against Kylock personally... glad to see kylock has showed up here to defend his name.

I'll do 20k

Kefka

Post by Kefka »

this has only gotten so much attention because ACE....
Great, because of ACE, an innocent player is going to be helped out! Hemp, if you don't want to donate any money, then don't, nobody is forcing you. Your comments made it sound like you don't really want to do this.

FWERP, any update on how much you've collected ingame?

hai t2a

Post by hai t2a »

Kefka wrote:
this has only gotten so much attention because ACE....
Great, because of ACE, an innocent player is going to be helped out! Hemp, if you don't want to donate any money, then don't, nobody is forcing you. Your comments made it sound like you don't really want to do this.

FWERP, any update on how much you've collected ingame?
I said I'll give the guy 20k only because he's alright. Tons of people have had deeds looted, houses looted..and far worse things happened but no one gave a shit then... you guys just made a huge deal because you have beef with kylock.

Kefka

Post by Kefka »

forgive us for bringing attention to a legit problem and attempting to prevent it from happening again.

I suppose you believe all the Free Tibet associations out there are purely anti Chinese and should stfu and die.