CTF Team Sorting

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Derrick

Re: CTF Team Sorting

Post by Derrick »

I'm very interested in this problem, but may not be able to address it for a few days. Thanks for the continued brainstorming on this, hopefully we can come up with something better. Some great points and ideas above.

Senses

Post by Senses »

Guilds or no, Ultima has and always will be a solo-played multi-player game before a team or group game. The fact that a single person can kill any mob in the game has always been ultimate proof of this. Every CTF game should start and end with one button, "Join Game." The team you end up on should be completely random and guilds play no part in the split. No more picking purple green or blue.

That being said, and considering you removed the 1v1 apparently, I'm not 100 postiive on that, why not go ahead and add a Guild CTF to the cycle of CTF's already available. Have this one game be setup the way games are now so its not as if Guilds are completely being tossed aside.

Waldo

Post by Waldo »

The complete random teams would be great for the solo players (myself). But I also like Loops idea guilds/partys being on same team..can more events be added to please everyone?
If it's either or I'de say priorty to guilds/partys on same teams first solos fill in the rest.

Jaster

Post by Jaster »

more events isn't going to please everyone ... infact tbh, I'm just suggesting stuff if we are having events. I'd rather not have any at all. Bring on actual playing the game. To many people caught up in events and not out doing stuff in the actual game.

Waldo

Post by Waldo »

23 events in a week so averaged out there's a event every 7.3 hours. This cuts into feild pvp how so? Events start many PvM players hit the dungeons they know the PvP minded will Probly hit the event. Your stance on events dont add up with your attendance from my point of veiw I dont make many but you seem to be at every one. This maybe be because there's a lack of feild pvp? I dont know not my cup of tea..
Why have events in the first place, we could make a list of pros and cons of having them. The trophys selling for 6-7k per point (hmm many vendors are selling vanq weapons around that amount) says they are wanted, the rewards for turn ins are desirable items only obtainable 1 way. Lets look at how these valuable trophys are distributed.

13 CTFs..who wins these? the guild team in vent will better cordination
4 Double Domination.. not much different from CTF
3 Last Man Standing.. solos will be keyed on first before guildmates or friends
2 Survival Game.. any bard can win here only true solo event afaik
1 Deathmatch.. never been to one can not comment

20 events here a guild or party in vent will win, 2 events any solo can win again cant comment on the deathmatch. Is it fair that the team players will win over the others? IMO yes it is this is a community game teamwork should be rewarded and encouraged. I can also see the side of the solo player wanting totaly random teams would be fun to mix it up into a anything could happen event. Just dump us in without any names other then blue player green player ect..

Jaster

Post by Jaster »

Your arguement about adding more events doesn't make sense. People want them so you think we should have more on UOSA? Why is that? Of course people want things that are fun, where they don't have the threat of losing anything and only gaining something. Events are no where in the history of UO until freeshards. The goal of the dev team which is on the front page of the website is accuracy. There were over 50 events a week 2 months ago, including 1v1, 2v2,3v3 events. That numbers was cut down because the only time players logged in was for events. The moment it was cut down, field pvp and actual UO game play picked up tremendously. 2-3 weeks ago, 1v1, 2v2,3v3 tourneys were cut out of the events schedule because many players would only log in for those. This past week, field pvp has more than quadrupled.

Conclusion .... as events have been cut down on this server, more and more real uo gameplay has occurred, both pvp and pvm, which is a large step towards accuracy[feeling accurate].

If there are going to be events still, they are at the luxary of those players online at those times. If you aren't online, sorry? UO has always rewarded players that put in more time, because they have more opportunities to do things. This does not mean that someone who plays less can't acquire certain things, but it will come in time, unless extremely lucky.

A new sorting system should be implemented, I agree. I offered a suggestion, as should everyone else in this thread.

Senses

Post by Senses »

Whatever happened to PvM events. I never saw one but I heard about them happening in the past.

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hemperor »

Senses wrote:Whatever happened to PvM events. I never saw one but I heard about them happening in the past.
The only one I saw was survival..which was basically a bard only event, pretty lame.

[22:26] <ian> why am i making 3750 empty kegs
[22:27] <ian> 1125000 for 3750 empty kegs
----------------------------------------
[10:44] <ian> a good cat is a dead cat

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hemperor »

On a side note, it would be cool if we could get a good amount of players using vent for CTFs.

Choco has been kind enough to set up individual channels for each CTF team in his vent:
http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=4981
Just hop out of your guild vent for the event, come in here..would be cool if enough people did it, I'm tired of having to type with [t while running!

UnknownLord

Post by UnknownLord »

The point is, every CTF game i win. Ive lost 2 games "came 2nd both times in 4 ways" since i first started this server. So its the teams fault? get skills son.
-D- Dreadlord XII

UnknownLord

Post by UnknownLord »

Proof. I had no guildies online, no one on skype/vent. I also played on Soma's character to make it look badass. This kind of ending happens almost every game i play.

<SecondAge> The CTF(Wilderness 4-team) game is over. The winner is Green with 111 points!
[14:52] <SecondAge> Second place was Orange with 90 points!
[14:52] <SecondAge> Soma led the winning team with 90 points, 1 kills!
[14:52] <SecondAge> Garthak led the losing team with 33 points, 4 kills!

Get skillz
-D- Dreadlord XII

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hemperor »

UnknownLord wrote:Proof. I had no guildies online, no one on skype/vent. I also played on Soma's character to make it look badass. This kind of ending happens almost every game i play.

<SecondAge> The CTF(Wilderness 4-team) game is over. The winner is Green with 111 points!
[14:52] <SecondAge> Second place was Orange with 90 points!
[14:52] <SecondAge> Soma led the winning team with 90 points, 1 kills!
[14:52] <SecondAge> Garthak led the losing team with 33 points, 4 kills!

Get skillz
too bad you suck at pvp. I get team leader majority of the time my team wins, last CTF I got all of my teams points... unfortunately that is completely off topic.

if you would read, you would realise this has nothing to do with individual performance, perhaps you should make your own topic.

aXe

Post by aXe »

I think if everyone just used [t and played their own role in CTF, it wouldn't matter. I think there should be a book that teaches most of the basics that newbies can just read quick before a CTF. When I say basics, I really mean it to. I mean like some of these guys don't even know how to cap the flag, so they will pick it up and then just run around. The book should also go over like basic walling, dispel wall, healing team members, healing flag holder, and all the other TRUE basics of CTF.
<hemperor> plus im sure ive handled more money than your mcdonalds ass ever has, my $1200 dollar speaks for itself! :)

UnknownLord

Post by UnknownLord »

Hemp, you suck at feild pvp anyways so shh, and all im saying is.. the people bitching about "ZOMG SHIT TEAM" get skillz, no matter what team im on.. i dominate every ctf. BTW hemp, everytime ive played vs you.. you never get any points. you're bad.
-D- Dreadlord XII

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hemperor »

UnknownLord wrote:Hemp, you suck at feild pvp anyways so shh, and all im saying is.. the people bitching about "ZOMG SHIT TEAM" get skillz, no matter what team im on.. i dominate every ctf. BTW hemp, everytime ive played vs you.. you never get any points. you're bad.
http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=3890