Of leprechauns and men.

Share stories and special moments with the community.
MustardCat

Of leprechauns and men.

Post by MustardCat »

Returning to Trinsic after exploring the jungles and vanquishing foul beasts I happened upon a lone leprechaun standing at the gate, looking rather mad. It seems he had just chased someone into town after they demanded he give them his gold!

I already had an unfortunate misunderstanding with another lep earlier in the day and did not want to repeat the same mistake by trying to forcefully take his gold. I've learned I need to use more finesse when dealing with these greedy leps so I quickly peeked into his bag when he was not lookiing.

1800 gold! Oh yes. I decided this was a job for my "bard" in training.

When my bard finally arrived from Yew, I found a fellow by the name of Flamestryker harrassing the greedy 'chaun for his gold. Using the situation to my advantage I slipped handfulls of gold from the leps bag as he was distracted by Flamestryker.
It took some time as he was carrying a lot of gold and my bard is quite out of practice, but eventually I got it all. I split it with Flamestryker for his assistance and headed to the bank to deposit the goods.

My warrior returned to the scene, he would be useless in the fight but wanted to see how it played out anyways. Flamestryker was still attempting to down the foul 'chaun but had no luck. After some time it appeared futile as the lep managed to rebuff Flamestrykers attacks and heal himself. I became distracted by a pretty face and temporarily lost track of the battle.

After several minutes I rode northwest a little ways and found the fight was still raging, only now MapOMatic was battling the pesky 'chaun as well. This was the begining of a great battle between the 3 that raged through the forest. The magic was flying with wreckless abandon during the intense battle and at one point a mountain goat went insane and began nibbling at my foot, I ignored this minor distraction as the fight was too good to miss.
After some time the dirty lep realized he was loosing and tired to hide behind some trees, but MapOMatic and Flamestryker were having nothing of it and continued to press.

The battle again raged but the 'chauns time was up, eventually he became too exhausted to even move. MapOMatic and Flamestryker surrounded him and prepared to deliver the final blows:

Several tense seconds later the lep was finally vanquished. I couldn't help but cheer after witnessing the climatic end of this great battle.

They wasted no time helping themselves to the dead leprechauns coveted possessions. MapOMatic removed the leps head for a trophy and Flamestryker donned his special hat.

After that we spoke briefly and parted ways, but I will never forget witnessing that great battle in the forest.

Safir
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Of leprechauns and men.

Post by Safir »

Oooh, the leps head is worth a trophy? Looks like my party who took down a lep missed out. ;)

And what an epic tale!

Bravo!

Maahes

Post by Maahes »

Very interesting story, thanks for sharing.

Safir: Head is not worth a trophy, I think he meant they kept is as a trophy.

backdown00

Post by backdown00 »

is the spawn on these guys random? I would like one of those hats =)

Safir
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Safir »

Maahes wrote:Safir: Head is not worth a trophy, I think he meant they kept is as a trophy.
Ahh, thank you for clearing that up. ;)

Akells

Post by Akells »

I was looking for something on player vendors today and saw both a Leprechaun and this green dragon named Leprechraunicus or something. I was able to kill both of them.

From the leprechaun I salvaged:
the head of a leprechaun
a Leprechaun's Pants
a Leprechaun's Hat

From the dragon:
a Leprechaun's Hat
(some other loot)

I realize that Leprechaun's are still spawning and other folks might acquire these items too. Does anyone have any idea what these items might be worth?

Return to “Tales of Adventure”