When an explanation is not a QQ

Topics related to Second Age
Hoots
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: When an explanation is not a QQ

Post by Hoots »

It is a interesting topic, one that most here ignore.

This ruleset was replaced bc it was loved by the minority...While the majority of gamers became interested in trammel, expanded crafts, skills, housing, etc.

So the people who "win UOSA" are, by definition..., a bit, stubborn... (this coming from a guy who donates monthly for a game he doesnt play anymore..)

The thing is, this is the game and ruleset you chose to be a part of. If its not for you, its simply not for you.

I too was around "back in the day" on OSI... and one thing i've learned from being on this shard is many people who used to "win OSI" end up "losing UOSA" and dont really like that feeling. People won OSI by pounding on newbs... just like they do here. People won OSI by duping, here it is "razoring" and afk'ing, along with previous exploitation of economy (which is no different than OSI...)

I agree the lack of community at times is discouraging, but there are many people who do nothing more than help others on this shard as well. They dont typically look to help people in threads like this though! :D

Good luck man, regardless of if you stay or go.
-Hoots

crappled

Post by crappled »

This game, this server, are all very niche. If you're not here to PK/PvP, then what in the hell are you here for? The whole reason I keep coming back to games like UO is because none of this new crap satisfies my urge for the kind of player interaction I want. I am by no means good at fighting other players, and will lose 9/10 times, but it's always fun for me to engage in combat vs other people instead of stupid scripted mobs. Timelord you sound like all you want to do is sit at a camp of creatures and farm it until you have hundreds of thousands of pixels that will get you nothing. If you're not playing UO for the rush and thrill of the fight vs other players, you should not be playing UO in my opinion. Also, being new here and reading the forums, you have posted so many "Waaaah I'm quitting" threads that I'm not surprised you have a bad rep as a whiner.

In short, grow up or GTFO.

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

The man is entitled to his opinion. He is agitated by the people. I didn't see much complaining about the game itself. The community here, so far as I can tell, are all 20 to 40 year old men acting like teenagers and a tiny portion of females using it as a dating website.

You can't discount every quit thread because it says things that you don't like to read. This community needs to get its ass in gear and stop running all of the newbies off. If your idea of era accuracy is an empty era, then by all means continue to make it a pain on new players and then spit on them on their way out, like you are doing now.

Only on UOSA do the people who scam and kill you get a free pass and the good people get trashed on. This is backwards as hell and that isn't even era accurate. It only implies that there are more horrible people here than average players.

Get it in gear.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

Vhyx

Post by Vhyx »

crappled wrote: If you're not playing UO for the rush and thrill of the fight vs other players, you should not be playing UO in my opinion.

Your opinion is duly noted, and completely dismissed.

I don't fight other players. That's not to say I haven't killed other players, but I sure as hell don't fight them. Plenty of fun to be had without merely grinding the poorly AI'ed MoBs, or endlessly hally-cycling at the Brit GY.

This isn't an opinion, it's a fact-- So any rebuttal you may have is null and void.

Now go get me a bacon sandwich and a beer, n00B.

Hythloth Tower for Sale. Contact Boondock_Saint via PMs because it's his and not mine. Azheman will broker the deal, naked.

Chewchum

Post by Chewchum »

Vhyx = sourpuss y or you could say this backwards...

Vhyx

Post by Vhyx »

Y ssuprous? That doesn't make any sense.

Methinks your horrible attempt at being witty has backfired?

I suppose you meant to say "Vhyx=Sourpuss y or you could remove the word sour and remove the space from puss and y."

But for some strange reason that just doesn't seem to flow very well and seems a little awkward.

:lol:

Hythloth Tower for Sale. Contact Boondock_Saint via PMs because it's his and not mine. Azheman will broker the deal, naked.

Chewchum

Post by Chewchum »

You just wasted 10% of your brain, Congratulations your the wiener.

Vhyx

Post by Vhyx »

My 10% is 300% of your 100%.

Punt to TT in 3...2...1

chumbucket
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by chumbucket »

You need to be more creative in your gameplay. There can be way more to this game other than PvP, PvM, and collecting houses.

Vhyx

Post by Vhyx »

chumbucket wrote:You need to be more creative in your gameplay. There can be way more to this game other than PvP, PvM, and collecting houses.

QFT.

Chum always tells the truth, except when he's not telling the truth which even then is probably the truth.

orevamp

Post by orevamp »

I wish I wasn't a noob at the tail end of the events... it would be nice to have that togetherness again. the community could be larger and the amount of fuck asses could be a bit lower. Aside from that I love this game.

Orion GM B^D

Post by Orion GM B^D »

GuardianKnight wrote:The man is entitled to his opinion. He is agitated by the people. I didn't see much complaining about the game itself. The community here, so far as I can tell, are all 20 to 40 year old men acting like teenagers and a tiny portion of females using it as a dating website.

You can't discount every quit thread because it says things that you don't like to read. This community needs to get its ass in gear and stop running all of the newbies off. If your idea of era accuracy is an empty era, then by all means continue to make it a pain on new players and then spit on them on their way out, like you are doing now.

Only on UOSA do the people who scam and kill you get a free pass and the good people get trashed on. This is backwards as hell and that isn't even era accurate. It only implies that there are more horrible people here than average players.

Get it in gear.
^
WiseOne wrote:I don't log on often, but when I do, I shop at Trinny Stone Vendors!
Trinny Stone Vendors
@Trinsic Moongate/Est. 6-2-12

crappled

Post by crappled »

Vhyx wrote:

Your opinion is duly noted, and completely dismissed.

I don't fight other players. That's not to say I haven't killed other players, but I sure as hell don't fight them. Plenty of fun to be had without merely grinding the poorly AI'ed MoBs, or endlessly hally-cycling at the Brit GY.

This isn't an opinion, it's a fact-- So any rebuttal you may have is null and void.

Now go get me a bacon sandwich and a beer, n00B.

I should rephrase myself. I also enjoy PvMing or doing treasure maps or just chatting with people, but to me the best part of UO is the fact that there is always the OPTION to fight other players. There are no special carebear arenas or anything like that, you can be out hunting and someone can run by and you don't know if they are planning on attacking you or befriending you. It's the not knowing that makes UO what it is, the whole sandbox aspect. I truly believe anybody that is bothering to play on this shard is interested in the fact that they can fight another player, otherwise why wouldn't they be playing in some Trammel dump?