a few errors i beleive

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR

a few errors i beleive

Post by RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR »

you cant eval int vendors
http://update.uo.com/design_34.html

i beleive this means before this there were no partys
http://update.uo.com/design_196.html
he Party System
The party system will allow players to adventure together and communicate more effectively.

Forming a Party
Every party must have a party leader. The party leader is the character who adds others to their own party. The party leader is assigned by the system as soon as s/he adds the first member to the party. Once you have decided who the party leader will be, s/he can open the party system menu window (described below) and begin adding members.

Party System Menus
The party system contains a menu that will allow you to more easily manage and maintain your party. The menu can be opened by opening your paperdoll window and double-clicking a dark-gray scroll next to your character paperdoll. These menus can also be opened by creating a macro using the “open” command in the macros section of the options menu. Once you select the “open” command in your macro, you will be able to select “PartyManifest” to assign opening the party menu that macro key. The party manifest menu contains the following:
http://update.uo.com/design_446.html
this one seems to be kind of vague but i beleive they mean that before this you would stop when you ran into rocks and brush, i went on uo demo and in fact there you would get stopped on rocks and brush
but on the server you will not be stopped
i distinctly remember getting pked alot because i would run into those little brown bushes all the time lol

Faust

Re: a few errors i beleive

Post by Faust »

The problem with activating these old static structures is that it would be completely server side instead of client like it was back then. This simply means that it will be completely server side for the block and when a person runs over the items it will create a rubberband effect instead of the standard blocking effect. It isn't pretty at all when this happens.

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR

acceptable but get this eval vendor shit fixed right fucking now do you have any idea how pissed i get when im having a nostalgia flashback and then all the sudden some fucker comes up and eval ints a vendor totally kills my buzz

Faust

Post by Faust »

That can go either way in all honesty. We typically follow patches all the way up until the last patch in '99. It depends if Derrick wants to do this or not. I'll let him be the judge on that though.

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR

Faust wrote:That can go either way in all honesty. We typically follow patches all the way up until the last patch in '99. It depends if Derrick wants to do this or not. I'll let him be the judge on that though.
i was just kidding i dont really see a point in changing eval int

i mainly wanted the change to be with the obstructables, and i saw that aswell in the patch notes so i posted it
also party system is a system i like but it is not era accurate any thoughts on that?

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

The actual usual cut-off date for most patches is the end of Oct '99, prior to the housing change; but there are a couple things past then but prior to Jan 2000 that are in. Jan 2000 is the absolute cut-off date.

The rubberband brambles are in the fall map. We're on the spring season map right now. One a year we do have the fall map and everyone gets really grumpy about the brambles, and then we move on to spring. Last year I think fall on UOSA lasted a little under a week.

Guild Chat and the Party System are indeed post era, and should probably be removed, for now, other things have taken priority over the removal of these features.

d'Troyes
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by d'Troyes »

Derrick wrote:Guild Chat and the Party System are indeed post era, and should probably be removed, for now, other things have taken priority over the removal of these features.
Uh oh, I hope not. I know they are post-era, but I'm in the process of getting some friends from past MMO's over here and they are our "social butterfly" people. This was their number one concern as I explained the levels of communication available in the game. They were accepting of the no "tell" system, but I told them there is a party & guild chat system and they agreed. If this is removed, I'm quite sure they'll change their mind and hit the road.
"Everything is worth what its purchaser will pay for it." - Publilius Syrus (~100 BC)

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

I remember having a guild chat, but no party system.

RoadKill
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by RoadKill »

MatronDeWinter wrote:I remember having a guild chat, but no party system.
Your memory is backwards. Guild chat wasn't introduced until post AOS.

There IS a chat system to this game, it's called "Chat" - maybe people will actually start to use it again.

The "Whisper" command will become a lot more popular if/when guild & party chat is removed, woohoo :)
Lake Superior 1997-2002, UOSA 2008-Present
I no longer use this account, if you need to reach me, message my new account, Boomland Jenkins

d'Troyes
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by d'Troyes »

RoadKill wrote:There IS a chat system to this game, it's called "Chat" - maybe people will actually start to use it again.
That thing is ugly, cumbersome and all over my screen. I remember now why we used ICQ like it was going out of style back then.
"Everything is worth what its purchaser will pay for it." - Publilius Syrus (~100 BC)

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR

d'Troyes wrote:
Derrick wrote:Guild Chat and the Party System are indeed post era, and should probably be removed, for now, other things have taken priority over the removal of these features.
Uh oh, I hope not. I know they are post-era, but I'm in the process of getting some friends from past MMO's over here and they are our "social butterfly" people. This was their number one concern as I explained the levels of communication available in the game. They were accepting of the no "tell" system, but I told them there is a party & guild chat system and they agreed. If this is removed, I'm quite sure they'll change their mind and hit the road.
heres an idea have them download vent and irc?
and give them forum accounts lol

d'Troyes
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by d'Troyes »

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR wrote:heres an idea have them download vent and irc?
and give them forum accounts lol
I've been trying that FOREVER. They're weird about voice chats. They just want simple in-game chat systems that aren't obtrusive to gameplay like that UO chat forum.

Sulta
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Sulta »

I remember something about communication crystals (anyone else???). But weren't they pretty useless? Anyone remember when these were in game and what they did?

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

You can buy them from the jeweler :)

RoadKill
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by RoadKill »

Sulta wrote:I remember something about communication crystals (anyone else???). But weren't they pretty useless? Anyone remember when these were in game and what they did?
You could link them together to chat with people who had the linked crystals. I remember using these while scouting out Shame for the first time ever (back when getting to level 4 was a real task :P )
Lake Superior 1997-2002, UOSA 2008-Present
I no longer use this account, if you need to reach me, message my new account, Boomland Jenkins