question

Topics related to Second Age
Deadlock

question

Post by Deadlock »

Hi all! I am new to this server, not new to UO, started back in November of 97. Still have an active account on atlantic(cant let go of my 18X18 piece of land but cant for the life of me enjoy what UO has become).

Anywho, hope this is not a silly question, as I tried searching for it in forums. My question is that I see players named Chumbucket. I just would like to get an idea of the significance of the name or item, place? Thanks in advance!

WiseOne

Re: question

Post by WiseOne »

Chum is one of the veterans of this server, head of a guild called cA (chumbucket and associates).

They specialize in illegal sheep farm extermination.

I strongly recommend reading the Second Age wiki here

Feel free to send me a PM if you need help, have other questions or if you want to use one of my homes to macro in or as a base of operations until you make enough for your own piece of UOSA land.

Welcome!
♥ Baaaaaaaaaaam ♠

Deadlock

Post by Deadlock »

WiseOne wrote:Chum is one of the veterans of this server, head of a guild called cA (chumbucket and associates).

They specialize in illegal sheep farm extermination.

I strongly recommend reading the Second Age wiki here
Ahhh! cool, and thank you very much for your generosity. I am trying to relive my humble beginings of back in 97, I am tempted to ask you for help haha but I am gonna see how I fare out. Thanks again WiseOne.

WiseOne

Post by WiseOne »

There are plenty of good people on the forums and in game so whenever you need anything, post here or hop in IRC and someone will be happy to help out.

Enjoy!

Cheers
♥ Baaaaaaaaaaam ♠

chumbucket
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by chumbucket »

How many chumbuckets are there?!

Deadlock

Post by Deadlock »

chumbucket wrote:How many chumbuckets are there?!
Hail, and well met Chumbucket, are you the original? I have been on the server couple of days and saw 3 different players running around(in Britan) with the names "Chumbucket", so I got curious.

chumbucket
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by chumbucket »

Deadlock wrote:
Hail, and well met Chumbucket, are you the original? I have been on the server couple of days and saw 3 different players running around(in Britan) with the names "Chumbucket", so I got curious.
All at once?

Deadlock

Post by Deadlock »

chumbucket wrote:
Deadlock wrote:
All at once?

No, I did not see them running around all at once. One of them seemed to be a "i want to F#%k around" town troublemaker(I know we have all done it at one point or another). Your name usage seems pretty popular.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Deadlock wrote:
chumbucket wrote:
Deadlock wrote:
All at once?

No, I did not see them running around all at once. One of them seemed to be a "i want to F#%k around" town troublemaker(I know we have all done it at one point or another). Your name usage seems pretty popular.
It's pretty depressing that someone would use chumbuckets name as their character-name, especially for a low-life town-griefer. chumbucket is one of the most honorable players on UOSA. He has a long history of honest brokering, player events, and respectable behavior.

Whenever you try to strike a deal up with someone, you almost always hear "Let's get chum to broker". This is a staple-phrase in UOSA lexicography. It's reached this iconic status on the back of chumbuckets hard work upkeeping his reputation. He's the only player that everyone unanimously agrees is trustworthy enough to deal with without using a broker, on merit of his name along. Just be sure to check his guild title since, as demonstrated above, there are many fakes.

Budner
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Budner »

Mythical character of no significance whatsoever.

montier

Post by montier »

An Corp... Fizzle... An Corp.. Fizzle...