Question for Derrick/Faust

Moderator: Support Moderators

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR

Question for Derrick/Faust

Post by RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR »

Hey i was curious, how do you guys get accurate numbers for skill gain here? Is it possible to get it from the demo or do you just do what feels right?

And i just wanted to say that this shard is the best Ever and please keep making it as T2A accurate as possible even though some players don't like it.

Derrick

Re: Question for Derrick/Faust

Post by Derrick »

Skill gain has been a work in progress since we've opened, but there have been very few changes recently in actual gain rates. Some gain chance formulas have been tweaked, based on what we know about those specific skills, but generally all skill gain uses a single formula and is based on relative dificulty of the attampt.

Im glad you're haveing a good time! :D

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR

Post by RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR »

thank you for quick response and yeah im having the best time ive ever had on a freeshard before
i always felt that there should be a as accurate as is reasonable t2a shard before i found this one

Slaine
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Slaine »

BTW Derrick, (or anyone else in the know for that matter) why has the Power Hour ommited? Was it not part of this ERA? Or is the formula for it complicated? Or has it been deemed an unecessary feature. Personally I used to love Power hour. However if skill raises are spread evenly through out the day, I'm not complaining. Haven't been stuck on any particular skill i.e. not getting raises, and this is due to all the amazing guides I might hasten to add :)

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

power hour came at end of t2a when UOR came in i think
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Aye, this was a late era feature and came in as the same time as the anti-macro initiative which required players to move (8x8) to gain skill, which we also don't have.

Return to “New Player Help”