If you want to pvp, then GO PVP!

Topics related to Second Age
memememe

If you want to pvp, then GO PVP!

Post by memememe »

(To the admins: I didn't miss-click, I wanted to post this here, as it's meant to advertise field PvP. That it might be a fun story filled with screenshots is purely coincidence.)
[Disclaimer: This is aimed at people who know HOW to PvP but for whatever reason don't want to advance past silly Notoing at the GY or dueling. If you're new to PvP all together, join IRC and duel anyone and everyone who accepts, that's it, fastest, easiest and cheapest way to learn.]

So. Lately I've been hearing multiply people say they want to get into fielding, I'm talking like 6+. Yet every one of them seems to make an excuse as to why they don't go orange. "I don't know anyone." / "I'm gonna build my own guild... soon..." / "No guild will take me." / "Bad timezone." / "I'm waiting until it's a bit more active." (<--- spot the irony?).
So instead of well.. doing what they 'want' to do, they talk about it, but don't actually do it. And miss out on a lot of the fun.

So here it is:
Step 1: Make a guild, solo, with a friend, with friends, it doesn't matter. War everyone out there. (Alternatively: Join a war guild.)
Step 2a: Don't be an ass. People remember.
Step 2b: If you want to jump into a fight, join the side that has less people on it. People remember.
Step 2c: If you don't know what's up, take a minute or 5 to get a better picture before you mindless spam into someone. People remember.
Step 2d: Don't dry loot and horse kill everyone every time. People remember.
Step 3: Have fun fielding.
(If you make a guild with enough friends or join an established guild you may ignore rules 2a-d at your own risk. Just don't show up solo.)

If you follow the above your evening might look like this:
(Setting: You're red because even if you beat the blue GZ huggers 2v3 they still count you [Hi *F*], but enough people are orange that you're not in stat. People know you're neither a whining bitch nor a backstabbing ass. At some point or another you've either helped most of them out of a sticky situation or not taken advantage of them even though you could have.)

The beginning of your evening will look like this. You're alive because you stick to the rules. Multiply oranges/reds on screen don't feel the need to rid themselves of your presence because they a) don't like you or b) don't want to be back stabbed by you. It's pretty laid back, basically the cool kids vs the gz huggers (people like Seether for instance). Lot's of health bars out in cause something starts and you either want to help or fight someone. But all still pretty random.

Then something happens.
You see group A fight group B. Who's with whom? You don't know. Which group is larger? You don't know. So you run after them. Get a gist of what is happening. What do you do? Right, unless either group has someone you REALLY REALLY don't like, you stay out of it till you know who's at a disadvantage.
Fast forward 2 minutes and voila, you've found the smaller party and started a chat. A chat leads to a skype invite. And suddenly, solo guy in a solo guild isn't solo anymore.

And before you know it, you're involved in a few field fights and have a ton of fun!

Yes, in the end you might have died twice. Once might have been in the middle of roughly 15 people, skillfully alternating between explo, eb and para. Once might have been us 3v2 others that got the better of you. But you also got your skills. You got a bit of loot. Did you come out even? Who cares. Cause you had a truckload of fun!

Freight Elevator

Re: If you want to pvp, then GO PVP!

Post by Freight Elevator »

+1
Lambo wrote: And seriously what kinda pvper ever has a character with parry they take out into the field...... really

azheman
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by azheman »

Step 4:
As soon as TG gets on screen, all guilds and noto-pkers team up.

Good post. Me is the new Ambassador of PVP for UOSecondAge.

Freight Elevator

You earned it!
Lambo wrote: And seriously what kinda pvper ever has a character with parry they take out into the field...... really

nubnub
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by nubnub »

memememe wrote: Step 1: Make a guild, solo, with a friend, with friends, it doesn't matter. War everyone out there. (Alternatively: Join a war guild.)
That's what I did... I solo mostly so I created a guild, went chaos and sent a ton of war declarations (only 15 have accepted but it's an ongoing process) and done. Whenever I want some action I can log on that toon, get my arse beat and satiate my need to punch the air.

Freight Elevator

When I made my guild originally I warred everyone and bumped the forums to get them to respond. Got to 20 fairly quick but it was slow going after that. If you keep warring all guilds and check the stone once a week or so you will get up there. I think I'm around 50 now..of course a good portion of the wars I have are very inactive guilds.

Good on you though! You can always pair up with other guys out there. Almost everyone has skype or IRC or both.

Gork

Post by Gork »

My personal experience has been great. I joined FT$ and now I don't have to ask for 1v1s :) It just happens. So that is a huge bonus for me!

I am growing to like the huge field fights ( packing a little different, changing a few things around in my pads )

Luckily, there are some vets on here that like to give Gork advice on warring. Thanks to you guys ( you know who you are )

See you out there.

qwebirc41039

Post by qwebirc41039 »

im sorry but if your less than 20 screens from a guard zone your not fielding

Menkaure
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Menkaure »

qwebirc41039 wrote:im sorry but if your less than 20 screens from a guard zone your not fielding
God isn't this te truth. Can we as a community stop making the gy the only spot people fight at.
GO SKINS
Catskills 1997-2002ish

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

It's possibly the only place I don't kill people at. It's warring guilds keeping tradition that lure newbies in to field there. Newbies, go kill other newbies for their gp in dungeons and camp their houses!
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

Halbu

Post by Halbu »

Goto dungeons too, not just the graveyard. There's reds/oranges in dungeons!

memememe

Post by memememe »

Menkaure wrote:
qwebirc41039 wrote:im sorry but if your less than 20 screens from a guard zone your not fielding
God isn't this te truth. Can we as a community stop making the gy the only spot people fight at.
With population being as low as it is, the GY being the center pvp spot is actually a good thing. If we had double the pop expanding on that might not be a problem, but not right now.
So if in doubt, check the GY.
If you wanna pvp anywhere else and you're on during prime time just announce your location on IRC. Should work most of the time.

Menkaure
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Menkaure »

memememe wrote:
Menkaure wrote:
With population being as low as it is, the GY being the center pvp spot is actually a good thing. If we had double the pop expanding on that might not be a problem, but not right now.
If you wanna pvp anywhere else and you're on during prime time just announce your location on IRC. Should work most of the time.
I been playin here off n on since 2009, its always the gy. Once in a while you'll have a fight elsewhere but its always the stupid gy
GO SKINS
Catskills 1997-2002ish

Sin Cloud

Post by Sin Cloud »

Menkaure wrote:
memememe wrote:
Menkaure wrote:
I been playin here off n on since 2009, its always the gy. Once in a while you'll have a fight elsewhere but its always the stupid gy
Yes, a lot of the fights have been at the GY.. but the times that I do go out to dungeons which is every now and then.. I always find fights there.
Most of the time it's not blues either, it's wars.. I have said this in another post before, GY isn't the only place to PvP. The fights are where you make them..

If you show up at someone's house to grief, guaranteed.. you'll find a fight there. If you piss someone off at a dungeon, 75% of the time they'll recall.. but there is a 25% chance you're going to start a fight. Fights are what you make of it.. the reason people are at GY all the time, is because nobody bothers to dungeon it up anymore.

My greatest fights have been in Destard/Hythloth/Cyclops Valley.. and a very memorable fight back when balrons spawned at Hedge, was a fight where Sandro died.. I ebolted him as he tele-ringed through the hedge. I think this was at an event, if I'm not mistaken..

All in all, and I'll repeat this one last time.. fights are where you want them to be. Another example was my Despise neighborhood of mine.. that place used to be a damn HOTSPOT for PvP.. they would literally recall/gate to my place looking for fights. Go create the location of PvP. Don't just go to the one place you know where it's at..

Freight Elevator

Wouldn't be so bad if magic worked in town. I don't mind that much when a group of reds has to stop at the guard line because the blues are seeking protection..but when any player can run to the guard-line and nullify all magic spells it really is a bummer.