Maker's Marks -- a little mule love

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Jaded Gamer

Maker's Marks -- a little mule love

Post by Jaded Gamer »

It can be a bit disappointing to work up certain crafting skills like tinker and carpenter, and be unable to craft exceptional items except for tools, staves and musical instruments. What about the finely crafted tables, candelabras, thrones, etc?

Now we all know that there really is no difference between an exceptional table and a regular one, but that brand name means a lot for RP prestige, and it IS era accurate to include it:

Maker's Mark Nov 23 1999 2:40PM CST

Maker’s Marks

Some of the trade skills will be enhanced to allow for more flexibility and personalization of their wares. These enhancements will affect Tailors, Carpenters, Blacksmiths, and Tinkers.

* In addition to Blacksmiths and Tailors – Bowcrafters, Carpenters and Tinkers will now be able to craft "exceptional" items.
* Exceptional marking works as follows: As an example, an exceptional katana made by a non-Grandmaster smith or made by a Grandmaster smith who chooses not to put his makers mark, will now say, "a katana of exceptional quality". An exceptional katana made by a Grandmaster smith who chooses to place his maker's mark on it will say, "a katana crafted with exceptional quality by..." This will be true for all exceptional items.
* When a Grandmaster creates an exceptional item, a window will appear asking if they wish to place their mark on the item. Selecting "okay" will place the creator’s name on the item when examined (single clicked). Selecting "cancel" will not put the maker's mark on the item.
Please?

Safir
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Maker's Marks -- a little mule love

Post by Safir »

I agree, I'd love to see this implemented. Although I read somewhere that the goal is to recreate the era with patches up to like Oct 1999 if I remember correctly, but the definitive line UOSA/Derrick won't cross is Jan 1st 2000. So I'd say this is a valid point in the "picking and choosing" of what parts of the era the community wants to implement, and seeing as this is a fairly harmless thing, why not?

I really hope this is added! ;)

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Aye, Nov is getting a little past our cut-off date, but it's still valid. We do have other crafting features that were introduced in Nov and Dec 1999.

This will be on the list of things to do, but I can't say when it might get done.

Jaded Gamer

Post by Jaded Gamer »

Derrick wrote:Aye, Nov is getting a little past our cut-off date, but it's still valid. We do have other crafting features that were introduced in Nov and Dec 1999.

This will be on the list of things to do, but I can't say when it might get done.
Yay!!

*claps her hands excitedly*

Type6

Post by Type6 »

Would be a nice addition!

Fwerp
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Fwerp »

Not to be a party pooper, but I don't remember makers' marked tables...just Q's.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

I don't remember them either. I guess it warrants further investigation into exactly what was mark-able. I am certain of course that Carpenters couple craft Exceptional Quarter-staffs, but they already can on UOSA.

Finesse

Post by Finesse »

is suggest searching stratics featured for this personaly i dont think i ever recall it being marked. although it wouldent hurt anyone to add it only improve the system i cant see anyone having a problem with it.

Silverfoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Silverfoot »

That patch note says nothing about what items can be of exceptional quality or if all items made by those crafting skills can be. As was said above, I don't ever remember tables having maker's marks on them.

Faust

Post by Faust »

My understanding was that only items that could be made of exceptional quality with this patch were items that had hitpoints such as weapons(staves new addition) and tools. I will look into this when I have the time to be certain.

Coffee
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Coffee »

Faust wrote:My understanding was that only items that could be made of exceptional quality with this patch were items that had hitpoints such as weapons(staves new addition) and tools.
This is correct.