bring em back

Topics related to Second Age
Notorious

Re: bring em back

Post by Notorious »

bruh wtf events created competition and leaderboards, in which this game is lacking. people like to be the best and thats why the events were dope as fuck i could care less about player ran and gm ran events cause to be real they are boring i dont give a fuck about a dungeon run i wanna join a 2v2 and make someone cry

Notorious

Post by Notorious »

azheman wrote:I vote ban anyone that talks about bringing events back.

youre irrelevant no one likes you

Notorious

Post by Notorious »

Last edited by Notorious on Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Gork

Post by Gork »

Also the events had a set time .... no matter what! Player ran events can fall through the cracks because RL gets involved...

So people knew specific times to come on and for a fact that it would happen!

All that being said.... I'd like to thank everyone who has been hosting player ran events.

I know it is near impossible to keep player ran events going because of the tremendous cost on the people hosting.

The =U= will be hosting another 1v1 WWF event ( part II ) coming soon.

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

Notorious wrote:bruh wtf events created competition and leaderboards, in which this game is lacking. people like to be the best and thats why the events were dope as fuck i could care less about player ran and gm ran events cause to be real they are boring i dont give a fuck about a dungeon run i wanna join a 2v2 and make someone cry
While I agree, look at it from this perspective. The followup to a lack of formal competition and leaders has spawned an age of IRC PvP, which is even dying. It's dying because staff even wants to moderate that, also which has made players leave.

Something I've come to the conclusion on, and that certain staff that I have talked to seem completely oblivious to, is that staff are anti-PvP and this shard is a PvP era with trammel staff. They don't like violence, they don't like the juvenile verbal pokes and prods, and they surely don't appreciate the community advancement of PvP at any level. It's my theory that the view remains that long term players are the crafters, the roleplayers, and all of the non-PvP subgroups (Boolean logic, all I got). I personally cannot find anything more false in that sense. The staff realize that this server is on the decline and I believe them to have favor on their own bias. However, I don't know the origin spawn of the bias. It strikes me rather odd that all staff that I've discussed PvP, grief, and harassment with feel the exact same sentiments towards it. I'm not pointing fingers, but I'd say on a micro-level, and specifically for issues like this, there's only one culprit.

I've spoke out many times that I don't think events are necessary, rather a strong community effort is. But honestly, with Boomland citing that staff is more active than ever and there being no real reason other than accuracy versus immediate success, I find it troubling that specific burden should be instilled on the community itself.

And before I hear one line of redundant retort about how player events can suffice in replacement of staff run events, read these few sentences about convenience and the necessity of convenience. I'll start strong: This game is old and players have real obligations. Thus, having staff run events (automated), reliability and more occurrence are vital. They're vital in the highly believed and well documented sense of the strength they bring in the community. The regularity and ensured happening of events force people who normally only gossip about each other to socialize and realize their peers and enemies alike are truly human beings, with unique and most of the time interesting personalities. Thus, playing together, even when killing each other and stroking themselves about it later is exactly that, playing.

I have personally volunteered my wealth in silver before to barely assisted GM automated events. I understand from a player's perspective that T2A is only unique, especially on this server of which I adore greatly, because of its PvP. My offer on these events was that I'll give 6 silver per day on a month trial basis where GMs just have to create trophies one time a day or even in bulk, and if willing, rename them with the winners' names. I have every type of property in the game unused and able to function for events, of which I would vary and run mostly by myself and with the aid of a few select gentleman. I'm now making this a public offer. Take it or leave it.

And before anyone quotes Derrick about making my own server, or Kaivan about his anal approach to era accuracy, which in almost every single case besides this I respect, consider this server's future. I know that UOF will crumble, and players will come back + play IPY3. I know that IPY3 isn't worth investing time in, and that people will play both servers because of their innate responsibility to greed. I know that UOR is a joke and no one really plays there. So yes, I know UOSA will survive. However, I'm speaking for the disgruntled mass here as an opinion, a helper, and a promoter of all things UOSA. While my suggestions are anti-UOSA in principle, they're socially everything that UOSA and its population desires.
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

GtH

Post by GtH »

Vega, no one cares.

1/1/14.

Menkaure
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Menkaure »

Brilliant post vega.

One thing that maybe we can all get an answer to is this, what's the real reason events aren't here right now? Is it era accuracy? Because if that's the case then there's an issue everywhere with gem encrusted mobs and silver Xmas trophies. Honestly if we are going to have gem encrusted super mobs why not just make an event for a mob of the month because neither are era accurate? Whether you slightly mess with era accuracy by upping mobs and making them drop gems, or you give a mob of the month with insane loot n powers, either way its still messing with era accuracy. You guys made trophies for player run events, why not just bring automated ones back? Or is it because of the stat loss res exploit? If that's the case maybe we can get some guys together to try n program a fix? Or just make it so only blues can enter events?
I think speak for the majority of pro eventers that we don't care about prizes. We care about how fun they were. We cared about the record books and we cared about doing something other than fighting at the gy.
We are all probably wasting our breath but its been close to 3 years and we are at the worst population moment since like 08. Can we at least get an answer as to why this is such a breaking of a commandment?
Derrick... You loved events. And uosa had the best. Why do you not want them back?
GO SKINS
Catskills 1997-2002ish

farnk

Post by farnk »

[18:54] <@Derrick> I did like the events, and if I played here I'd vote yes too

[18:54] <@Derrick> However I'm not in that position, it's not going to happen

SOMETHING DOESN'T MAKE SENSE

Menkaure
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Menkaure »

farnk wrote:[18:54] <@Derrick> I did like the events, and if I played here I'd vote yes too

[18:54] <@Derrick> However I'm not in that position, it's not going to happen

SOMETHING DOESN'T MAKE SENSE

Well... What the f***?

Ok so wait is he saying its up to us to vote? If that's the case we already did so and events won like 89% of the vote to bring them back. Or is he saying someone else is in charge and he's just been a figure head?
Big D can we get some light shed on this? Has Kaivan been the uosa ruler all along since you've been on hiatus?
GO SKINS
Catskills 1997-2002ish

Flea

Post by Flea »

My Idea For ages has been for them to make a duplicate shard. They want this shard to be as era accurate as possible. Cool, enjoy 35 players.

In the mean time make a clone shard adding things like events, a revamped silver system, no real "rules" on what ITEMS are/are not era accurate. Have the T2A mechanics when it comes to PVP/Lines of sight/ and general rules... (minus no spell damage in town) Create a new sandbox for us to play in. It's not a democracy here, but we'd be able to let capitalism decide which of these shards would live and which would die, or perhaps they could both survive but one with much fewer players than the other.

UOSA : FUN

Boondock_Saint
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Boondock_Saint »

Wasn't there a hangman last night??
[quote="Downs"]All the cool kids saw your wizard tears. [/quote]

[21:32] <[Rose]> scurvy is the new chumbucket

keelonzo
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by keelonzo »

This entire argument reminds me of something that happened while I was a sales manager:

Company wants accounts/Salesman wants accounts

Company wants money/Salesman wants money

Company wants mores sales but invests less money in leads/ Salesman has to ultimately rely on his own resources to obtain sales

Sales decline

Company puts pressure to re-invent selling/think "outside the box" to obtain new accounts

Company wonders why sales have declined/ Salesman is interviewing at a different company

*Bullshit* Give us resources and we will flourish - constrict the support and we will wither. Those left "thinking outside the box" get their paychecks halved and the company is still wanting more and getting less.

If you want a larger population - ENABLE the population to be larger - shouldn't have to BURDEN it to come up with its own relevance to the rest of the world.

I suggested this over 6 months ago - create a donation drive to re-establish events. I am absolutely positive that all of these weeping wizards will shell out some cash to cover costs of the server to implement a new event system that is fully automated and works out the "red stat res bugs."

Menkaure
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Menkaure »

Me abyz n a few others said in a post from abyz that we would all subscribe if they were brought back. Unfortunately they don't care :P.
GO SKINS
Catskills 1997-2002ish

GleepGlop

Post by GleepGlop »

We are all probably wasting our breath but its been close to 3 years and we are at the worst population moment since like 08.
Maybe, just maybe automated events aren't causing this?

Don't people usually just say every time this comes up that automated events just lead to a segment of the playerbase doing little else other than logging in for some pre-scheduled fun? Seems like this the case whether events exist or don't

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

GleepGlop wrote:
We are all probably wasting our breath but its been close to 3 years and we are at the worst population moment since like 08.
Maybe, just maybe automated events aren't causing this?

Don't people usually just say every time this comes up that automated events just lead to a segment of the playerbase doing little else other than logging in for some pre-scheduled fun? Seems like this the case whether events exist or don't
Read my post please.
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.