bring em back

Topics related to Second Age
Notorious

Re: bring em back

Post by Notorious »

events bring the whole shard together honestly who remembers domination and ctf those were siiick

Menkaure
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Menkaure »

Notorious wrote:events bring the whole shard together honestly who remembers domination and ctf those were siiick
Ctf was probably the most fun I had on uo since 1997
GO SKINS
Catskills 1997-2002ish

Menkaure
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Menkaure »

How bout an update?
GO SKINS
Catskills 1997-2002ish

Azeroth

Post by Azeroth »

This thread is a waste of time. I remember talking to a staff member about it in Vent i forget who it was and they said the only reason they couldn't fix the event's was the person who coded them was no longer a staff member.
so i asked who it was they didn't tell me then come to found out i remember nevermore was a staff member at the time and was buddy buddy with crew so yeah!.

Menkaure
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Menkaure »

Well, this does make sense. I guess it was all just a fools hope anyway.
GO SKINS
Catskills 1997-2002ish

Notorious

Post by Notorious »

they have it coded somewhere in some archive deep on some hardrive

montier

Post by montier »

Azeroth wrote:This thread is a waste of time. I remember talking to a staff member about it in Vent i forget who it was and they said the only reason they couldn't fix the event's was the person who coded them was no longer a staff member.
so i asked who it was they didn't tell me then come to found out i remember nevermore was a staff member at the time and was buddy buddy with crew so yeah!.

I call bull, If Derrick is a developer/programmer and he is capable of doing the other changes he has made, he likely capable to doing anything he wants with events. The reason for not bringing back event lies elsewhere. I am not saying it would be easy or fun. Just that it is likely not a reason.(unless the code is crap and just unworkable..) In the real world I am programmer.

or ...

Now if the code is lost and the creator is gone, that is a whole other matter all together.. that means starting from scratch. Lot's more work

this is all supposition...

Menkaure
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Menkaure »

Truth is, IMO,
Kaivan don't want them back, so their not back :P
GO SKINS
Catskills 1997-2002ish

Bixby Legbone

Post by Bixby Legbone »

I miss capture the flag. it was great fun (on other shards I played that had it). If it's missing code.. it has to be out there with the other shards that have it. I imagine it could be acquired by some means.

Lord Mammoth

Post by Lord Mammoth »

Just to put the rumor to rest regarding the code being lost or Derrick not being able to fix them. The old automated events were created by Derrick prior to the shard opening over 6 years ago. The old code is not lost and we can fix them or make new ones if that is the decision.
Lord Mammoth

Boondock_Saint
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Boondock_Saint »

I would love a weekly ctf.. those were a lot of fun..
[quote="Downs"]All the cool kids saw your wizard tears. [/quote]

[21:32] <[Rose]> scurvy is the new chumbucket

Brules

Post by Brules »

Lord Mammoth wrote:Just to put the rumor to rest regarding the code being lost or Derrick not being able to fix them. The old automated events were created by Derrick prior to the shard opening over 6 years ago. The old code is not lost and we can fix them or make new ones if that is the decision.
That is excellent news. The overall response seems to be: bring them back but make some changes.

Is there any estimate on when a response from the staff may be forthcoming?

Lord Mammoth

Post by Lord Mammoth »

No estimate
Lord Mammoth

LudKrud

Post by LudKrud »

The best events were player driven with GM participation.......Maybe Im a little biased but the events where URK took over Cove,Skara Brae and tried to take vesper were a blast.

The last one I was in was when our fort got wrecked......21 or so URK and about 75 or so umies and their pets.....totally the most fun ever on this server.

The problem with that is it actually takes effort from players to get set up,and even though there is a lot of whining I doubt those same people will put some effort of their own to get anything going,they just want to cry and have something handed to them....

Dumhed umies.........NOOOOGGGRRAAHH URK!!!!!

Menkaure
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Menkaure »

LudKrud wrote:The best events were player driven with GM participation.......Maybe Im a little biased but the events where URK took over Cove,Skara Brae and tried to take vesper were a blast.

The last one I was in was when our fort got wrecked......21 or so URK and about 75 or so umies and their pets.....totally the most fun ever on this server.

The problem with that is it actually takes effort from players to get set up,and even though there is a lot of whining I doubt those same people will put some effort of their own to get anything going,they just want to cry and have something handed to them....

Dumhed umies.........NOOOOGGGRRAAHH URK!!!!!
Player events like urks are great when there's actual players here.
Both shadow clan and blood rock are dead and server has like 250-300 on at its peak and that's not even an ip count so, yea, events IMO are needed.
Also, about no estimate, talk about a dick tease. Oh well I stopped playing and am in refresh house mode/give to newbs anyway.
GO SKINS
Catskills 1997-2002ish