[SUGGESTION] Disallow Vulgar Character Names

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Fwerp
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: [SUGGESTION] Disallow Vulgar Character Names

Post by Fwerp »

Most, but not all of these names would be allowed on OSI.

And if you're going to change their names, you should give them some say. It'd suck to have your name changed to something stupid randomly when you've broken now rules.

Salest

Post by Salest »

Fwerp wrote:Most, but not all of these names would be allowed on OSI.
Most? Your memory is obviously warped. Vulgar names were never allowed. I was forced to change the names of a few characters back in the day due to them being innuendos.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

We've been manually censoring names as we see them for a long time, but there's no algorythym in place to detect these on creation.

I agree though, most of the mentioned players are defunct accts and they about be gone though an fixed for the sake of the website as well.

Teknix
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Teknix »

I got my account PERMA banned (i just started a new one) for making a character named HunglikeKong

no bad words or anything, but it was offensive. this should be used at some sort of basis for judging whether or not a name is acceptable or not. this was on napa valley if it matters at all...
chumbucket wrote:
GomerPyle wrote:chum RPs a thief
Roleplays?!?