Reagents on the ground in Moonglow

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
a troll

Reagents on the ground in Moonglow

Post by a troll »

Hi y'all!

I remember a ton of reagents being on the ground in Moonglow. There's not very many on this shard, and since this shard is pretty accurate I'm wondering if this might have been a shard-by-shard thing.

I played on both Lake Superior and Siege Perilous in particular, and I remember newbies would stand around and pick these things up off the ground. Siege Perilous was a bit of a 'late T2A' shard, but I still remember the huge reagent spawn being there.

Or is my mind playing tricks on me? Did this actually come later?

slida

Re: Reagents on the ground in Moonglow

Post by slida »

The reason(I assume) that there are not regs on the ground everywhere to reduce strain on the server, this seems to be a RunUO default. It is not as difficult to acquire regs here because of the lower population and the way the vendors work, doubling their stock when the run out. You can, at times, buy several hundred of any given type.

Faust

Post by Faust »

One problem with this instance is that OSI used server boundaries. It is well known that a boundary ran through Moonglow. All spawned creatures and reagents would hit the boundary on both sides more so than anywhere else. Server boundaries would tend to collect many creatures and regs. RunUO does not use server boundaries unlike OSI.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

I'll take a look at the reagent spawns on Verity Isle. Thanks.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Faust wrote:One problem with this instance is that OSI used server boundaries. It is well known that a boundary ran through Moonglow. All spawned creatures and reagents would hit the boundary on both sides more so than anywhere else. Server boundaries would tend to collect many creatures and regs. RunUO does not use server boundaries unlike OSI.
Is that why this happened! Cool information

a troll

Post by a troll »

Faust wrote:One problem with this instance is that OSI used server boundaries. It is well known that a boundary ran through Moonglow. All spawned creatures and reagents would hit the boundary on both sides more so than anywhere else. Server boundaries would tend to collect many creatures and regs. RunUO does not use server boundaries unlike OSI.
That's really interesting. Cool. :)