Issue with Remove Trap skill

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
dinodude

Issue with Remove Trap skill

Post by dinodude »

Being a pure treasure hunter, i have GM Remove Trap. However, when attempting a level 4 treasure chest - it can take 10 mins+ to remove the trap. Unfortunately, there have been many chests where i cannot REMOVE the TRAP at all, in a suitable amount of time. This is also the case with GM tink/carp trapped boxes.

Being that i am aiming to use the remove trap skill on a level 5 treasure chest, i do feel this needs to be looked into. Having spent many an hour and much resources to GM this skill, i do feel the skill is underpowered.

I understand i could just telekenisis these chests, but do not feel that it fits into my charcter's approach to treasure hunting.

Any info or help in changing this issue will be greatfully received!

ClowN

Re: Issue with Remove Trap skill

Post by ClowN »

wow i dont think iv actually ever met someone with GM remove trap. bet it was a pain

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Correction: I bet that consumed alot of purple potions.

dinodude

Post by dinodude »

Aye there aren't many of us out there dedicated enough to this skill! Thats why having consumed that many purple pots i am agrieved that the skill is not as useful as it says on the bottle!

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

I'v never actually used it, but I only have a dungeon-chest lockpicker and I use telekenesis on the t-map ones. The dungron chests you can simply stealth back 1 tile from and open without taking damage. But 10 minutes? Surely this is isnt really how long it takes?

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

The numbers were a little off. Thanks for bringing this to my attention, will be adjusted slightly on next publish.