bring em back

Topics related to Second Age
GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: bring em back

Post by GuardianKnight »

The events became a silver farming operation for 1 or 2 people. Not the same people all the time, but it didn't really scream equality. No one should have to fight the champion every game to win any prizes. That was what our pvp events were; fighting the champ every game. I remember being new and seeing Sandro's trophy's lining a whole castle top. I don't know if they were all still his, but they all had his name on them. It was very disconcerting.

The only moderately equal pvp events were teh ones where we could all gang up on the pvp gods. They all eventually just brought alts to avoid the ganks and the loss of face. The only equal to all events were the ones that gave out the less rewards. I found that to be very sad.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

Rammar
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Rammar »

GuardianKnight wrote:The events became a silver farming operation for 1 or 2 people. Not the same people all the time, but it didn't really scream equality. No one should have to fight the champion every game to win any prizes. That was what our pvp events were; fighting the champ every game. I remember being new and seeing Sandro's trophy's lining a whole castle top. I don't know if they were all still his, but they all had his name on them. It was very disconcerting.

The only moderately equal pvp events were teh ones where we could all gang up on the pvp gods. They all eventually just brought alts to avoid the ganks and the loss of face. The only equal to all events were the ones that gave out the less rewards. I found that to be very sad.
The Tourneys were rough, and only a very small subset of players got any 'prize', and usually a significant one comparatively, agreed. The same could be said about Survival, although with only 4 people at a time, your odds were a lot better being paired against fewer people or less skilled ones.

Either way, that was clearly not his argument. I'd be just peachy with a ctf or dd, reward or not, pay to enter or not.

Menkaure
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Menkaure »

iamreallysquall wrote:"To quote Lelouche: "1v1 Tournament is Scheduled to begin in 15 minutes" "Sandro has logged in"), but honestly I'd rather have people playing a little over not at all. "
they aren't playing at all or real members of this community if only logging in just to exist in trammel events, was the point in that statement. the fact numbers revolved around the automated event schedule is sicking as towards the end of events it was what a big chunk peoples play schedules revolved around. all you pansys wont log in without are events Well hats of to you then peace you won't be missed. You complain and want it content handed to you automatically a silver platter on a schedule. Go out and make content happen, i did this for months in the field and created alot of fun pvp via grief , fielding etc among other things. you all complain you want bigger community and put events up on the pedastal as the magic fix when you can't be fucked to log in and create your own pvp tourneys / fights etc. Event gates have opened - the field empties out - was the saddest shit ever and i know tg will back me up on this as they used still be one of the few in the field during events . if they weren't spectating the trammel events. im glad automated events were abused in ways that got them wiped of the face of the shard finally (which is why i spoke up about all the crap you guys were abusing and what was broken )
Lol where do I begin...
1)who are you?
2)from what I've seen the only people that don't want events were the ones who sucked at pvp and cried about not getting silver which is funny since silvers more trammel then the event itself. So I'm guessing you can't fight worth a damn either.
3)we have all said multiple times we could care
Less about the silver. Not only that, but we don't even care about the tourneys other than the ranking system since tourneys can be recreated easily. What we DO care about are the ones that can't be created like ctf, bag ball, double Dom etc; and all those events I just named can easily have a player who just bank sits and pvms like yourself win/have fun.
4)you even said yourself you'd rather see someone log on for a small period of time then not at all. Well, this is how to get that to happen.
5)if you actually pvpd you'd know that the most populated times to pvp/field/have fun was the hour before events and the hour after. Bucs den was INSANE after an event was over. It was awesome.
Lastly, you minority who don't want ctf bag ball etc back keep it up, heck I've already accepted they aren't coming back. Its just sad because this servers down to less than 200/night. Whenever it gets down to less than 100, are you then going to keep telling the gms "good job" for keeping up with the no event policy? Or, will you just maybe think "we should try something because this place ain't gonna make it much longer"?
They aren't coming back. I get that. But its idiots like you who have no idea how much 20-40 people logging in for an event actually helps the server population. But keep on pvming and bank sitting bro, when this server goes down to 10 people I just hope you have someone to bank sit with.
GO SKINS
Catskills 1997-2002ish

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

I had a good memory of Chuck E cheeses as a kid. ONe of my happier memories, actually. I just thought..."maybe I could reproduce that happier memory by going back".

I went back to Chuck E cheeses as an adult. LIttle rodent children running everywhere, loud people, and the food ws nasty.

Don't try to bring things back, hoping to recreate something that used to be. The best you can do is move forward and find something new to add to your memories.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

Menkaure
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Menkaure »

GuardianKnight wrote:I had a good memory of Chuck E cheeses as a kid. ONe of my happier memories, actually. I just thought..."maybe I could reproduce that happier memory by going back".

I went back to Chuck E cheeses as an adult. LIttle rodent children running everywhere, loud people, and the food ws nasty.

Don't try to bring things back, hoping to recreate something that used to be. The best you can do is move forward and find something new to add to your memories.
One flaw in that system gk.
This is an era accurate shard so it has a ceiling.
It can't move forward like osi did with uor, aos etc;
So, in this unique situation sometimes its good to bring back the "Chuck E Cheese" if you will.
GO SKINS
Catskills 1997-2002ish

inkognito
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by inkognito »

GuardianKnight wrote:I had a good memory of Chuck E cheeses as a kid. ONe of my happier memories, actually. I just thought..."maybe I could reproduce that happier memory by going back".

Ya am I the only one that read this and thought you were describing our beloved shard and it's goal?
Li Meiyang wrote:Banned for"trashtalking for no reason"
Inkognito was flamebaiting me with all the "no" stuff.WTF is that?
Inkognito●GM Provocation

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

Maybe the natural progression should be to move on to other shards when you are tired of the one that is limited to an era. Once you get tired of an era, move to the new era.

I get that we want to stay here. We desperately want to MAkE this place into something we can stay with, but it isn't helping us help it. UOSA is what it is. UOSA is a page in history that we will eventually turn and move on to the next page until the book ends. We may re read the book one more time even after that, but we all know how the story ends and where the characters are going. If you aren't the type who wants to reread the same book every day, uosa's author has outright told you that he isn't going to change its ending.

I know we shouldn't tell people to go somewhere else, but that really is the only logical conclusion. Move on. This isn't your entire life. THis is a video game that has no intention of evolving into anything but what you see now. YOu have to accept it or find something new.

Menkaure
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Menkaure »

I still don't think bringing events back is changing the shard. Hence the words "bringing it back." Your bringing something back that was already here for years and then it was taken away. Its not a change its returning something that once was strong.
GO SKINS
Catskills 1997-2002ish

Abyz
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Abyz »

BEB! If you don't like events, don't participate. Duh.
hoaxbusterscall.blogspot.com

Notorious

Post by Notorious »

bring em back

Abyz
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Abyz »

Seriously. Please. Remove your heads from your backsides. Pvp is pretty much dead, and has been for long enough. Bring them back, for the sake of Pete.

JessieKJepsen
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by JessieKJepsen »

^

Abyz
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Abyz »

SIGH

Notorious

Post by Notorious »

its quite depressing :( bet you if they would bring them back maybe there would be a community again on uosa

Arsen
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Arsen »

bring them back so i can come back!
[22:00:50] <@Dupre> arsen isnt raging, hes jsut german, it just sounds taht way
[22:00:58] <@Dupre> hes actually very calm and gentle
[22:03:54] <@Dupre> arsen is also the best player here