Potions in EVENTS.

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Kraarug
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Potions in EVENTS.

Post by Kraarug »

venox wrote:maybe have a pot count, and you get to choose what you spend it on.

as an example

30pots

and thus i may choose:
6 heal
10 cure
5 refresh
2 str
2 agl
3 dp
2 exp

i suggest this because different character have diff strengths, and well dexxers will just get punished by poison spell if they dont have a method to cure
and thus each player can choose how to best counter such things. well the idea is there. i know there is cross curing but that isnt always reliable in chaotic warfare.
The problem with a choice of potions is that... can you imagine the coding and testing involved with setting that up?

I mean.. come on.. make it simple. Everyone gets the same amount of potions, regs, bandaids.

As far as restocking? Being able to 'restock' in the game is just defeating the whole purpose of writing any code. If a player could restock or share or tranfer what they have.. then why even bother.

Keep it simple:

Upon enering the game a player takes in only the weapons, armor and clothing they have with them.

Their backpack is clear except for:

75-100 of each reagent
3-5 beneficial potions
2-3 poisons
2-3 explosion potions
75-100 bandaids
No trade windows!

THEN, the game is about fighting, staying alive and conserving your resources. There would be some sence of game play reality and add an element that is sorely missing.

Poisoners can use their poison and easily deplete one or two dexxers of their cures.

If someone wanted to drop a weapon and have another player pick it up, then they'd have to drop it on the ground and risk others picking it up.

venox

Post by venox »

well you see my point as an offensive tactic. and i am all for this idea.
yet a simple dexxer gets owned without cure.
and if you have to run out the fry everytime you get poisoned and have to wait 18 second to cure and 15 to heal. because a mage has spammed poison on you 5 times.
just got to consider different templates is all im suggesting.

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hemperor »

The problem with a choice of potions is that... can you imagine the coding and testing involved with setting that up?
That would actually be some easy shit...

Clearly you underestimate Derrick! ..or have no clue about programming :)

[22:26] <ian> why am i making 3750 empty kegs
[22:27] <ian> 1125000 for 3750 empty kegs
----------------------------------------
[10:44] <ian> a good cat is a dead cat

Tagarr

Post by Tagarr »

This goes back to what I mentioned at the start;

Each player would be prompted with a window to choose how many of which potion types they wanted. (to a maximum of 30?) Once chosen, this would be saved as "defaults" for each character.

However, when you die and require a restock, you would have the ability to change your "defaullt" potions, or you can simply hit a button that implies "Restock me with my default potion choices."
Anyway i want essence of tag to come to atlantic too, that boy smoked me in legend few months ago, i like his dueling style.
- Bud of Atlantic

<Binky> Tagarr do you guys live in derricks basement?
<Binky> Do you guys ping like 3?

venox

Post by venox »

sounds good