Tailoring macro keeps getting stuck on "wait for menu (any)"

Moderator: Support Moderators

Brunell

Tailoring macro keeps getting stuck on "wait for menu (any)"

Post by Brunell »

I have a razor macro that is just set to make studded leather gorgets, I have many delays between every step and it eventually just gets hung up on "wait for menu (any)" heres my macro

dlb click kit
wait for target
target leather by type
pause 5.00 seconds
wait for menu (any) <----gets hung here
pause 3 seconds
menu response 3
pause 2
wait for menu (any) <---- or here
pause 3
menu response 1
pause 11

this is very frustrating, I dunno what else to do

EVeee
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Tailoring macro keeps getting stuck on "wait for menu (any)"

Post by EVeee »

Brunell wrote:I have a razor macro that is just set to make studded leather gorgets, I have many delays between every step and it eventually just gets hung up on "wait for menu (any)" heres my macro

dlb click kit
wait for target
target leather by type
pause 5.00 seconds
wait for menu (any) <----gets hung here
pause 3 seconds
menu response 3
pause 2
wait for menu (any) <---- or here
pause 3
menu response 1
pause 11

this is very frustrating, I dunno what else to do
I haven't done tailoring but I've set up a lot of macros, so I can help you. Put pauses after the "wait for" parts but not before. Putting a pause before causes the hang-up. I usually do pause 800 after Wait for Target but for crafting skills just a little bit longer. I think your macro should look something like this:

dlb click kit
wait for target
pause 1.20 sec
target leather by type
wait for menu (any)
pause 1.2 sec
menu response 3
wait for menu (any)
pause 1.2 sec
menu response 1
pause 11

You may have to tinker with the actual timing of 1.2 a bit but I believe this is the answer.

Safir
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Safir »

I agree, the "wait for menu" is a sufficient pause in itself, so no need to pause before that.

Good luck! ;)

Proselyte

Post by Proselyte »

In my tailor macros I have removed all the Wait for Target/Menu and replaced them with pauses, usually .5 - .75 seconds depending on how the macro seems to run.

Also when targeting my hides/cloth I use absolute target and just make sure and restock (and start with!) a few more hides/cloth than I will use for whatever item I am crafting. This seems to cause less hang-ups since you're always using the same target. You will sometimes need to right-click the absolute target line and use the re-target option but only when you're just starting to run the macro or if you interact with the pile at all.

Also keep in mind as you gain skill and depending on how many hides/cloth you are trying to use the menu options may change. For example: if you're skill goes up while you are macroing, then selecting female armor might become menu option 4 instead of menu option 3 which will have changed to studded.

Return to “New Player Help”