Application for URK Town Improment

A place to pull up a stool, drink an ale, and share your sagas with fellow patrons. (Roleplay Forum - In Character Only)
Forum rules
This forum is strictly for in-game RP and storyline related info. For more general discussion, please post in General Discussion or Other, as appropriate.

Do you support the URK town improvement?

Poll ended at Mon May 18, 2009 2:04 pm

Yes, I support the standing request.
94%
No, I do not support the standing request.
6%

Total votes: 33

Kraarug
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Application for URK Town Improment

Post by Kraarug »

URK would like to request the establishment of an Animal Trainer to be placed near the Crossroads Guard Tower in the center of our established town.

This would provide a valuable service to the community in a location frequented by many UOSA players.
Last edited by Kraarug on Sun May 17, 2009 1:49 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Wise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Application for URK Town Improment

Post by Wise »

I have a few questions first.

what events/community involvement have you guys done lately? (past month or so)

secondly, am I not mistaken that Orcs (unless special ranks) cannot ride mounts?

Finally can there even be a orc tamer? if so what is he allowed to tame? mongbats? small creatures would seem to be fittiing, it would be very far from RP allowing them to tame Dragons and such creatures that any mear orc would surely quiver at the feet of.

Thank you
Wise - [Guildmaster, $$$]- Owner of the $$$ Rune Tower & Trusted Merchant

SYNDICATE OF SUCCESSFUL SALESMEN
[$$$]Vendors - [$$$]Runes - [$$$]Events

Kraarug
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kraarug »

Wise wrote:I have a few questions first.

what events/community involvement have you guys done lately? (past month or so)

Well, I think the ground is shaking near the orc fort as I'm typing this and it seems like something is probably going to come to a head in just a few hours.

We also 'host' fort fights and toll booths on a frequent and regular basis. You are welcome to come to the fort with or with out shiines on most any night to try your luck.

Might I suggest bringing a keg or two of greater potions. Ingots would be nice as well as arrows. And of course, gold and gems are always welcome. Speaking some orc would help you survive a little longer.

Wise wrote:secondly, am I not mistaken that Orcs (unless special ranks) cannot ride mounts?
Orc do not ride horses or llamas, they are more for eating and we can not understand why uumies would want to sit on their food.

Berds tho, that's something different and they are acceptable to ride in most cases. (We don't kill them for food. Why eat something you'd want to ride???)

When we are in smaller groups or alone, all URKs may presently ride. It is quite a walk from the nearest town or stable just to stable ones ride and few players pass up a chance to 'interact' with a solo orc hoofing it across Britiania.

We would perfer for most of our ranks to be on foot when we are en masse and that is our goal.

With an animal tamer established in one of the oldest player run communities, we'd be able to go on foot more often and better enable role play. (This would also increase your chance of getting an orc helm from one of our members.)
Wise wrote:Finally can there even be a orc tamer? if so what is he allowed to tame? mongbats? small creatures would seem to be fittiing, it would be very far from RP allowing them to tame Dragons and such creatures that any mear orc would surely quiver at the feet of.
Yes, we have warg riders (tamers). I know of no restrictions.

I can tell you that berds and wargs (wolves) are something we all prize and we would love to have our ranks roam with their wargs by their side.

All this being said though, our 'improvements' are rather sparse and where we are planning to locate this animal trainer in an area accessible to many others. Possibly even other guild towns.

Wise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Wise »

Thanks for the answers, I just wanted to see how you responded to them :) and that all seems very fair,

you have my vote,

Thanks
Wise - [Guildmaster, $$$]- Owner of the $$$ Rune Tower & Trusted Merchant

SYNDICATE OF SUCCESSFUL SALESMEN
[$$$]Vendors - [$$$]Runes - [$$$]Events

Cataclyst

Post by Cataclyst »

Orcs aren't afraid of no silly dragons Wise! and yeah as Kraa said, without the use of Magery, its quite hard to get from point a to point b, and leaving your mount in a house, or random location just means someone will come along to kill it.

You won't have the problem with orcs storing 50 million dragons in the stable and when someone comes along claiming all and going nuts.

Currently I think I may be the only active? orc tamer.

As far as I know as well, there have been no restrictions presented to me, but you better believe I will zerg around with a pack of 4 wargs once i finish off the rest of my skills, so be wary! The Warg Rider is hungry for blood
(10:15:37 AM) mark: wana pk?
(10:15:41 AM) Cataclysm: all mine are dead, sigh
(10:15:44 AM) Cataclysm: thank weezy for one, spanky for the other
(10:15:49 AM) Cataclysm: and a dc for the third
(10:15:57 AM) mark: why u shouldnt team with ethnics

Clark_Kent
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Clark_Kent »

Based on Kraarug's well structured and thoughtful response to Wise's question, I vote a solid Yes. The orc's are a blast to roleplay with, especially with Clark Kent's obscure style of RP.
Chief Editor of The Daily Planet
chumbucket and Associates (cA)

Safir
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Safir »

The answers to the questions Wise posted are perfect and I fully support this!

What is a Berd? Is that orc for Bird? As in an Ostard? ;)

Kraarug
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kraarug »

Safir wrote:The answers to the questions Wise posted are perfect and I fully support this!

Yub, berd means ostard.

Safir
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Safir »

Kraarug wrote:
Safir wrote:The answers to the questions Wise posted are perfect and I fully support this!

Yub, berd means ostard.
Thanks for the clarification! ;)

In that case I'm wondering if the Orcs have any plans on what to ride when they in a few patches time realize that they have a hard time getting the Berds to follow them back home from T2A?

Kraarug
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kraarug »

Safir wrote:
Kraarug wrote:

Yub, berd means ostard.
Thanks for the clarification! ;)

In that case I'm wondering if the Orcs have any plans on what to ride when they in a few patches time realize that they have a hard time getting the Berds to follow them back home from T2A?

Well, my understanding is that berds will still be available on UOSA but should that change then we'd need to climb that hill when it does.

Safir
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Safir »

Kraarug wrote:
Safir wrote: Thanks for the clarification! ;)

Well, my understanding is that berds will still be available on UOSA but should that change then we'd need to climb that hill when it does.
Available, yes, but I think there was talk about "fixing" the "bug" where you can take T2A animals to the "normal" world.

Pro

Post by Pro »

I really see no reason for you not to have this and for ostards and llamas to be restricted to t2a.

Unlimited Bladeworks

Post by Unlimited Bladeworks »

Not allowing tamed rideables from the Lost Lands into Britannia is just unnecessary. Does this really need to be changed for "sake of T2A accuracy." I understand why game mechanics should be T2A era accurate as possible. But how are T2A rideables adversely affecting the game play? Maybe I'm just being ignorant. Can anyone tell me why this is such a pertinent issue? Especially, since there are other T2A inaccuracies that are more obvious than this... But they'll pick and choose what is era accurate at their discrepancy.

If you want to be T2A era accurate, ok fine. But don't have it both ways by being inconsistent.

Just follow this train of thought.

So as a GM tamer are you telling me..... you are so incompetent at your own profession that you can't bring your tamed T2A creatures wherever you go. That doesn't sound like a grandmaster at all. Sounds more like a novice... what a great idea.... not.

This is my main question concerning the new patch:

If you're mounted, riding a llama in Papua and say "recsu" to get back to Moonglow, will you still be mounted on the llama? Or will you dismount and the llama will be stuck in Papua?

If you can, then you'll just have to transport T2A rideables one at a time.

P.S. I don't have a tamer so this doesn't really affect me.

Kraarug
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kraarug »

I don't want to detail the conversation however I do want to comment on Ostards and llamas in T2A.

I've put my comments in the existing thread about the issue...

http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic. ... 948#p59948

Kraarug
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kraarug »

Thank you for the Support.

Our town now has an animal trainer under the cross roads guard shack.

She's a orc but understands umie commands.