Guild abreviations!!!

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
kill drizitz
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Guild abreviations!!!

Post by kill drizitz »

i was just at wbb and saw a guild with the abreviation "die" the guild is known as 007 is also gonna die [die].

big problem here. ive had the abreviation DiE for about a year now, and i know for a fact on OSI during this

era when you would put the same numbers/letters in for your guild abreviation, if it was already used, it would

say "that conflicts with an existing guild". it shouldnt matter if the letters are lower case or are capitalized,

it would always say that if they were the same 3 letters no matter what. i think this should be implimented.

:(

Pro

Re: Guild abreviations!!!

Post by Pro »

but then how will i ever join cA?

Eulogy

Post by Eulogy »

Aw, I thought you were going to mention the ability to have more than three characters in your abbreviation.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

This looks like a bug, as such I'mna more this over to bug reports. Guild abbreviation comparisons should not be case sensitive, however I'm not sure how to resolve existing conflicts in an acceptable way.

Faust

Post by Faust »

Unfortunately there isn't really a way to resolve existing abbreviations without some extensive work if I'm not mistaken. I would simply put a condition on any guild abbreviations for the future and leave it at that. The previous guild abbreviations would be grand fathered like so many situations like this before it eventually dwindling away over time.