PVP Tournament! No Rules, Llimited Supply!

Post your player run event here.
Forum rules
Please make the topic as descriptive and concise as possible. If your event has not been changed to sticky or announce and you would like it to be, please contact a staff member. Announced events, which show up on our main website Must include the event date in the topic title.
noxmonk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

PVP Tournament! No Rules, Llimited Supply!

Post by noxmonk »

Time: 6/14/2009 @ 7PM EST

Location: My Keep. I'm employing gaters to be at Britain, Moonglow, and Occlo(for those preferring less crowded areas), to gate you to it's location.

Registration: http://www.formspring.com/forms/?618089-bIHvVlxuiU - Fill this out. The form is very basic. Yes I know you can't smith chainmail gorgets, it doesn't allow for that kind of conditional logic. Please embrace the spirit of the form and ignore its inaccuracies. If there's a weapon I missed please notify me.

Entry Fee: 10k

PRIZES
First Place: 50k [This time around]
Most Innovative Build: 10k
Fastest Win: 10k

Event Particulars:
  • You will be given equipment listed on the equipment list.
  • Each duel will be 1v1 at the top of the keep, gates provided.
  • There will be a bracket for winners only unless there is a larger turnout, in which case a losers bracket may be formed.
  • You can use any skill combination you wish.
  • You can only use what is provided to you, with the exception of your spellbook, obviously the onus is on you to take care of that.
  • You will be snooped before each round, anyone shown to be cheating in any way will be banned and will not have the entry fee reimbursed.
  • You keep all weapons/armor from the event.
Equipment List:
  • 1 Set of GM made armor.[Head, Legs, Gorget, Arms, Hands, Chest, Shield]†
  • 2 GM Weapons. [This can not be changed from round to round]†
  • 50 of each reagent. [Judges will take each pack after each round and refresh when you are up again]
  • 2 Potions of your choosing. [DP, GE, GC, GH, Gstr, Gagi, TR - Will be available in kegs, others will be available via an alchemist on standby.]†
  • 2 Pouches. [If you can turn them into pop pouches, go for it. If not, too bad.]
  • 75 Arrows - if you are an archer.
  • 3 Additional bottles + Mortar if you are an alchemist.
† - Newbs will be given regular, storebought armor, weapons, and lower level potions so as to not allow 1 hitters combos with GE.

Notes on certain skills:
  • Snooping/Stealing: You are not permitted to snoop a pack before the duel, and are not allowed the use of razor item ID targets. We have no way to really police the razor macros, however if a judge feels something fishy may be afoot, it will be discussed.
  • Poisoners: Pre-poisoning before the start of a match will not be allowed. The decision is yet to be made whether to give out new weapons or simply gather some animals and attack them until we can ID the poison as gone.
  • Alchemists: You can only use the two bottles provided, no bringing extras. No making potions before the start of the event.
Notes from Nox:
Being that this is the first event I'm holding, and the first of its kind I'd ask the communities patience if we run into any snags in the tournament. I'm trying to create an environment where no one build will be dominant over all and skill and ingenuity will prevail. I'll also be asking for heavy feedback upto and after the event as far as what can be done to improve it. All constructive criticism welcome.

Prizes: I know they're a bit low, if the event is successful and there is high turnout I'll be able to increase the prizes and come up with new categories hopefully.

A note on Tamers and other Professions: I'm trying to figure out how to get tamers into the event, this will likely not happen until the second or third event is held as, pending the success of this one I would like to hold it monthly or even bi-weekly and do not wish to exclude as many talents as feasibly possible. I honestly think it would be entertaining seeing a stealth-tinker drop a box and telekinesis the box on top of someone and blow them up. Getting to that point would be ideal, however I'm realistic in the fact that it's highly unlikely to happen.
Last edited by noxmonk on Sun Jun 14, 2009 4:55 pm, edited 4 times in total.

ShastaMcNasty
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: PVP Tournament! No Rules, Llimited Supply!

Post by ShastaMcNasty »

fuckin cool...count me in!

[23:25] <chainsoar> some rat f#&* on foot just killed me with a single ebolt

[18:19] <MatrondeWinter> I once saw ShastaMcNasty kill chad- with only a pitchfork, 5 bandaids, and the unlock spell.

kenny

Post by kenny »

My bet is a combat thief winning this one, stealing all someones root then ash.

noxmonk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by noxmonk »

kenny wrote:My bet is a combat thief winning this one, stealing all someones root then ash.
=D There's been a lot of discussion about builds, who might win, and other things regarding the tournament between myself and a few others. There's a lot of theory and I know one or two people who have mentioned they might be building characters for future events of this style.

Hopefully we'll see some people showing up with some interesting builds and tactics.

son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!
Location: I put an r in it http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Player/67484

Post by son »

Im in, but mortars should match bottle count. 5 mortars if 5 bottle totals are supplied (2 pots of choosing and 3 additional bottles)

ps put a "notes" section in your form for better feeedback.
rdash wrote:BLACKFOOT STAY AWAY FROM MY FRIENDS OR MEET A BLADE OF VANQUISH AND ADDITIONAL TACTICS

noxmonk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by noxmonk »

son wrote:Im in, but mortars should match bottle count. 5 mortars if 5 bottle totals are supplied (2 pots of choosing and 3 additional bottles)

I'm sure that could be arranged. I'm willing to work with any of the spec's people are wanting to use to try and fit them into the tournament. Matron had some really cool ideas for spec's when I spoke with him. This is the test run, hopefullly we get a good turnout and people really like the format so we can make this a bi-weekly event!

Thanks for the feedback, I PM'd you about the notes section.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

noxmonk wrote:
son wrote:Im in, but mortars should match bottle count. 5 mortars if 5 bottle totals are supplied (2 pots of choosing and 3 additional bottles)

I'm sure that could be arranged. I'm willing to work with any of the spec's people are wanting to use to try and fit them into the tournament. Matron had some really cool ideas for spec's when I spoke with him. This is the test run, hopefullly we get a good turnout and people really like the format so we can make this a bi-weekly event!

Just making sure this quote stays posted.

noxmonk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by noxmonk »

MatronDeWinter wrote:
noxmonk wrote:

Just making sure this quote stays posted.
damn you.

noxmonk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by noxmonk »

When contacting me on vent, verify my /whois information incase of any imposters!

is noxmonk@pool-173-67-151-117.hrbgpa.fios.verizon.net

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hicha »

No bandages?
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter

noxmonk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by noxmonk »

hiicha wrote:No bandages?
=\ When you think you've gotten everything and you miss the most basic thing... ugh. 15 per duel.

I'm setting up brackets with the people who used the form and signed up, all other comers should bring a 10k check for entry.

There will be a gate in Occlo from 6PM EST to 6:45PM EST. When the gates are down, that will give us 15 minutes to prep anything that may need to be made and time to outfit people for the first duels.

noxmonk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by noxmonk »

Ventrilo will also be available if people are interested.

chromium.typefrag.com 13146

no password.

Return to “Player Run Events”