Any reason why we can't res people in houses?

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Derrick

Re: Any reason why we can't res people in houses?

Post by Derrick »

Kylock wrote:nice derrick, I'll have to start macroing some stealth chars -- even if they are found & killed can res and loot an hour or two later :D

Unless theres a timer on the gump when it comes up?
There are some limitations to how often you can do it, I don't have the info in front of me, and it's either a 5 or 10% stats/skills loss

silex
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by silex »

Derrick wrote:There are some limitations to how often you can do it, I don't have the info in front of me, and it's either a 5 or 10% stats/skills loss
Just need someone to open the door for alt characters ;)

randale

Post by randale »

Derrick wrote:
Kylock wrote:Can't remember when/if it was removed or not, but does anyone else remember the "resurrect with penalties" option? I looted several houses just with that. Would stealth in, even if they found me and killed me -- I'd wait 20-30mins, res with pen and loot em.
Res with penalties was removed when they introduced young status. It was fixed so that you couldn't move until you responded to the gump to fix the house break in exploit.

I've had this on my list of features to add for months. I do still plan to add it, and you will be able to disable it, as you could back then.

When was young status introduced? I remember buying T2A in December of 99, and my user manual did say I could res with a penalty, but it never gave me that option when I died.

TwoTon

Post by TwoTon »

i agree i never remember getting that option, i do remember companions

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

randale wrote: When was young status introduced? I remember buying T2A in December of 99, and my user manual did say I could res with a penalty, but it never gave me that option when I died.
I think Young status may have been in at that time, but only just barely.

You could disable the res-w-penalty in the client config file, but we will provide a method of disabling it in game.

alatar

Post by alatar »

It seems like there should be some limitations on this new res system. From what I gather now you can just kill yourself, walk in any house as a ghost, and then rez. Maybe a 'frozen = true' should be inplace untill you confirm/reject the instant ressurection gump.
#1 PK Guild on T2A
ironfistmax wrote:Alatar is one of the best PvPers I have known. I have played UO since 1998 and every free shard known to man. It's not questionable whether he is good or not.
Hemperor wrote:Alatar is a douche bag but at least he and cr3w would fight everyone.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

alatar wrote:It seems like there should be some limitations on this new res system. From what I gather now you can just kill yourself, walk in any house as a ghost, and then rez. Maybe a 'frozen = true' should be inplace untill you confirm/reject the instant ressurection gump.
Aye, that's the way it worked. You could not move after you died until you responded to the gump