Guildstones on ground.

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
Redbeard72

Guildstones on ground.

Post by Redbeard72 »

Yew moongate, head NE and theres one in front of a small house in front of my keep and another next to my keep to the NW. Thank you

Best Shard Ever !!!!!

Redbeard
Derrick wrote:

The second scenario is not extremely likely, but it is more likely now than it was previously.

Derrick

Re: Guildstones on ground.

Post by Derrick »

Redbeard72 wrote:Yew moongate, head NE and theres one in front of a small house in front of my keep and another next to my keep to the NW. Thank you

Best Shard Ever !!!!!

Redbeard
Thanks. got em.

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ronk »

Are guildstones on the ground era accurate? I don't ever remember them existing, shouldn't they decay or something?
------------------
The Bloodrock Orcs - http://www.bloodrock.org
Historic Bloodrock

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

I'm not at all sure what the accurate mecanism was here. I find it hard to belive that a guild would be disbanded becuase the stone hit the ground. I'd like to know the answer to this myself.

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ronk »

Derrick wrote:I'm not at all sure what the accurate mecanism was here. I find it hard to belive that a guild would be disbanded becuase the stone hit the ground. I'd like to know the answer to this myself.
I can't really remember either way if there were guildstones left on the ground, I don't believe so. But at the same time, I find it hard to believe the staff on OSI shards would move stones for people. And if stones were left on the ground, I would imagine the landscape would have had more empty space cluttered with stones.

I dunno know

Found this patch note from 2000:
http://update.uo.com/design_73.html
Guild Stone Decay
Guild stones will decay in approximately one week if they are not in a house.

* Guild members will be messaged each time they log in if their stone is subject to decay.
* The guild master of a guild will need turn the guild stone into a "teleport stone" before it decays.
Course this doesn't imply what happened prior to this change.
------------------
Historic Bloodrock

Batlin
wobble llama
wobble llama

Post by Batlin »

I guess the stones were indeed standing there forever, alone, taking up valuable housing space, and that's why they, the OSI Gods, invented that patch.
+ORC: If you give a man a crack he'll be hungry again tomorrow, but if you teach him how to crack, he'll never be hungry again.
chumbucket: I don't collect pixels.

Never trust the client. It's in the hands of the enemy : UO Demo internals @ JoinUO

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ronk »

Batlin wrote:
I guess the stones were indeed standing there forever, alone, taking up valuable housing space, and that's why they, the OSI Gods, invented that patch.
Alternatively, the stones went *poof* the moment the house decayed and OSI invented the patch to give a guild a chance to recover. I was scanning through screenshots of idoc's, and even tried to find a youtube movie, that would clearly show what happened...but no luck yet.
------------------
Historic Bloodrock

Baldamier

Post by Baldamier »

If guildstones aren't supposed to be on the ground, you should definitely check out Minax's Fortress in T2A. There are probably about 50 in that small area. You can barely walk. I've seen a few others as well. Being new to the server I just thought that's the way it was here.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

That area is the shards guildstone graveyard. When houses fall and people report a guildstone on the ground, we move them there instead of deleting them. If you are missing a guildstone, you should be able to find it there.

Faust

Post by Faust »

I had to call a GM once to move a stone for me that was blocking a two story house spot after a small house decay next to a small house that I owned on OSI. The Gm was actually pretty nice and moved/deleted the stone for me. This happened a lot before the patch in '00 fixed this issue from what I recall.

Return to “In Game Bug Reports”