Explosion potions the end all be all?

Topics related to Second Age
Arkosh Kovasz
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Explosion potions the end all be all?

Post by Arkosh Kovasz »

I'll be the first to admit that I've never really gotten deep into the PvP aspects of UO, more of a rogue character myself, but I have noticed from a few screenshots and PK threads that they all use the hell outta explosion potions. It looks like almost every kill ends with an purple potion. I remember trying to use them in the past and found them hard to time correctly. Is there a macro that is commonly used to reduce the error in throwing them or what?

Mirage
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Explosion potions the end all be all?

Post by Mirage »

Arkosh Kovasz wrote:I'll be the first to admit that I've never really gotten deep into the PvP aspects of UO, more of a rogue character myself, but I have noticed from a few screenshots and PK threads that they all use the hell outta explosion potions. It looks like almost every kill ends with an purple potion. I remember trying to use them in the past and found them hard to time correctly. Is there a macro that is commonly used to reduce the error in throwing them or what?
No I don't use a macro and I land pretty frequently. Times have changed and practice makes perfect 10 years ago not many people used purples. I'm sure you don't remember a lot of people using lightning wands either, but with the times of power gaming and this game being out so long the pvp has evolved.
Syntax of the Wolfpack (TW) - PVP Since 97'

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Yes people macro them, (not all people), but most do and probably wont admit it.

monkey555

Post by monkey555 »

Who the hell has time to practice wtf is the correct timing on macro?

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

monkey555 wrote:Who the hell has time to practice wtf is the correct timing on macro?
Depends on your lag

Fwerp
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Fwerp »

You just click at "1."
I have a macro for use item by type, and another one with a 2+ second timer/last target.

I seem to have far better accuracy when I click it myself than I do using the one-stroke macro.

Arkosh Kovasz
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Arkosh Kovasz »

So just click their health bar or just hit last target at 1 if doing it manually?

XaN

Post by XaN »

yes, you click it at 1 and it lands directly on the target... I propose you find the anti-pots way of fighting, makes you feel superior in a way...
NO! nooooOO! ....Hot, hot!

Arkosh Kovasz
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Arkosh Kovasz »

XaN wrote:yes, you click it at 1 and it lands directly on the target... I propose you find the anti-pots way of fighting, makes you feel superior in a way...
Well so would not using mounts, vs a mounted opponent, but I have no need to feel superior.

Ryemus

Post by Ryemus »

you see all kills end up with explosion potions because all of these "amazing" pvpers run just like the rest of the population when they're about to die. because mounts make it almost impossible to cast a spell and then catch up with someone on a mount we are left with no choice but to gun them down with explosion potions while they run and cry
Ryemus -U-

Arkosh Kovasz
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Arkosh Kovasz »

Ryemus wrote:you see all kills end up with explosion potions because all of these "amazing" pvpers run just like the rest of the population when they're about to die. because mounts make it almost impossible to cast a spell and then catch up with someone on a mount we are left with no choice but to gun them down with explosion potions while they run and cry
I thought it might be something like that. I've played these T2A servers off an on for years now an this is the first time the server has mounts enabled. It's taking some adjustment since everyone has them, and I have yet to actually buy one because I'm used to running around on foot.

Baldamier

Post by Baldamier »

I always find it humorous to escape from someone while they're throwing purple pots. GE's aren't cheap, even if you make them. I escaped from someone twice last night and they must have thrown over 20 pots. $$

RoadKill
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by RoadKill »

Anytime you use automation you up the chance for error. What if your target is not in LOS after 3 seconds? That explosion potion is coming back at you. A macro isn't better than an experienced player
Lake Superior 1997-2002, UOSA 2008-Present
I no longer use this account, if you need to reach me, message my new account, Boomland Jenkins

Abaddon

Post by Abaddon »

I know this thread is old but I can't seem to find this anywhere. How much damage does an explosion potion do (??)Minimum - (??)Maximum. Other than leaving LOS, is their other ways to avoid them?

Malaikat

Post by Malaikat »

Put enough tiles between you and your assailant. Invis or hiding works if you time it right and they can't just walk up to you while the timer expires. Carry a gheal wand if you're going to be serious about pvp.
Save yourself the shame and embarrassment and just assume that if you can't understand me...you're the one who's retarded.
Budner wrote:Your sig lets everyone know what an arrogant prick you are.