resources blocked

Moderator: Support Moderators

DarkWing
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

resources blocked

Post by DarkWing »

What are the rules pertaining to Parking your Boat next to a Mining Cliff?

not allowing anyone else access to the ore?

Trusted Member of C^V Guild
Channel Operator of #secondagetrade

Scammer Free Trade Room

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: resources blocked

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

I am pretty sure blocking resources is illegal. As long as its proof positive that's what is happening and they arent at the bank or something.
One person I know made ths suggestion of loading up a ship full of magic casting creatures and parking it right next to people who hog mining sites.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Player solutions are preferable over staff intervention in issues like this. There is not currently any rule regarding boat parking.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Dagon

Post by Dagon »

move your boat and go around them.

DarkWing
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by DarkWing »

Dagon wrote:move your boat and go around them.
if they have there boat parked next to a cliff in a certain spot, its to mine Rare Ore such as Verite or Valorite, and going around them doesn't get you access to the Ore Vain,

IN my opinion the only reason someone would leave a boat parked at a resource spot is so that they can mine the Ore AFK ... if they where present when doing so they would have taken the ore to the bank or home when done mining.

I think there should be a rule against Blocking Ore Veins with a Boat.

Scammer Free Trade Room

Chaos
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Chaos »

i think this is a touchy subject .. and i have one question .. do you insta log on your own boat ?? either way my thoughts ..

rare ore veins don't spawn to to offend so i can see camping one afk in boat for respwan .. IF and thats the big word .. you were hidden on boat standing afk .. not trying to mine .. no macro running .. just standing waiting for timer ..to come back at a later time (alt tab) hit your macro .. watch it run finish and stop .. go back to another client and keep playing .. this does seem like a normal problem one would have faced in t2a .. (in this case the player is taking risk .. can be killed .. and in alot of cases can be looted... )

guess real question on this issue would be are game mechanics era acc. on boats . if every thing is right then there is no room for any kinda of game play that was not being done some were in era .. (again as in so many of my post i never played osi much less in era .. ) but if anyone can recall off keys and copying keys is right etc and if all boat re opwarfations are in place (which are the things i havn't seen discussed on forums and nit picked to death ) then all is fair game ??

leaving boat not being online to block spawn while your GONE is not right and though it might have taken some time .. I think a GM would have moved or removed it due to player pages ..

any other thoughts

[21:27] <@Derrick> UOSA is a tribute to the feasibility of anarchy

DarkWing
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by DarkWing »

It is My Belief that this is where the AFK resourse Gathers are getting there Bulk Ingots,

and i think the GMs should look into the Boat mining Spots to see if this is true!

Scammer Free Trade Room

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

We regularly monitor for unattended macroing, in these boat spots and elsewhere. If you do find someone unresponsive mining though, please alert us. And if you are attended mining, please respond to other players so that we don't get called over in vain.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Return to “New Player Help”