Ex. Lake Superiour Newb (1997-2000)

Moderator: Support Moderators

Ironhide

Ex. Lake Superiour Newb (1997-2000)

Post by Ironhide »

Hello all! I think I finally found a place to kill time and play some real Ultima Online the way it was and always should have been. You will see me on quite a bit once I get my laptop back up and running. Have to replace the power supply. New one comes on Monday or Tuesday.

Anyway, thought I should re-introduce myself and ask for a little advice. What is peak time usually here? When is everyone who is anyone on? Are the merchant guilds something worth looking into or can a independent do well enough on his own? Is there any shard specific bits of wisdom I should know?

Thanks for looking.

Ironhide
ICQ = 16868447
Newbie Smith at your Service! Comming soon: GM Smithy goods at decent prices! Vendor's Restocked daily!

poogoblin

Re: Ex. Lake Superiour Newb (1997-2000)

Post by poogoblin »

Prime times here seem to be ~8pmest-11pmest though you'll find alot of people on at all times of the day. PKs start their rounds usually ~6pm on weekdays.
The largest merchant guild on the shard is $$$ wise is the gm. As long as you have a decent vendor house location and keep it stocked (at decent prices) you should have no problem doing well solo as a merchant. Many on here get burnt out right around the time people are beginning to rely on said vendor.

Ironhide

Post by Ironhide »

Cool... But what do you mean burned by said vendor? If you rely on it you will drown? Or get pked when your trying to empty/reload/get payout on the vendor?
ICQ = 16868447
Newbie Smith at your Service! Comming soon: GM Smithy goods at decent prices! Vendor's Restocked daily!

RoadKill
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by RoadKill »

Ironhide wrote:Cool... But what do you mean burned by said vendor? If you rely on it you will drown? Or get pked when your trying to empty/reload/get payout on the vendor?

He means people stock their vendors and then get "burnt out" as in tired of or bored of running the vendor and then they shut it down, just as some people were starting to enjoy using the vendor
Lake Superior 1997-2002, UOSA 2008-Present
I no longer use this account, if you need to reach me, message my new account, Boomland Jenkins

Ironhide

Post by Ironhide »

RoadKill wrote:
Ironhide wrote:Cool... But what do you mean burned by said vendor? If you rely on it you will drown? Or get pked when your trying to empty/reload/get payout on the vendor?

He means people stock their vendors and then get "burnt out" as in tired of or bored of running the vendor and then they shut it down, just as some people were starting to enjoy using the vendor

Ahh.. Ty... Nahh... I'll try not to do that. :wink:

Finally got my laptop charger, so I'm downling the UO client on it right now. (Desktop is Vista 64 and has 24" Monitor, not good for UO) .. .
ICQ = 16868447

Return to “New Player Help”