New!

Topics related to Second Age
Sheivan

New!

Post by Sheivan »

Hello Im from that other shard.. Some of you might know me if you used to play it

Me and a few guildmates (5-6) are looking to start playing here, were "hardcore" pvpers and we are top faction/pk guild on "that one other shard".

Were actually looking for a new challenge but unfortunately we got no gold and no decent characters..

I was wondering if someone would like to hook us up with some regs or gold so we can start training characters.

I was also wondering.. How long would it take us to macro a 7x tank mage?

Thank you!
AIM me : Sheivan01

Pro

Re: New!

Post by Pro »

Doesn't take long to make chars and trust me if you wanna start here it's alot funner doing it yourself from scratch on a couple newbie chars.

zzyzx
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by zzyzx »

Sheivan wrote:Hello Im from that other shard.. Some of you might know me if you used to play it

Me and a few guildmates (5-6) are looking to start playing here, were "hardcore" pvpers and we are top faction/pk guild on "that one other shard".

Were actually looking for a new challenge but unfortunately we got no gold and no decent characters..

I was wondering if someone would like to hook us up with some regs or gold so we can start training characters.

I was also wondering.. How long would it take us to macro a 7x tank mage?

Thank you!
AIM me : Sheivan01
Welcome.

I look forward to getting ganked even more in the future now.
<Derrick> I guarantee world peace will not be seeded in a UO FreeShard IRC channel

Hoots
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hoots »

Welcome, hope you like it.

No handouts from this guy. Sorry :(

put the time in like everyone else did! You will enjoy it!

I R NEW GLD PLS *copyright chumbucket

Sheivan

Post by Sheivan »

Were different tho, gonna give you constant pvp and were really active ;)

Faust

Post by Faust »

Who is your guild and where are you from? Divinity?

Cutpurse

Post by Cutpurse »

If you're "really active." Go farm. You'll earn more respect that way instead of asking for handouts.

zzyzx
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by zzyzx »

Sheivan wrote:Were different tho, gonna give you constant pvp and were really active ;)
You just described pretty much every pvp/pk/ganksquad guild on this server.

This sort of reminds me of -F- when they requested town addons because they "promote PvP" on the server. Give me a break.
<Derrick> I guarantee world peace will not be seeded in a UO FreeShard IRC channel

Pro

Post by Pro »

zz get a new game uo is too difficult for someone of your disposition.

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

Give me a town addon...i promote good will and kindness toward everyone. I promote more pvp that way then anything.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

Kael
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kael »

Hello Sheivan, welcome to the server. Besides your thread getting de-railed/trolled by idiots bickering with each other and making asinine requests, I think you'll enjoy this shard. You may have slightly better luck asking in IRC for help (though many that frequent this board are in there as well), or if you need something to get on your feet and I'm in there just send me a PM.

Also you may have better luck next time not announcing you're a PK, as most people don't want to donate to someone knowing that they're funding a character meant to kill them in the future.

This server has plenty of PKs already, in fact the ratio of red players is higher than it ever was on any OSI shard (due to many reasons). Perhaps you might be interested in making your guild an Anti-PK one, as currently there aren't really any here and you'll have plenty of targets, along with the possibility of people paying for your services.

Arkosh Kovasz
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Arkosh Kovasz »

Just a quick question....on this "other shard", did you by chance happen to buy your chracter up to 7xGM ?

Hoots
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hoots »

Kael wrote:Hello Sheivan, welcome to the server. Besides your thread getting de-railed/trolled by idiots bickering with each other and making asinine requests, I think you'll enjoy this shard. You may have slightly better luck asking in IRC for help (though many that frequent this board are in there as well), or if you need something to get on your feet and I'm in there just send me a PM.

Also you may have better luck next time not announcing you're a PK, as most people don't want to donate to someone knowing that they're funding a character meant to kill them in the future.

This server has plenty of PKs already, in fact the ratio of red players is higher than it ever was on any OSI shard (due to many reasons). Perhaps you might be interested in making your guild an Anti-PK one, as currently there aren't really any here and you'll have plenty of targets, along with the possibility of people paying for your services.
Kael, what you dont realize is that this is a probably the 15th post most of have seen which is a word for word copy...Im new, will be ative, gimmi freebies... (most of those are no longer here)

As i said above, Welcome to the new guys! If you want to mine iron, or cut wood id be happy to buy it from you.... Looking for an active guild? pm me. But for handouts im going to pass.
People who earn their own stripes here seem much more likely to stay! Hope to see you guys out there!

Arkosh Kovasz
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Arkosh Kovasz »

You know what I do miss? Bank beggars. Back on OSI in 99' they were all over the place. And not just "I R NEW GLD PLS." Begging back then could be quite lucrative if you were good. I loved hearing a well thought out backstory to why the person was down on their luck or whatever, and was more than happy to "spare a few coins" to those type of beggars.

I haven't really seen any of that here, only forum or IRC chatter asking for help. Saying how you were one of the best PvPers on some other server and asking for help on getting out into the field for you AND your friends.That is just not the way to go about it. Maybe it's time for you to get better at a another aspect of UO than PvP, like farming your own gold.

Kael
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kael »

I didn't mean I was going to give the guy a small house or anything. When I started someone was kind enough to give me a full spellbook and 1k gold, so the least I can do is help out new players with some scrolls and a bit of cash to buy a few regs and some bags. I didn't even ask for those things when I started, I just wanted a single recall scroll but the guy went above and beyond that. I get a sense of satisfaction and accomplishment when I do things on my own and personally hate asking for freebies.