Best fishing template & why

Moderator: Support Moderators

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Best fishing template & why

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

Might as well take cartography all the way...if not tracking would be good at sea. At 60 you'd do fine.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

nickhimself

Post by nickhimself »

No, you may as well drop cartography. There is absolutely no reason to have cartography on a fisherman. It's best used in any other template designed to look for treasure chests.

momquab
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by momquab »

Ive gone for the action fisherman/miner with

Fishing
Mining
Hiding
Magery
Eval Int
Meditation
Wrestling

Means I can handle things that pop up but also hide and get away if things get a bit too dangerous! I like having mining on there too so I my eyes dont go funny sitting in the middle of the ocean all day long!

Luckily not come across Donald Duck yet but if I do then I will be ready for an all-out UO Battleships bonanza.

Ooompa Loompa

Post by Ooompa Loompa »

nickhimself wrote:You need exactly 0 cartography to decode a level 1 map.

True, but it takes a looong time. I actually bought the skill to 30, and have brought it to 40 doing nothing but decoding level 1 tmaps. And on some maps I still have to double click 4 or 5 times to decode the map. I've actually thought about bringing it up to 65 or so so I can do level 2s as well. Can still open level 2 chests with GM magery.

Ooompa Loompa

Post by Ooompa Loompa »

archaicsubrosa77 wrote:Might as well take cartography all the way...if not tracking would be good at sea. At 60 you'd do fine.
I don't really know anybody with GM lockpicking, so GM cart wouldn't do me any good.

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

with detect hidden on a lockpicker you can open a level 5 at 95 lockpicking
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

nickhimself

Post by nickhimself »

Ooompa Loompa wrote:
archaicsubrosa77 wrote:Might as well take cartography all the way...if not tracking would be good at sea. At 60 you'd do fine.
I don't really know anybody with GM lockpicking, so GM cart wouldn't do me any good.

Man, it's like the blind leading the blind in here.

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Nick get over yourself.
Nothing wrong with having a cartographer fisher.
I already have a houselooter chest cracker, I dont need two lockpickers.
Alot of people can say the same.

Fisher can dig up chest then recall to ship so he can go back to fishing after the mess
Provoker can stay and handle the mobs
my stealther can pick the lock and disarm the trap while staying in close vicinity hidden so as to not draw the attention of the spawn or EVs and can res the provoker should she die.

Usually you want a team to carry everything anyway.
Last edited by archaicsubrosa77 on Fri Dec 25, 2009 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ooompa Loompa

Post by Ooompa Loompa »

nickhimself wrote:
Ooompa Loompa wrote:

Man, it's like the blind leading the blind in here.
I give up. I gave my reasons for my template, and if you choose to ignore those that is up to you. I enjoy playing it, and that is all that matters. It's a game not a competition.

nickhimself

Post by nickhimself »

archaicsubrosa77 wrote:Nick get over yourself.
Nothing wrong with having a cartographer fisher.
I already have a houselooter chest cracker, I dont need two lockpickers.
Alot of people can say the same.

Fisher can dig up chest then recall to ship so he can go back to fishing after the mess
Provoker can stay and handle the mobs
my stealther can pick the lock and disarm the trap while staying in close vicinity hidden so as to not draw the attention of the spawn or EVs and can res the provoker should she die.

Usually you want a team to carry everything anyway.

Three characters to do all of that? If you are talking about the maps you fish up, those can easily be done by a single character. If you want to tackle fishing and digging those level one maps, why not try this template:

100 str / 85 dex / 40 mana
Fishing
Magery
Anatomy
Healing
Fencing/Mace Fighting/Swordsmanship
Tactics
Hiding

You can fish up the map, recall to the spot, dig, magic unlock the chest, kill all of the level one spawns, loot, recall back to fish some more.

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Level Ones are a snap.
Level 5's are high end spawn.
Having a guy to hide near the chest and another out of harms way is a double precaution. Involving lockpicking Cartography and Fishing on any template even one of these will take away from it being combat effective to wrap it all up. I dont want any of these skills on the character I am using to control the spawn. If I had to choose I would combine it with a 5X mage.

Having the Fisher Cartographer on the ship who is trained in magery so he can gate you back to the ship to make a drop or if near shore can clear the landing area of any beastlys. He is also the backup healer who can ress you. He is also self sufficient in PVM combat for lower end chests.

You can retrap all spawning chests now. My lockpicker also has tinkering so should my main die I can retrap the chest in the case it may be looted by another.

The coordinates to all the map sites are in the runebooks. You might think it more fun or beneficial to take a ship near the dig site. Having everything obtained put in boxes or chests handed over to the fisher to keep in the hull while you go back for more in the case of overburden.
Last edited by archaicsubrosa77 on Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

momquab
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by momquab »

Hey there folks,

Just looking at that huge Razor fishing macro - and have to ask how on earth do you replicate that in UO? Is there a way of importing that code or do you have record it all yourself? I dont understand all the options on there!

Im just going slowly though oceans, not stopping but continuously fishing. Would be nice to make full use of the spot I am on instead of zooming miles into the middle of the ocean.

How do you get so many conditionals in there and still let it flow?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! :mrgreen:
Last edited by momquab on Sat Dec 26, 2009 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zane

Post by Zane »

If you want to use that macro you do the following:

1. Create new macro in razor (just need to name it, don't record anything to it).

2. Find your Razor folder on your computer, within it your Macro folder.

3. Using Notepad, open the file for the new macro you created. Copy and paste the macro text from the forums to the file and save.

4. Right click on the window in Razor where macro commands are displayed and select the reload option.

5. Enjoy your new macro.

momquab
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by momquab »

That was really helpful! Thank you very much! Got it sorted now 8)

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hicha »

Well this topic sure turned to shit.

While fishing, is archery good enough to just drop whatever mobs spawn during fishing/SoSs, or is a regular mage template the standard?
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter