Best fishing template & why

Moderator: Support Moderators

t2athunter

Best fishing template & why

Post by t2athunter »

Hello all ! I am new to uosecondage but t2a was my first uo back in 7th grade!
I made a fisher long after t2a when i rejoined for a 6mo span ( think it was aos or se)
Since the rules\bugs \skills are slightly different in t2a(which i love) please give me YOUr fisherman(tmaps,mibs,serpent slayer)
template and why you think it is the best easiest for cleaning sea serps clocks when they do pull up.( whats resists \skills they have and why you never die from them)
also any razor fishing realated code would be appreciated, it can be unattended scripted as i know the rules and will always be sitting by the pc. thankyou.

- Names antioch,
played greatlakes and baja 6 years.
happy to be among the t2a-ers.
im going to be here for a long time, id like to make some long term uo friends,im a nice guy, get used to it.

Thanks again

nickhimself

Re: Best fishing template & why

Post by nickhimself »

My fisherman, here: Garmin is pretty much an archer/fencer dexxer with fishing instead of resisting spells.

He's never had an issue with water eles, deep sea serpents, or sea serpents.

This macro will fish in 6 spots around your boat, drop maps and mibs into separate containers, cut all shoe types into leather and drop said leather into a box as well. As soon as the fish stop biting, the boat moves.

!Loop
Assistant.Macros.ForAction|10
Assistant.Macros.DoubleClickTypeAction|3520|True
Assistant.Macros.WaitForTargetAction|1
Assistant.Macros.TargetRelLocAction|-3|-3
Assistant.Macros.UseSkillAction|21
Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:10
Assistant.Macros.WaitForTargetAction|30
Assistant.Macros.TargetRelLocAction|-4|0
Assistant.Macros.TargetRelLocAction|-4|4
Assistant.Macros.TargetRelLocAction|3|-4
Assistant.Macros.TargetRelLocAction|4|0
Assistant.Macros.TargetRelLocAction|3|3
Assistant.Macros.IfAction|4|0|the fish don't
Assistant.Macros.SpeechAction|0|52|3|ENU|2|16|69|forward
Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:08
Assistant.Macros.SpeechAction|0|52|3|ENU|5|48|54|4|241|97|stop
Assistant.Macros.EndIfAction
Assistant.Macros.IfAction|50|1|1|tboots
Assistant.Macros.DoubleClickTypeAction|3999|True
Assistant.Macros.WaitForTargetAction|5
Assistant.Macros.TargetTypeAction|False|5905
Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:00.5000000
Assistant.Macros.IfAction|50|1|1|boot
Assistant.Macros.TargetTypeAction|False|5899
Assistant.Macros.IfAction|50|1|1|boots
Assistant.Macros.TargetTypeAction|False|5899
Assistant.Macros.IfAction|50|1|1|sandals
Assistant.Macros.TargetTypeAction|False|5901
Assistant.Macros.IfAction|50|1|1|shoes
Assistant.Macros.TargetTypeAction|False|5903
Assistant.Macros.IfAction|50|1|1|map
Assistant.Macros.LiftTypeAction|5355|1
Assistant.Macros.DropAction|0x400E4E59|(-1, -1, 0)|0
Assistant.Macros.IfAction|50|1|1|mib
Assistant.Macros.LiftTypeAction|2463|1
Assistant.Macros.DropAction|0x4020296F|(-1, -1, 0)|0
Assistant.Macros.LiftTypeAction|4225|5
Assistant.Macros.DropAction|0x400E4E59|(-1, -1, 0)|0
Assistant.Macros.EndForAction
Assistant.Macros.SpeechAction|0|52|3|ENU|2|16|102|turn left
Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:01.5000000
Assistant.Macros.SpeechAction|0|52|3|ENU|2|16|102|turn left
Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:01.5000000

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

:lol: that macro is huge for fishing....
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

DarkWing
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by DarkWing »

love the Macro Nick

My fisher is Donald Duck
He is:
GM fishing
GM Archery
GM Healing
GM Anatomy
GM Tactics
GM magery
GM Resist Magic

for serpents 50 resist will do just fine

BUT

here on UOSA Donald Duck is a Pirate and WILL Kill anyone he runs into on the Sea's ... or Die Trying

you be Prepared to do Range Battle at Sea if you plan to Fish in MY oceans!!!

Trusted Member of C^V Guild
Channel Operator of #secondagetrade

Scammer Free Trade Room

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

a good treasure hunter that can survive the seas is a typical 5X mage with Fishing and Cartography as long as you have a lockpicker alt on the side

meaning

1.)Wrestling
2.)Evaluating Intelligence "lockpicking can be exchanged for this as most of your casting will be summoning spells on land...keep a bodyguard on your ship should you choose this and do not have an alt lockpicker"
3.)Magery
4.)Resist
5.)Meditation
6.)Cartography
7.)Fishing

Your bodyguard could look like this

1.)Archery
2.)Tactics
3.)Magery
4.)Resist
5.)Meditation or Eval for more offense
6.)Healing
7.)Anatomy

with 100 str 75 dex and 50 int...I wouldnt go lower then 65 dex for certain

what you would have to worry about though are EV's being you would go without wrestling so it's good to have some kind of blockade that would keep an EV from getting to you such as a table or chest. This Template is an expert at missile and mage combat which is a plus and the perfect bodyguard for your fisherman. Ideal for a Pirate in my opinion. You could juggle skillpoints to include both meditation and eval if you choose, or even drop anatomy for one or the other. Alot of summoning and casting of field spells happen at sea so utilizing and dispeling both is key to survival. If you do drop anatomy do it only after you GMed Healing. You do want high dex as missile weapons are the slowest in game, so healing is crucial with a smaller mana pool.

If you want to keep all 8 skills 60 anatomy 60 meditation with 80 eval should be sufficient.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

LifeForce

Post by LifeForce »

one of my chars is a hunter/fisher-combo (100/25/100) with

fishing
archery
tactics
tracking
meditation
magery
resist

good template to hunt on sea and land. if i would only want a fishermen, i would drop archery/tactics and pick eval int and item id/inscription/whatever instead. magery is quite versatile and kills serpents and stuff easily, no need for other weapons.

Caswallon
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Caswallon »

archaicsubrosa77 wrote:a good treasure hunter that can survive the seas is a typical 5X mage with Fishing and Cartography as long as you have a lockpicker alt on the side

meaning

1.)Wrestling
2.)Evaluating Intelligence "lockpicking can be exchanged for this as most of your casting will be summoning spells on land...keep a bodyguard on your ship should you choose this and do not have an alt lockpicker"
3.)Magery
4.)Resist
5.)Meditation
6.)Cartography
7.)Fishing

1.)Archery
2.)Tactics
3.)Magery
4.)Resist
6.)Healing
7.)Anatomy

what you would have to worry about though are EV's being you would go without wrestling so it's good to have some kind of blockade that would keep an EV from getting to you such as a table or chest. This Template is an expert at missile and mage combat which is a plus and the perfect bodyguard for your fisherman. Ideal for a Pirate in my opinion. You could juggle skillpoints to include both meditation and eval if you choose, or even drop anatomy for one or the other. Alot of summoning and casting of field spells happen at sea so utilizing and dispeling both is key to survival. If you do drop anatomy do it only after you GMed Healing. You do want high dex as missile weapons are the slowest in game, so healing is crucial with a smaller mana pool.

If you want to keep all 8 skills 60 anatomy 60 meditation with 80 eval should be sufficient.
Gimping a thunter like that and casting EVs on a boat are two of the stupidest things I have ever heard. If you want a thunter, make a thunter, if you want a fisher, make a fisher, do not unnecessarily gimp 2 templates like this, it makes everything more work than is necessary.

I could maybe understand having a thunter without lockpicking so you could have wrestle on it, and having a 2nd bard/tamer with lockpicking to help control spawn but really, a fisher with carto? Is that like a parry tamer?
?

Krats

Post by Krats »

My Template is :

GM Fishing
GM Magery
GM Eval Int
GM Meditation
GM Musicianship
GM Peacemaking
GM Inscription

I have no problems on the high seas, Just remember to watch out for those flakey Pirates...

*Glares at DD*
When you play with fire, there is a 50/50 chance something will go wrong, and nine times out of ten it does.
Teph wrote:chum stole a castle, a f**in castle.
Derrick wrote:I hate to see this go unanswered, so I can at least say that I read this, and have no idea myself.

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Caswallon wrote:
archaicsubrosa77 wrote:a good treasure hunter that can survive the seas is a typical 5X mage with Fishing and Cartography as long as you have a lockpicker alt on the side

meaning

1.)Wrestling
3.)Magery
4.)Resist
5.)Meditation
6.)Cartography
7.)Fishing

1.)Archery
2.)Tactics
3.)Magery
4.)Resist
6.)Healing
7.)Anatomy

Gimping a thunter like that and casting EVs on a boat are two of the stupidest things I have ever heard. If you want a thunter, make a thunter, if you want a fisher, make a fisher, do not unnecessarily gimp 2 templates like this, it makes everything more work than is necessary.

I could maybe understand having a thunter without lockpicking so you could have wrestle on it, and having a 2nd bard/tamer with lockpicking to help control spawn but really, a fisher with carto? Is that like a parry tamer?
You just use summons and cast invisible while killing treasure chest spawn and have enough oomph to finish them with eval. Also casting EVs on an enemy boat is a good tactic you have them pinned in if there are no barriers set. All the naval battles I have been in involved summons and field spells both against me and against the other vessel.

The only thing that could gimp the template would be a player who doesnt know how to play such as yourself, because it is also geared around combat.

I for one hate provoking everything all the time. Having Music Provoke Cartography and Lockpicking with Fishing leaves you fodder for any confrontation.

Caswallon
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Caswallon »

archaicsubrosa77 wrote:
Caswallon wrote:

meaning

1.)Wrestling
3.)Magery
4.)Resist
5.)Meditation
6.)Cartography
7.)Fishing

1.)Archery
2.)Tactics
3.)Magery
4.)Resist
6.)Healing
7.)Anatomy

You just use summons and cast invisible while killing treasure chest spawn and have enough oomph to finish them with eval. Also casting EVs on an enemy boat is a good tactic you have them pinned in if there are no barriers set. All the naval battles I have been in involved summons and field spells both against me and against the other vessel.

The only thing that could gimp the template would be a player who doesnt know how to play such as yourself, because it is also geared around combat.

I for one hate provoking everything all the time.
Archaic, I understand that you like to go your own way, but some of your template suggestions are just wack, and completely unsuitable for 99% of people. Yes casting EV on someone elses boat is win, casting it on your own is asking for trouble.

And I dont know how to play? Im not the one suggesting parry tamers, thunters without lockpicking, wasting 200 points on remove trap/detect or fishers with carto. :lol:
?

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

You need detect for remove trap :?

and you need remove trap if houselooting in occupied houses where traps are set, or if you want to hit that chest up treasure hunters have just unearthed to loot a bit while they fight the spawn. If you time it right you can hide right after dragging without notice. I have done this several times already. I felt bad one time and returned the gold I had taken when I seen the fellow at Brit bank.

Parry
Mage
resist
wrestling
taming
lore
meditation

was an idea brought up by another player and is a more defensive version of the eval tamer. It allows you to take the blunt of attacks while you give target commands, or run to your pets for cover. I didnt suggest it, I debated on it.

nickhimself

Post by nickhimself »

Hahahahahahahaahahahahahaha

Parry Tamer

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Here is the quote that started it...I went on to debate the pros and cons
Granvil wrote:wow thank you all for the reply's and help think ive got a better idea now

Thank you :mrgreen:

Interesting thought tho what about parry instead of wrestling?
And what stats should i have as a tamer?

(sorry about all this totally new to taming)
He asked about wrestling instead of parry I told him that the only way to involve parry into that template was as shown above.

Ooompa Loompa

Post by Ooompa Loompa »

People will probably talk smack about my template, but I don't care, because it's a freakin game, and I like playing this template.

GM Magery
GM Eval
GM Wrestle
GM Meditation
GM Resist (currently at 85, and I'm too lazy to GM it)
GM fishing
40 cart
60 ???(your choice: hiding would be good, or maybe cooking, or taming, maybe item id......whatever sounds like fun to you)

I play this and love it. I do all the level 1 tmaps that I fish up with my 40 cart. GM Magery and the telekenesis/unlock spell keep me from needing lockpicking/detect hidden. I can really do just about anyting with this template. Dungeon crawl, light pvp, EV big monsters to farm gold, ect. I play this char more then anything else.

nickhimself

Post by nickhimself »

You need exactly 0 cartography to decode a level 1 map.