AFK Begging macro

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Derrick

Re: AFK Begging macro

Post by Derrick »

It could technically be resource collection, but it's a very limited resource that I don't belive restocks, and we've not forbid it in the past.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

chainsoar

Post by chainsoar »

Mordalf wrote:As for RPing begging on other players, being that the skill only works on NPCs, there is no need to take the skill up for that...
Not true. Wouldn't you be more likely to give gold to a char who comes up to you and says "Spare change, squire?" if he had a 'Grandmaster beggar' tag? Begging is hard work to GM even if you macro afk, and 1650 over 5 days is a ridiculously minor haul. When you take into account the very real risk of getting townkilled, it's never going to be profitable.

On a slightly different note, where is this macro? I always wanted to GM begging.
Braden wrote:I was getting ready to type a serious reply to this post until I saw who posted it.
[Uhh] Eo wrote:If there is one thing I am a fan of, it is exploring foreign holes.

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

use skill begging target/nearest innocent, probably could follow one of the mages by the recdu teleporter or similar populated area while doing it to keep you mobile or just follow your absolute target.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

chainsoar

Post by chainsoar »

Interesting...I once read a stratics guide that said you had to switch up the type of NPC you were begging from to make gains, also that you couldn't repeat on the same NPC. Must not have been era-accurate. I'll give it a try.
Braden wrote:I was getting ready to type a serious reply to this post until I saw who posted it.
[Uhh] Eo wrote:If there is one thing I am a fan of, it is exploring foreign holes.

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

Then an auto follow would be good then since there would be times in which you would be closer to other npcs then you would be whom you are following. Could even possibly follow an animal in a less frequented town being they would be grey. Of course I know very little about the skill.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Alex21
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Alex21 »

Sick, now with a combination of multi-clienting, proxy servers and multiple internet connections people can buy their first house without playing the game.
The First Player Of UO Second Age.