Taming "all" command:

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Faust

Re: Taming "all" command:

Post by Faust »

I have never said that.. I have already provided a source from June '99 that mentioned that only one pet can attack at a time when using "all kill". The phrase was nerfed during the UOR publish that made it ineffective for all pets from that point on and would only give the command to the last commanded pet. The phrase was wiped out completely about a year later.

Eulogy

Post by Eulogy »

nightshark wrote:
Sandro wrote:EV will curse again?

Idk why this was removed..
IIRC EV Cursed, harmed and poisoned when you walked into the middle of it. It didn't just curse you willy-nilly. You had to "shove it out of the way"
I think you might be confused..

EV used to curse and poison on hit.
Blade spirits poisoned you when you shoved them.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Faust wrote:"all kill" was changed... it was removed completely where it no longer worked at all forcing you to say <pet name> kill, etc...
It's not that it was removed, it was never in:
May 25 1999 wrote: You can now give all your pets orders by prefacing your order with "all." For example, saying, "all follow me" will make all your pets follow you. The list of commands this works with is:
all follow me
all guard me
all come
all stay
all guard me
all stop
This was the introduction of the All command, mid era. Sidenote, there are no targeted commands in this list at all, however the pets did repond to all kill, but only one of them got the target.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Faust

Post by Faust »

Yes, I know that Derrick. I was referring to the change that was made to it during the UOR era that disabled "all kill" from technically working by only forcing the last pet given a command to respond instead of the closest. The "all kill" command was permently removed a year later after that change. I mentioned this somewhere above in the clutter of posts. The "all kill" ability where every pet responds to the command never existed outside of the free shard scene.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

I think we have enough information here to put together a pretty conclusive timeline of the history of pet commands during era.

May 25 1999: All <command> introduced.
June 99-April 2000: All Kill only commands nearest creature. (Reasonably expanded to be true for all targeted commands)
April 27, 2000: The all commands...will give you a system message that you can't use the all command with a target cursor and the last pet that was commanded will follow your command.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

Faust
"The "all kill" ability where every pet responds to the command never existed outside of the free shard scene."

Are you really trying to say that All kill controlling all pets at once never happened? Are you from Iran by chance?

That crap worked all the way past Samurai empire.... This is my first free shard, so no...i don't think so.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

Faust

Post by Faust »

Oh really?
Taming Archive Third Dawn (March 14, 2001) - http://tamingarchive.com/updates/uo3d.php wrote:Some commands have been removed. Any "all" command with a target cursor has been removed, as well as fetch (which was disabled anyway), patrol, all release, and all drop. "[Petname] guard me" currently brings up a target cursor when it shouldn't. This is presumed to be a bug.
I would have read the previous posts if I were you son.

The command didn't work up until the Age of Shadows after this removal of the command. I did not bother to check beyond that particular date since the game could no longer be called Ultima Online from that time on.

The all command was added around late spring '99 and we have concluded that it did not make ALL pets react from early summer '99 onward up to April 11th, 2000. I have also concluded that the all command was pretty much eliminated on April 28th, 2000 above that is also in Derrick's post.

Sorry, your post is no where close to being accurate or correct reflection of this.

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

Why don't you just simply post " nanana boo boo" and stick out your tongue?
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

Cataclyst

Post by Cataclyst »

Silly question but!

With this quote

You can now give all your pets orders by prefacing your order with "all." For example, saying, "all follow me" will make all your pets follow you. The list of commands this works with is:
all follow me
all guard me
all come
all stay
all guard me
all stop

How do we know one of the two "All Guard Me"s isn't supposed to be "All Kill" and it was just a typo, I mean, I doubt they'd put two on purpose :o
(10:15:37 AM) mark: wana pk?
(10:15:41 AM) Cataclysm: all mine are dead, sigh
(10:15:44 AM) Cataclysm: thank weezy for one, spanky for the other
(10:15:49 AM) Cataclysm: and a dc for the third
(10:15:57 AM) mark: why u shouldnt team with ethnics

Faust

Post by Faust »

How do we not know that it was a typo that just reiterated a command that was already listed?

We don't.. just like we don't know in your case that was mentioned. However, we have a very large sufficient amount of evidence that suggests the "all kill" command only worked with the closest pet to you. Also, the list of commands negates EVERY other targetable command that was available in game. All targeting commands(as mentioned in other sources) only worked with the closest pet.

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hemperor »

I really strongly encourage anyone who doubts this, to search the forums and find one of the dozen topics that are 10 pages long cementing this change over the past year and a half.

Without a doubt, I would bet Faust and his family on it!

[22:26] <ian> why am i making 3750 empty kegs
[22:27] <ian> 1125000 for 3750 empty kegs
----------------------------------------
[10:44] <ian> a good cat is a dead cat

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Cataclyst wrote:How do we know one of the two "All Guard Me"s isn't supposed to be "All Kill" and it was just a typo, I mean, I doubt they'd put two on purpose :o
Even if targeted commands were intended to work, although none are listed, we know that they did not from user newsgroup postings shortly after the patch.

This isn't just an issue with "all kill". "All follow", "All Guard" also do not work. Theoretically, "all kill me" would work as is doesn't require a target.