Should healing be dex based?

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.

Should healing be dex based?

Yes
58%
No
42%

Total votes: 26

Xukluk Tuguznal

Re: Should healing be dex based?

Post by Xukluk Tuguznal »

Faust wrote:I never said it was JUST about PVP did I? However, PVP does NEED to be accurate. Dex based healing isn't accurate regardless of either of the two situations...

I don't think having a heal timer of 10 seconds instead of 15 and cure of 13 instead of 18 is going to make much of a difference in either situation. I'm sure it will every now and than but the majority of the time it won't. Mind you that I did PVM with my dexer when we had dex based healing and it is no different than without. I still had to use magery for poisons. You will always be required to get magery if you want to be a successful dexer. That is the way it worked on t2a. If you choose not to have magery that is your own downfall and have plenty of potions on hand.

Sorry. But that whole statement if false.

1. 5 seconds as a dexxer in pvp is a friggin lifetime.
2. Pots is a dexxers answer to no magery.
3. Once magery is put on a dexxer it isn't a dexxer anymore it's a hybrid.
4. I can't believe you really think a dexxer needs magery to survive and don't see a problem with that.
5. 5 seconds as a dexxer in pvp is a friggin lifetime. <- That deserves another slot lol.

Once again not arguing that it was changed. I'm saying that your view on magery or bust for a dexxer is a bit... well... incorrect to say the least.
Tforc YM wrote: if you are over 24 though do not apply because i dont like nerdy people who dont get there lifes past uo. also if you do not have a microphone or vent then i can not make you into a good player, sorry , dont apply.

Xukluk Tuguznal

Hernando_Kortez wrote:Seems to me that because precasting and dex based healing NEVER coexisted then having the two together on T2A would be against the shards remit. Dexxers are still fine as pvpers with 15 second heals. Dexxers who pvp with only a weapon and bandages have always been easy to kill regardless of what era they existed in.
False again. =/

It's false simply because UOR dexxers were on equal footing with mages, and T2a Dexxers just had to be on top of their game with a bit of luck to destroy a mage. Yes, i'm talking about pure dexxers with no magery.

If they're so easy to kill. Would you try and stand toe to toe with a katana weilding dexxer who has cures/heals/refresh/agil/ and str pots, plus trapped pouches? that'd be a no right?
Tforc YM wrote: if you are over 24 though do not apply because i dont like nerdy people who dont get there lifes past uo. also if you do not have a microphone or vent then i can not make you into a good player, sorry , dont apply.

Faust

Post by Faust »

Xukluk Tuguznal wrote: Sorry. But that whole statement if false.

4. I can't believe you really think a dexxer needs magery to survive and don't see a problem with that.
5. 5 seconds as a dexxer in pvp is a friggin lifetime. <- That deserves another slot lol.

Once again not arguing that it was changed. I'm saying that your view on magery or bust for a dexxer is a bit... well... incorrect to say the least.
Sorry it isn't false. Your vision of a dexer is incorrect, because you're basing a dexer off of a UOR era mentality. The defintion of a dexer during t2a is anyone that had high dex. It is as plain and simple as that. It didn't matter if they had magery or not.

The definition for a hybrid during t2a was a mid range dex and int, mainly a dexer that had eval and could dish out damage spells. A dexer with magery and no eval isn't a hybrid at all.

I base my definitions off of the correct era that we're discussing. I don't see a problem with it because that is the way it worked back then. For the billionth time we're recreating t2a not a mixed t2a/UOR cocktail. Five seconds isn't a life time when you have magery. "The way it worked during t2a"

Xukluk Tuguznal

Faust wrote:
Xukluk Tuguznal wrote: Sorry. But that whole statement if false.

Sorry it isn't false. Your vision of a dexer is incorrect, because you're basing a dexer off of a UOR era mentality. The defintion of a dexer during t2a is anyone that had high dex. It is as plain and simple as that. It didn't matter if they had magery or not.

The definition for a hybrid during t2a was a mid range dex and int, mainly a dexer that had eval and could dish out damage spells. A dexer with magery and no eval isn't a hybrid at all.

I base my definitions off of the correct era that we're discussing. I don't see a problem with it because that is the way it worked back then. For the billionth time we're recreating t2a not a mixed t2a/UOR cocktail. Five seconds isn't a life time when you have magery. "The way it worked during t2a"
I'm not arguing 'the way it is', and I'll even run with your definition of hybrid. I just refuse to believe that pvp is synonymous with magery; or should it be phrased the other way? Magery isn't synonymous with pvp. There said it both ways. lol

5 secs is a life time for anyone in pvp. =/ Thats a fact.

Faust

Post by Faust »

I'm not arguing that dex based healing is bad. It was probably for the better in later eras. To be honest I could care less about dex based healing if it didn't feel UOR'ish to me. When I see it the first thing I think about is UOR. No different than seeing no healing through poison and so forth. There was a reason I quit playing UO after a few days of the UOR publish. If pre casting wasn't removed before it I wouldn't care one way or the other if it was active on here, but under the circumstances it is entirely inaccurate unless you remove pre casting.

Hernando_Kortez

Post by Hernando_Kortez »

It's false simply because UOR dexxers were on equal footing with mages, and T2a Dexxers just had to be on top of their game with a bit of luck to destroy a mage. Yes, i'm talking about pure dexxers with no magery.
UO:R dexxers were only on equal footing with mages if they had potions or if they had magery. Otherwise they were just mindblast fodder.

The same is true in T2A, dexxers who are badly equipped and dont have magery are easy to kill. A well equipped dexxer can give a tank mage a run for his money no problem.
If they're so easy to kill. Would you try and stand toe to toe with a katana weilding dexxer who has cures/heals/refresh/agil/ and str pots, plus trapped pouches? that'd be a no right?
I'm not sure what you mean by "toe to toe". I wouldn't stand still while fighting a dexxer but I sure as hell fight them plenty and its by no means impossible to kill a properly equipped dexxer with a tank mage.

I do wonder if the people who want healing based on dex are people who use dexxers and cant afford to equip properly (or just dont know how to use one correctly). I play both templates on this shard and I dont have trouble killing people on either.