Pot throwers

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
whoa its shan

Re: Pot throwers

Post by whoa its shan »

All of these points are valid, but in all reality I don't remember the potions seeking you. To top that off, I don't think the animation is much different from real time explosion. As I was being chased by somebody (forgot who) he kept throwing GE pots at me and I could see my health bar decreasing dramatically, and then I died.

As for clicking last target at the perfect time, I guarantee you (as a fairly decent scripter on razor) it is an incredibly easy macro to make. I know some of you might think "well use it yourself then," but I just don't agree with the idea in general.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

The potions always seeked if they blew up before the toss animation was finished.

Tronica

Post by Tronica »

Hemperor wrote:
RoadKill wrote:Purple potions aren't as simple as people think. It's not like you double click it and instantly it follows your target. You need to know when to click your target to get it to blow up it takes timing. Also, should your target break LOS, that sucker is blowing up on you. Each time you use it, it also gives you a chance to flag.

There is risk with these, they take 10 ash to make + bottle (that you never get back), and you don't have a 100% chance to succeed at making them.

People use them more in field pvp now because of ping, simple as that. Back in the day I'd try and use them, but with the lag, they'd also blow up on me :lol:
Throwing purps is no problem with a macro, it's too easy...especially throwing purps in combination with other things.

Also, there is a certain guild that manages to chain throw purps perfectly while running...
you dont use a macro.
if you were to use a macro you would fuck up all the time because the time to release the pot is dependant on the distance and tragectory of your target.

i will throw purple pots at you perfectly from the across the screen or 3 tiles away, while running, all day long, and so will some other players from div (choppa, castro, method, joobs, etc) and none of them use macros.

thats a common misconception by people who don't know how to use them.

RoadKill
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by RoadKill »

Tronica wrote: i will throw purple pots at you perfectly from the across the screen or 3 tiles away, while running, all day long, and so will some other players from div (choppa, castro, method, joobs, etc) and none of them use macros.

thats a common misconception by people who don't know how to use them.
Couldn't agree more. I use purples just like any other potion.

whoa its shan wrote:As I was being chased by somebody (forgot who) he kept throwing GE pots at me and I could see my health bar decreasing dramatically, and then I died.
Next time you are being chased by a potion hucker, you should throw them back at them while you run away. I've killed a few people like this recently actually and it kinda makes me wonder what they were thinking.
Lake Superior 1997-2002, UOSA 2008-Present
I no longer use this account, if you need to reach me, message my new account, Boomland Jenkins

Hernando_Kortez

Post by Hernando_Kortez »

I should add that GE pots on T2A are far from run UO default. They have been tweaked for accuracy like everything else on this shard and are to my knowlege the closest to OSI of any freeshard. Most shards add random timers because people moan and whine about them...

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Just fyi to the people complaining about this, you can record a razor macro of you clicking a potion at your feet and targeting your last target. Loop it and set it to a hotkey and when someone tosses a potion press the hotkey and (if possible) you will toss it right back at your last target.

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hemperor »

You know what's funny? The animation means fuck all, just like every other animation in UO does. The distance also doesn't mean shit, I've been over all of this with Derrick and was the only one with him testing the purple potion tweaks that were done over a month ago.

[22:26] <ian> why am i making 3750 empty kegs
[22:27] <ian> 1125000 for 3750 empty kegs
----------------------------------------
[10:44] <ian> a good cat is a dead cat

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Hemperor wrote:You know what's funny? The animation means fuck all, just like every other animation in UO does. The distance also doesn't mean shit, I've been over all of this with Derrick and was the only one with him testing the purple potion tweaks that were done over a month ago.
Yup Yup and Yup. Ignore the animations, Just pretend that when your guy gets near another guy the attack instantly happens.

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR

Post by RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR »

Lol when I first started I used to think that if I ran away from a E Bolt fireball ect I could delay the damage as long as it had not hit me yet.

malice-tg
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by malice-tg »

whoa its shan wrote:All of these points are valid, but in all reality I don't remember the potions seeking you. To top that off, I don't think the animation is much different from real time explosion. As I was being chased by somebody (forgot who) he kept throwing GE pots at me and I could see my health bar decreasing dramatically, and then I died.

As for clicking last target at the perfect time, I guarantee you (as a fairly decent scripter on razor) it is an incredibly easy macro to make. I know some of you might think "well use it yourself then," but I just don't agree with the idea in general.

lol

ok to clarify. people in pvp always used potions. and they always worked the same.

before t2a xbow mages in plate used them in huge chaos order fights in skara / brit on catskills. it was even MORE powerfull back then because with no EVAL INT bonus for spells the exp pot hit about as hard as an ebolt would.

during t2a era people used them because spells didnt do damage in town it was legit way to get a risky kill.

in UOR people used them alot more with alchy bonus obviously which may have been the time "non pvpers" started experimenting with purples on their newly converted mule pvper.

the mechanics dont heat seek. they never did. if you throw it at a person it lands at thier feet and explodes when its timer is complete..ferp uoa had same features as razor with macros so nothing is different.

just because you died to someone tossing pots on you doesnt mean its not accurate. sorry that just seems to be your main point.

Finesse

Post by Finesse »

explo pots worked rly well in t2a they got nerfed in uor and then the alchy boost in pub16 made them overpowered

Fwerp
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Fwerp »

My point, mainly, was that on OSI, potions did not follow people through gates or follow them when they recalled. This leads me to believe that the way explosion potions follow people here is slightly cheaper than the were on OSI.

Faust

Post by Faust »

Explosion potions follow people through gates and when they recall?

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hemperor »

That doesn't sound right to me at all Faust, I am pretty sure that targetting a player just sends the potion to that players location instantly. Which is why people wait until the last possible moment to throw.

[22:26] <ian> why am i making 3750 empty kegs
[22:27] <ian> 1125000 for 3750 empty kegs
----------------------------------------
[10:44] <ian> a good cat is a dead cat

Fwerp
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Fwerp »

Yes Faust, each has happened to me multiple times. I am sure I am not alone.