chumbucket and Associates grand steal-a-thon

Post your player run event here.
Forum rules
Please make the topic as descriptive and concise as possible. If your event has not been changed to sticky or announce and you would like it to be, please contact a staff member. Announced events, which show up on our main website Must include the event date in the topic title.
MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: chumbucket and Associates grand steal-a-thon

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Congratulations Seymor Duncan on locating the treasure. He walked away with a deed to a large house with patio and a check for 50k!

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

would you be willing to put a the whole story on here?
what were the clues where were they etc?
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

I have more info and screeshots. Ill post when I can edit them.

Clark_Kent
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Clark_Kent »

Nice work Seymour!

For the record, every town in game is by water except Wind. Cry.
Chief Editor of The Daily Planet
chumbucket and Associates (cA)

Santiago

Post by Santiago »

Congrats Seymour....I have to say I had my doubts, nice event Matron. Apparently not all people in your guild are totally classless... Kudos on a job well done and I liked the creativity. No if others could just follow your example maybe you guys could actually make the shard better.

Bakishwaka

Post by Bakishwaka »

Clark_Kent wrote:Nice work Seymour!

Delucia

Clark_Kent
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Clark_Kent »

Santiago wrote:Congrats Seymour....I have to say I had my doubts, nice event Matron. Apparently not all people in your guild are totally classless... Kudos on a job well done and I liked the creativity. No if others could just follow your example maybe you guys could actually make the shard better.
I'm curious to as which characters in cA you consider to be "classless" and a detriment to the server, there's only about 5 of us really and for the most part I'd like to think we all work towards the betterment of this shard and it's community.

Bakishwaka wrote:
Clark_Kent wrote:Nice work Seymour!

Delucia

I knew I had to be missing one. No houses in the lost lands though. 8)

noxmonk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by noxmonk »

Clark_Kent wrote: I'm curious to as which characters in cA you consider to be "classless" and a detriment to the server, there's only about 5 of us really and for the most part I'd like to think we all work towards the betterment of this shard and it's community.
I think it would be a safe bet to say your "associates" have pushed more people away specifically by your actions then people who have joined because of them. You would qualify this as betterment?

Clark_Kent
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Clark_Kent »

noxmonk wrote:
Clark_Kent wrote: I'm curious to as which characters in cA you consider to be "classless" and a detriment to the server, there's only about 5 of us really and for the most part I'd like to think we all work towards the betterment of this shard and it's community.
I think it would be a safe bet to say your "associates" have pushed more people away specifically by your actions then people who have joined because of them. You would qualify this as betterment?
We host numerous events that are accessible to new players that usually require little skill and prizes can be obtained merely with effort (my character obtained his first house through cA related events before he was a member.) cA kept me playing here when I started and I've brought 4 friends to the server.

We are a major presence in the bug department as well as the new players forum (and the forum community as a whole). We are constantly on IRC participating civilly in discussion. We're always willing to educate players on the mechanics of the game and how to safeguard oneself. We are constantly answering questions and advising new players because we are so well known--our capers provide entertainment for quite a few people, and most I have come across in my own tales of adventure enjoy the stories we provide.

And ultimately, we're not a for-profit group. We keep enough to live comfortably and recycle the rest of our wealth back into the community in our events. Notice it's not new players who are often our targets, it's the big dogs who should know better or have the means to eat the loss and move on.

chumbucket
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by chumbucket »

I propose we implement Trammel immediately, or else players may come here and realize some people will steal from them!

Jynxy

Post by Jynxy »

I have to say I have never had any trouble with cA and it is like Clark said I have learn from their tales of adventure. I even tried to give chum some gold once but he wouldn't take it. However he did give another character of mine that was new 5k for no reason at all. They play the game the way they want to and that is what UO has always been about in my opinion.

Santiago

Post by Santiago »

I wasn't talking about the advice you guys give out,thats all good I'm sure you've helped out plenty of Newbs. But you also have ripped off and make it tough for new players to enjoy the game. I have a few other chars that are not affiliated to any guilds, nor have they ever received help from CA or anyone else. They have been stolen from by bards...or I mean thieves. You guys may target the big dogs, but you also harass the other players on the shard. If a guy has 10k gold on them and it was all they had you would take 9k and give them a book saying to be better prepared next time and to have better loot. Your play style is one of the better amongest thieves like yourselves, but to not be able to keep up with the bigdogs in other more noble and respectable ways makes me think you guys our but small fish in the BIG ocean trying to survive by trickery and deceit. I'm sure if we started a post on who likes, dislikes or enjoys your guild there would be plenty of people on both sides. It was merly a statement much like what several other players have made on other threads. If you feel the need to question and defend yourselves by all means do it. It'll be humorous to read, after all laughter is the best cure., and you guys are all a bunch of jokes.
:lol:

Har Har

Post by Har Har »

Santiago wrote:I wasn't talking about the advice you guys give out,thats all good I'm sure you've helped out plenty of Newbs. But you also have ripped off and make it tough for new players to enjoy the game. I have a few other chars that are not affiliated to any guilds, nor have they ever received help from CA or anyone else. They have been stolen from by bards...or I mean thieves. You guys may target the big dogs, but you also harass the other players on the shard. If a guy has 10k gold on them and it was all they had you would take 9k and give them a book saying to be better prepared next time and to have better loot. Your play style is one of the better amongest thieves like yourselves, but to not be able to keep up with the bigdogs in other more noble and respectable ways makes me think you guys our but small fish in the BIG ocean trying to survive by trickery and deceit. I'm sure if we started a post on who likes, dislikes or enjoys your guild there would be plenty of people on both sides. It was merly a statement much like what several other players have made on other threads. If you feel the need to question and defend yourselves by all means do it. It'll be humorous to read, after all laughter is the best cure., and you guys are all a bunch of jokes.
:lol:
What exactly is the point you are trying to make? Are you saying that thieving is unfair in Ultima Online? That thief's are bad people?

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

its another risk element that is missing from most games
deffinately adds to the fun
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

Downs

Post by Downs »

Santiago I'm gathering that the best move for you would be to do all your gameplay on Nujelm or Serps Hold, relatively safe from us thieves....
RoadKill wrote: "cA" is a guild of trickery, thieves and explosives so be wary around them.
The New Yew Bank Mall! Don't bother shopping anwhere else!
cA's Database of Adventures!!!